bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sin  (Read 5668 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sin
« on: October 17, 2006, 11:11:36 AM »

Hi Ray,

Thank you for helping me to understand so many things through your teaching.  I'll keep it short.  I am still carnal, sin still has dominion over me, rather than the other way around.  I long for things to be different but that's the way it is in my life.  Seeing as I believed 'another gospel' for most of my life, I can't really say I was filled with God's Spirit.  My question is this: was Peter only converted once he was filled with the Holy Spirit?  Is that when a person is no longer dominated by sin?

Thank you kindly for you time,

Amy

Dear Amy:
I think that all professing Christians who are sincere make some progress in their lives in stopping certain sins. But having your mind converted so that you no longer desire sin at all, is a diferent matter. It cannot be accomplished except by God's Spirit.  Many are CALLED and put certain things into practice and stop certain old habbits, but FEW ARE CHOSEN which completely turn their lives over to God so that sin no longer reigns over them.  This is not something I can tell you or teach you how to do. It will be done when it's God's time to do it.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.