bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: End of the Year reflections  (Read 5331 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

End of the Year reflections
« on: December 25, 2006, 09:09:53 AM »

Saluations to All,

Well, it is so hard to believe that another year is winding down.  I wanted to share this with you becuase Spirit is prompting me to.  [Note:  Moderators, I am not sure if this topic goes here, but if you think it goes elsewhere, please move it to the appripraite thread for me.]

Last year when I married my wonderful husband on October 11, 2005, I would have never imagined myself at this point.  At that time, I had left the Catholic Church.  I had become so discouraged in the matters of the "One True and Apostolic Church".  No matter how many confessions I went to, I did not feel at peace.  I wondered if I would ever find peace and goodwill on the face of the planent, let alone in my own life.

Last year at this time, we were struggling to live in an apartment on our own.  The utilities were going unpaid as well as rent.  In January 2006, we went to stay with friends.  At that time we were looking into the Messianic Church here in town.  From the moment I walked in, I still did not feel peace.  In Decemember 2005, we gave up on any Church.  Oh if I had only found Ray's papers then, but I do not think that I would have been ready for it then.

In November 2005, we found out that I was pregnant.  From there on it was an amazing journey.  We had to grow up fast.  We cut off all ties to people and struggled on our own.  I read my bible on my own still clouded with the untruths of hell.  I was so scared at this point to die for I did not want to go to hell and send my child to hell with me.  I prayed to God that he would show me the way.

Well in June 2006 several miracles happened.  2 weeks before my precious son was born we were pushed into a position to move from our friends house into our own.  We had both been working that spring, but I had to quit via doctor's orders.  By a wierd "Chance" we called a number and was blessed by God by a dear friend.  This friend helped us move in by paying past debt owed to an organization that my late first husband had racked up here in Lubbock.  They helped pay the initial expenses of moving here.  We were settled that next week.  Sometime in this, I wanted final closure with the Catholic Church.  I went again to confession.  To make a good confession, I wrote down a paper of names that I have hurt and needed forgiveness for.  I spent the 2 days before confession calling those people and asking for their forgiveness.  Out of all that list only `1 withheld their forgiveness.  To this day, they refuse to give it.  But I am not worried about that.  Some of these people, I had not spoken to in 7 years.  The Lord God brought this to fruition.  I found out that God was working in the lives of these people though I was not in their lives.

I remember calling Susan and their family.  During this conversation I asked how the church was doing that I remembered her attending.  When she busted out with, there's no hell.  I was elated.  I had been toying around with this idea on my own becuase of what I was beginning to read.  When she began to tell me of Ray Smith, I began to devour his written word.  She to this day has massive notebooks that have his papers in them. 

Since then, it has been a wonderul journey.  And in that journey, I have found life can really be lived to the abundance that Jesus promises.  I have found peace in this.  After leaving the established denominations, I wondered Lord, I need people.  I am a creature that loves society, but I have truly become the nonconformist that I have always been, Lord where are the Nonconformists?  I knew that there were more of us out there. 

Susan and our family have grown so deep this year.  Our son sees them so much, he knows them as family.

On June 25, 2006 our beautiful baby boy was born.  Oh man, I cannot describe the happines and wonderment I felt everytime I looked at my son.  It is even so much more multilplied today. 

Finally around this month, I decided to go and read Ray's website.  I am still in the second paper.  I think that paper will be my favorite, but I will read the others and get back to you on that one.  I "accidentally" scrolled down the end of the page and found this forum.  In a year we have gone from being homeless, to an apartment, bills caught up, we could splurge on our son this year, to a peaceful and full relationship with the Lord, and to an awesome family. 

You all have blessed our lives so much and our family wishes to thank you.  I look forward to going through this next year with you all.  God has brought us out of a desert  and into the dessert of life.

Guys, from Lubbock Texas to where each of you is sent feelings of love and fellowship.  May the Lord bless you so much in your lives this year as he has blessed us.  May the Lord show you so much in your walks with him, that you will truly be the lights of the city on the hill.  May your light this year be so bright, that others are stirred and waken from that slumber which we have come out of in each of our personal walks.  I am going to start the second part of this thread in the off topics, it is entitled to what I am thankful for. 

I look forward to growing with all of you in this next year.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

andrevan

Re: End of the Year reflections
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 09:32:05 AM »

Dear Anne

Thanks for blessing us with your testimony, what a year it's been for you! I like what you said : "I prayed to God that he would show me the way." This is what I did back in June, a few weeks later I came across bible-truths. I was so hungry, God fed me. My wife was suffering with hell, God healed her. It has been a whirlwind year for us and I thank God for all of you, this forum and Ray and his teachings.

Thanks for sharing and may 2007 be a year of growth in God for you and your husband.

The peace of God be with you.
Andrevan.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 07:06:45 PM »

Hey Sis!

Yes, GOD has brought you from darkness into HIS marvelous light!!!  The TRANSFORMATION that I've seen in you and David are wonderful.  It reminds me of a couple of verses  from one of my favorite poems:

LIFE IS REAL, LIFE IS EARNEST;
BUT THE GRAVE IS NOT OUR GOAL;
DUST THOU ART TO DUST RETURNEST
WAS NOT SPOKEN OF THE SOUL.

NOT ENJOYMENT, NO IN SORROW IS OUR DESTINE, END OR WAY;
BUT TO ACT THAT EACH TOMMOROW FINDS US FARTHER THAN TODAY.....

hebrewroots98

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 04:24:38 AM »

ANNE,

IN YOUR PICTURE/SIGNATURE......ISN'T THAT THE "BIBLE TRUTHS" NOTEBOOK FULL OF L.RAYS' TEACHINGS LYING ON THE BED WITH YOU AND BABY DAVID????? ;) :D ;D :D :)

.....I THUGHT SO; I WOULD KNOW THAT WORK OF ART ANYWHERE..... ;D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 10:45:22 AM »

Susan,

Why it SURE is.  Wow you have an observant eye.  That's pretty cool.  I love this picture becuase of David-Lee smiling in it.

Forgot about the notebooks though.  I will see you later.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Oh and Andrevan and Susan,

Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I am glad that both of you have responded to the call out of Babylon. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

mari_et_pere

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 12:30:58 PM »

My goodness! I've been married for almost 7 years. Our 2nd anniversary is in two weeks. Your story sounds SO much like us! Amazing! You've created a totally reflective mood within me. 7 years seems so long, but it's so short also. But enough about me. I want to implore you that even though things get hard, whether financially, or health wise, or anything else, DON'T ever give up hope! Keep the faith and things will calm down. Trust me, me and my wife have found that out many times over. 7 years has taken us up and down over and over again. Things get worse until you remember to keep your faith. Once you do that, things start to look up. But it sounds like you already know that. Just don't forget! Happy New Year!

M@tt

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »

I tend to get very reflective as the old year wanes and is no more.  It is amazing how time flies.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.