bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Chosen  (Read 4346 times)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
The Chosen
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:38:30 AM »

As I was reading and studying the scriptures this morning, the Lord blessed me with the ability to see clearer what His "chosen", the Elect, the "few" really mean to Him.  It is a humbling, joyful, fearful, wonderful, encouraging, awesome experience to be chosen to have this special relationship with our Lord and Saviour.  I pray that these scriptures affect all of you as powerfully as they did me this morning.  These scriptures are found in Deuteronomy chapter 7.

Deu. 7:6 - "For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth.

Deu. 7:7 - "The Lord did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all people;

Deu. 7:8 - "but because the Lord loves you...the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage...

Deu. 7:9 - "Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God...

Deu. 7:14 - "You are blessed above all peoples;...

Deu. 7:21 - "...; for the Lord your God, the great and awesome God, is among you.

Peace, mercy and His grace to you all,

Rene

Kat

Re: The Chosen
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 01:30:28 PM »

Hi Rene,

Good post.
We must always be thankful for all He has done for us.

Deu 14:2  For you are a people holy to the LORD your God, and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 01:56:19 PM »

It is an awesome yet humbling thought to consider and pray for.

He draws His through the fire;

Isa 48:10  Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

To this wonderful promise;

1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:

His Peace to you,

Joe

orion77

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 12:45:20 PM »

As I was reading and studying the scriptures this morning, the Lord blessed me with the ability to see clearer what His "chosen", the Elect, the "few" really mean to Him.  It is a humbling, joyful, fearful, wonderful, encouraging, awesome experience to be chosen to have this special relationship with our Lord and Saviour.  I pray that these scriptures affect all of you as powerfully as they did me this morning.  These scriptures are found in Deuteronomy chapter 7.

Deu. 7:6 - "For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth.

Deu. 7:7 - "The Lord did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all people;

Deu. 7:8 - "but because the Lord loves you...the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage...

Deu. 7:9 - "Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God...

Deu. 7:14 - "You are blessed above all peoples;...

Deu. 7:21 - "...; for the Lord your God, the great and awesome God, is among you.

Peace, mercy and His grace to you all,

Rene

Thank you for sharing Rene, that is just what I needed to hear.  With the knowledge of astronomy that has grown and our minds cannot grasp just how large this universe is, so the love of our God truly is.  His mercy really does endure forever.

Thanks again Rene, God bless you,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.