bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hugs and Kisses  (Read 10681 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Hugs and Kisses
« on: March 28, 2006, 12:48:26 PM »

Falconn003

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 12:53:51 PM »

Dennis

wonderfuly and thankfuly needed about now. :wink:

Rodger

zander

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 01:50:27 PM »

Interesting point.

love_magnified

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 02:33:23 PM »

I wonder if some are not aware that their doctrine is incorrect. Are they wolves in sheep's clothing or in need of guidance? How can we distinguish? I think there is a danger in viewing anyone with doctrinal misconceptions or errors as ravanous wolves on the inside, when they are really just misinformed. What do you think?

Falconn003

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 03:07:10 PM »

i think there fore i am in thought, though i thought i'll think this over.

Rodger

love_magnified

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 03:08:08 PM »

That made me dizzy. ;)

ertsky

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 03:09:08 PM »

how can we distinguish ? good question

well one major factor would have to be doctrine, it's amazing to follow the word doctrine through the new testament

what i mean though is if someone comes on real strong as a teacher of babes but then comes out with

you shall not surely die

or

God cant see your sins

or

natural israel is the bride

then it's pretty clear something is wrong

but only by knowing the word thoroughly can we test the messages or try the spirits and see if what is typed lines up with the doctrine of Christ

and in the multitude of counsellors, hopefully if all of us keep an eye out for false doctrine in each others posts it will help

if i typed a wrong doctrine and someone pm'd me and said you typed this but the word says this i would be grateful

and if i thought they were wrong and we put it on the board all the better

we could all submit to one another

until everyone is agreed and every word has been verified or not as the case may be

if it seems to be a seeker just wrong i guess we would just try to point it out and if they continue we could ask the mods what they think

i don't know but i'm open to suggestions

also i think all of us have to be on our toes and keep listening out for the leading of the spirit to alert us to error and make sure that there is no misleading doctrine in a post.

Eph 4:11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Eph 4:12  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Eph 4:16  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Eph 4:17  This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,

1Pe 1:5  Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

i think the more time we spend in the word the better as far as recognising things that dont line up

theres a good audio on dakotaland about it

http://dakotaland.homelinux.com/audio.php

i'm not sure which one it is though

just listen to all of em LOL!

and like i said if anyone finds error in anything i post just go ahead and point it out i'd rather be embarrassed than have error in my posts

i'm sure if it wasn't for the spirit of God i would be decieved in an instant anyway

over the years i've been sucked in quite a few times but in the end He leads me into all truth

i trust He will always protect His own

Joh 10:27  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28  And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.

lets keep watch together

f

love_magnified

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 03:15:44 PM »

Amen. Yes I actually am going through all the audio now. So it appears that at some point all who have preached or taught or believed in a false doctrine have been wolves in sheeps clothing. I can agree with that, Judas was chosen for his purpose, like it or not. However, remembering to identify with them will help us, for we have all been like that.

hillsbororiver

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 06:12:45 PM »

First off I want to thank Ray for another very excellent article and the clarity the Spirit provided through him.

Secondly, Frank (ertsky) nailed it again, I do not want to sound like I am wise beyond measure or anything as silly as that but;

(as Frank quoted)

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

It doesn't seem to take more than a few posts by some for me to recognize that the spirit they are here with is not one I want to fellowship with, before anyone convulses over that statement let me explain, when a person comes here knowing what the basic premis of this forum is all about and then proceeds to preach otherwise especially assailing the love of our Lord and the total success of what He was comissioned to do I do not see the point or the gain in giving this person a soapbox here in this forum. I know others feel the same and we have been called "unloving" and a host of other names that were not intended as compliments.

If they want to say the things they speak of they have plenty of other options, and a multitude of places to fellowship, we for the most part do not. With that being said when a person comes in here with beliefs that are contrary to ours and they approach us with a humble heart seeking Truth first and not here to "shake foundations" or do "irrepairable damage" to this forum then I am all for sharing with them, seeking His wisdom with them.

The warning flags should begin to wave when folks do not repond to direct questions and try to twist other members words to suit their cause and accuse them of being without love for your brother, it is then we should become wary.

(from Ray's paper)

"For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous [savage] wolves enter in among YOU, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men [and women] arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them" (Acts 20:29-30).

I know I have seen this in play many, many times in the 7 months I have been a part of this forum, there have even been those who were successful in drawing others away and leaving here with bitter words for their brothers and sisters. This process will continue, at the very least we should be aware and pay heed to the warning signs, I know there will be some who will disagree with this, "who is he to pick and choose, it is all up to the Lord" while there is merit in that thought we must also remember this;

Mat 24:11  And many false prophets shall rise and shall deceive many.

1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

We should not fear being labeled unloving or "like the church you came out of" but like Paul who would call it as he saw it, with the eyes of the Spirit speaking without trepidation;

Act 13:10  And said, O full of all subtlety and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

Joe

Sorin

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 06:23:42 PM »

Joe,

I once again find myself to be in accord with what you have to say.

love_magnified

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »

Amen. Is it possible for people to be wolves in sheeps clothing without knowing it?

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 07:02:11 PM »

Quote from: love_magnified
Amen. Is it possible for people to be wolves in sheeps clothing without knowing it?

Absolutely. They think they are doing God's service when they kill you! That's a paraphrase that I'm sure I read somewhere in the bible.

Dennis

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 07:06:30 PM »

Found it:

Joh 16:2  They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Dennis

eutychus

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 07:11:08 PM »

I wonder if some are not aware that their doctrine is incorrect. Are they wolves in sheep's clothing or in need of guidance? How can we distinguish? I think there is a danger in viewing anyone with doctrinal misconceptions or errors as ravanous wolves on the inside, when they are really just misinformed. What do you think?

no they think they are right everyone wants to be right.
only a humble spirit is teachable.
unless you get knocked off your horse.

hillsbororiver

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 08:23:58 PM »

Quote from: eutychus

no they think they are right everyone wants to be right.
only a humble spirit is teachable.
unless you get knocked off your horse.

Chuck, yes the need to be "right" versus seeking the Truth, the only way to obtain it (Truth) is with a humble spirit.

While it is true you can be deceived by just being gullible or even ignorant it is also true that greed, pride, self rightousness or jealousy can put one in a very prone position to be deceived.

A clever and subtle con artist such as the devil (but not limited to) can appeal to our pride and vanity and sense of entitlement making us a willing partner in our own loss or destruction.

Joe

ertsky

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 04:06:30 AM »

INCREDIBLE!

pneuma says

natural israel is the bride

the word says

Rom 2:28  For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

and pneuma cant see a problem with that!

He makes a statement in plain contradiction to the word and then complains because someone is noticing

f

Chris R

Hi
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 08:27:59 AM »

Hello Folks,

The rules are the rules. There are hundreds if not thousands of forums to discuss your opinions. This forum is to discuss what we learned from the writings of L.Ray Smith.

I find it difficult to understand why this seems to be such a hard thing to understand?

Chris R

bowlbyx

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 09:48:50 AM »

I dont want to be a wolve in sheep clothing!

david

eutychus

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 09:55:11 AM »

Quote from: bowlbyx
I dont want to be a wolve in sheep clothing!

david

wear cotton :lol:

SandyFla

Hugs and Kisses
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 03:28:36 PM »

Amen, Bobby!!

I've learned a lot in the last few years, but I also welcome correction if I say anything that is unscriptural. While I love wolves (the animal), I'd rather be a spiritual sheep :!:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.