bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eternal  (Read 6219 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Eternal
« on: October 17, 2006, 11:22:51 AM »

Dear Mr. Smith

I am curious to know what the different forms of the word Aiwn are. I've been using the Concordant's Interlinear Scripture Analyzer and have found that Aiwn can change into: Aiwnion, Aiwnios, Aiwnia, Aiwnos, ect.

I have a friend telling me that the form Aiwnia in 2 Corinthians 4:18 has to mean eternal.

2 Corinthians 4:18 (King James Version) While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal[Aiwnia].
Sincerely,
John

Dear John:

So help me, I sometimes don't know why I spend hundreds and hundreds of hours writing articles and then dozens and even hundreds of people as me questions that are answered in those articles, but they won't read them.  I have cut and posted a portion of my paper: "Is EVERLASTING Scriptural" from our home page below, which specifically answers your question. If you are interested in the things your are questioning, you need to read the material first that I have already written on the subject:

"[2 Cor 4:18]:s

"Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen [temporal - temporary] but to things that are unseen [spiritual - eternal]; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting

Comment: The concept of "eternity" is foreign to the Holy Scriptures. There is virtually nothing that is outside of the time periods known as aions. There are just a couple of hints regarding life beyond the ages of time. Luke speaks of things pertaining to the Kingdom, not coming to an end. And Paul tells us that in resurrection we will have "incorruption" and "immortality" signifying "deathlessness," but neither word has to do with time itself. Paul also speaks of a time in which God will be "ALL in all." That is the extent to which the Scriptures even hint of eternity or anything beyond the ages of time.

II Cor. 4:18 is neither speaking of "deathless" or "everlasting," as you suggest. It is speaking of what is happening now, in our life of flesh, and what will happen during the ages of our reign with Christ in the kingdom of God. The things of this life, we SEE daily. The things pertaining to the Kingdom of God are as yet "NOT seen." Again, it is not even speaking of what is "visible" and "Invisible," but rather what is NOW SEEN as compared with things "eonian" and NOT YET SEEN, which when seen will not be temporary, but will last through whole eons of time. And all that is perfected through the Kingdom of God and the reign of Christ bringing all enemies into subjection, will last on PAST the eons, and will have NO END.

The next great event in prophecy is not eternity, but rather the END of this eon and the BEGINNING of the next—the one in which the very elect will reign with Christ. There is no sense in jumping into eternity when as yet, we have numerous ages to yet live and administer God’s government and His Great Judgment. And so, what is not yet seen, is "eonian" (pertaining to the eons), and not "eternity" as you and the King James suggests in this verse."

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.