bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When does the crying stop?  (Read 6072 times)

jennie

When does the crying stop?
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:32:48 PM »

As many of you know. our daughter got married this weekend. We absolutely love our new son and are so happy to have him in our family. They are on a cruise right now and Michael and I can't seem to stop our crying. Not unhappy but talking about when she was little and remembering things. We feel better for a while but then something else starts us up! Are we crazy or is this normal? Love to all, Jennie

mongoose

Re: When does the crying stop?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:57:49 PM »

I think this may be normal.  I don't have kids...but my mom cried for at least a week when my brother went off to college.  It sounds like you have a lot of good memories and joy.  And that is wonderful!!!  BTW, congrats on the new addition to your family.   :D

mongoose

gmik

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:22:22 PM »

Hi, Jennie.  Our son got married this July and moved to Florida. No we didn't cry.  Actually, we were very happy.  He has lived with us since college and we were kinda getting worried there. My daughter went to college and I was definetly weepy for that and out of sorts for a long time.  Like what is my purpose now??? :-\

Then she went to Europe and taught English in Switzerland. Then she got married.  No tears.  But did miss the daily interaction.  Well, when our "baby" joined the Marines, I was like....bye!!

With our 3 coming & going we have YET to have an empty nest!!!! Our baby is back home after 8 years in the Marines!

Yes, dear Jennie you are very normal.  It is a big change! But it does get ya when you start reminiscing....life is WAY tooooooooo  fast!!!

love,
gena

jennie

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 05:30:47 PM »

This is our only child and we ar so happy for her. We were looking at photo albums last night and just remembering our baby. If there was only some way we could truly realize how quickly the time goes and appreciate even  more our time. I have to be honest here and say it was hard when she moved back home after college. We had sort of gotten used to doing our own things! Oh well... Jennie

longhorn

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 09:22:16 PM »

It Wont...  We serve an awsome God who has so many great things in store for us.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Just wait.

longhorn

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 12:54:50 AM »

Im on a roll, where is bobby and chuck when we need them. 

Everyone listen up. Romans Chapt 7 verse  4.   Good Times are comming our way. 

Longhorn

longhorn

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 02:51:37 AM »

Boy that was a great verse of scripture.  Oh well .  I will just praise God all by myself tonight. 

Longhorn

gmik

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 03:12:33 AM »

You must live out west.  Its late here in the east.  But I did read Rom. 7:4
We are dead and we get to marry Jesus....huh??

Explain please.  You are just too fired up and excited>   Come on, you got some splainin to do!

longhorn

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 04:00:23 AM »

Gena,  Dead to the law-----------freedom,     

Longhorn.       East Tx.       ;D

jennie

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 12:02:09 PM »

Hey ya'll, Just wanted to let you know ...the crying has stopped!!! The kids come in and out all week. I cook supper for them about 2 nights a week. They both work strange hours and don't get through on Thursday's until late. We have a running joke now on Thursday's that their food is from Mom and Pop's Country cooking. I pack their whole meal, include dessert and sweet tea! All they have to do is sit down and eat it! Even though our baby got married we gained and didn't lose. Now Michael and I are more focused on what the rest of our lives will be! Much love, Jennie

brothertoall

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 04:35:10 PM »

Jennie your daughter and son-in-law are so very blessed to have you!!

bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 05:24:46 PM »

I look at my son and ask him...where is my baby gone? He answers Mom don't call me a baby.

The Doctor who delivered my son told me that his Mother still calls him her baby. He tried to stop her once he reached fourty and now  even though he is near to seventy he shruged his great shoulders and told me he has now finally accepted it. ;D A mother will always be a mother and her babies will always be her babies no matter how old they get ;D That to me is a comfort as I watch my son growing up far to fast!

Am happy that you are restored to new horizons of joy ahead of you now Jennie............God is the God of spring, summer, autumn and winter. He is everywhere ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Chris R

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 10:02:15 AM »

Hello,

Our Baby is 6'4'' and tips the scales at around 325, and yes i get a bit emotional.....when i see the food bill......

To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:  A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

This is one of those "weeping" times.......

Seriuosly,  i wouldnt take a billion dollars in exchange for either of them.....but.. i wouldnt give a  nickle for another.

Chris R.

jennie

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 06:55:22 PM »

Thanks ya'll! It's so good to have everyone understand where we all are with our "babies" now. Our babies will always be our babies no matter the age! Much love, Jennie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.