bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just one I never noticed before.  (Read 5401 times)

Steve Crook

Just one I never noticed before.
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:37:03 AM »

(2Ch 9:13)  Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;

hillsbororiver

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 01:37:44 PM »

A beastly amount one might say......................interesting, I never noticed this either. Something to ponder.

Thanks,

Joe

Steve Crook

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 04:04:43 PM »

Also makes me think on the 700 wives of Solomon, 7 being complete flesh...but then 300 concubines ....1000 or 10, being the number of the pefection of the flesh or something pertaining to it.

There's a lot to those numbers and their relation to the flesh and the temple of God. Think about it. All these numbers relating to perfect.. complete.. flesh and the building of the temple of God...all shall be saved = temple of God in US? But the flesh can not inherite the temple so it is obviously pointing to something spiritual in meaning.

Just some random thoughts.

40 years of one temple, 3 spiritual days of another being built up...

flesh versus spiritual

3 being a process, 3 step process in the progression of the beast.. 2, 4, 6 wings, 6, 6, 6 lol, number of the beast... Honestly it all is very interesting to me.

djbeeler

Re: Just one I never noticed before.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 11:18:22 AM »

Quote from: Steve Crook
(2Ch 9:13)  Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred and threescore and six talents of gold;

I came across this verse several weeks ago. Did not know what to make of it then ... still don't. Need to do a study to see how it fits with the other verses that discuss the number of man.

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 12:19:51 PM »

Quote from: Steve Crook
700 wives of Solomon

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

...and I can't even have 1. sigh...

:(

Falconn003

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 12:38:20 PM »

My 1st wife felt like 700...so maybe it was an anology of sorts, or as i see it a growing pain.

Rodger

ertsky

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 01:38:59 PM »

:lol:

Steve Crook

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 03:19:20 PM »

LOL, still trying to figure out what 300 concubines would be used for? LOL, I know what they could be used for, but with 700 wives how could one attend to them all? Obviously, these are physical numebrs that are showing something spiritual, so just thought I throw in the scripture for discussion.

Seems to me that Solomon didn't ask for riches but was given ALL the riches a man could ever use or imagine? 600 60 6.... That's an odd number to pull in YEARLY? There is so much to this, that maybe I won't be given eyes until after I'm ressurected, lol? Then, the number of everything else falls EXACTLY in line with the "process" of something, the "completeness" of something, and it has it's own hidden manna. Just wondering what it is???

Later all

P.S. Sorry if this is confusing anyone, as I haven't thought it out that long but it is one of those things that just kind of stick in your mind, ya know? Anyhow....

Mickyd

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 11:32:47 PM »

That same verse is repeated here

1Kings 10:14 Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.