bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Death  (Read 6227 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Death
« on: October 15, 2006, 11:32:13 AM »

Ray,

My husband died eight months ago and I am having a very hard time understanding where he is.  We have four children and they ask many questions.  The question most asked is can daddy hear us when we talk to him?  Can you tell me where he is, if he can hear us and will he and I be together again?  I have read we will be together as brother and sister.  I thought we would be together in heaven as husband and wife.  I am having a difficult time with his death.  Please help.

Thank you,
Tami

Dear Tami:
You need to be honest with yourself and with your children.  To do this, you will need to rid your mind of all the pagan fairy tales of the Church. I can tell you where you husband is according to the Scriptures, and we have no higher authority than that.

You said it yourself: "My husband DIED...."  He is, therefore, dead.  But that is not nearly as bad as it sounds or feels.  Dead to us is a hopeless feeling. It all seems so final when our loved-ones die.  What we need to do is to see death through the eyes of God. In the Scriptures, God likens death to "sleep." And He uses this analogy over nd overf and over again. David was inspired to write: "Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I SLEEP THE SLEEP OF DEATH"  (Psalm 13:3).

Our Lord also died: "...Christ DIED for our sins according to the Scriptures"   (I Cor. 15:3).  And Jesus was resurrected back to life from the dead:  "But now is Christ risen from the DEAD, and become the firstfruits of them that SLEPT [have fallen asleep]"  (I Cor. 15:20).

Raising the dead is no more difficult for God that waking your children after a good night's sleep.  Do you fear for your children when then sleep at night?  Do you sorrow because you cannot speak to them while they are sleeping?  You will see your husand again in the morning, after a good night's sleep. But for now, he is still sleeping. This should be comforting for you and your children.

Man is composed of two vital components: a body and a spirit. No body, including animals can live without spirit. When the spirit from God that He gives all humans unites with a physical body, the result is "living soul." When God created Adam of the elements of the ground and breathed in his nostrils the breath [or ruach--spirit], the man became a "living soul."  We only live--think, feel, taste, hear, smell, talk, create, love, etc., because of the result of body and spirit.  The soul does not exist in a vacuum or by itself without the body and spirit. At death, the spirit is taken back by God, and the body returns to the dust. There IS NO SOUL in death.  The sentient person with his personality, character, and consciousness will only revive when God reunited our spirit with a new body. This happens at resurrection, which is yet future. Your husband has no consciousness now, as he is figuratively speaking, ASLEEP.  And only God can wake him up again.

For the remaining details, read the material on our site.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.