bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sacrificing  (Read 5349 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sacrificing
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »

Hello Mr. Smith. I have been reading your site for quite some time now. I am very relieved with what I have found. However, there are no sunday school meetings that you organize anywhere near me, and I enjoy fellowship, so I do attend a United Methodist Church. In this church, I am a member of a small group and we are studying the tabernacle. I have a question I have not been able to get answered and I was hoping your insight would help me.
Today, Jesus' sacrifice means eternal life. In the Old Testament there was no eternal life to have. If the Jews sacrificed for the forgiveness of their sin but were still left in the grave, what purpose was there to sacrificing the animals. They would be left in the grave no matter what, and their sins still needed to be forgiven by Jesus later on. I know this is a question that might not get answered quickly, but if you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate.
Keep on the good work, and if you ever start a bible study in Ohio, let me know!!
Meghan

Dear Meghan:
Sacrificing animals was a part of the law. Obeying the law brought God's blessings.  God's blessings consisted of a long and healthy life in the LAND.  Nothing more.

Talk to a Fundamentalist, however, and he will tell you that when Jesus was crucified and was supposed to be dead for our sins, He really was not dead, but for three days He went to hell and taught the gospel and those who believed were taken with Him back to heaven.  So much for Christian fairy tales.

All of these people, along with the Gentiles will be resurrected to judgment in which they will qualify for immortality and salvation.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.