bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Women?  (Read 6208 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Women?
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:29:09 AM »

Hallow Ray,

I have done all I could but nobody is prepared to answer my question on the above topic. Can you please clarify me on this question?

What is your view point with regards to women teaching in church?  Take consideration of the following scriptures:

1. 1 Cor. 14:34.
   2. Galatians 3:27-28

Regards,

George

Dear George:

I am thinking that you believe Gal. 3:27 voids out I Cor. 14:34?  If it does, the why would Paul have written it?

The answer is quote simple:

"IN CHRIST" there is no "male or female."  But, IN THE FLESH there still is male and female, otherwise homosexuality would not be a sin. Can you see how silly that approach to this Scripture would be?

We are still in physical bodies and we are still male and female, and as such the man is the head of the woman just as Jesus is the head of the Church. And as such, Paul did not permit women to preach or teach in the congregation.  However, there are many situation in which women can teach: to their children (both girls and boys); on the telephone, in letters, in group discussions, etc.  I believe their teaching is just pretty much limited in the area of not getting in front of an assembly of men and women and being featured as the main speaker or teacher. Not that she might not be able or qualified, but rather it is a matter of subjection to authority.  I have never done a long study on this subject, but I have read several papers by those who have, and most of them are shot through with theological holes.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.