bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forgivness  (Read 5543 times)

brothertoall

Forgivness
« on: October 19, 2006, 10:28:21 AM »

Hello to all,

This is a hard thing for me to do but I feel I must.

As most of you know I left here and before leaving I deleted every post I had ever made and also deleted every thread I had started. There was a reason why and I will get to that later.

First of all I ask that all of you that posted in those threads please forgive me. There were some very good responses and I deeply apologize for doing that. I was upset and am going through some rough times right now but that is no excuse for what I did.

There was an accusation made towards me and I acted a fool. Instead of handling that situation in a Christ like way, I handled the situation in a very carnal way. Words sometimes get said when we are dealing with each other and the sad thing is that those words can never be taken back. Our actions(mine) also work the same way. My words and actions were inexcusable and I am the one who has to live with that.

Now concerning the one who made that accusation towards me and my response to that. I ask for your forgiveness and I should have handled that with love and patient. That too I will have to live with also.

Matthew 5:22-24

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

I have learned a valuable lesson. That being, that God, and He only, knows my heart. Things are going to be said to me or about me and at times are not going to be pleasant. I am learning that it is a soft answer that I should give and realizing that as long as I am following Christ, there are going to be situations like this along the way.

I am not perfect and I still have a very long way to go. You can say and think what you will about me, talk is cheap and I don’t mind as long as I am following the example of Christ. To be more like Him is all that matters.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Love to you all,

bobby

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Forgivness
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 11:22:50 AM »

Hello, Bobby.
Welcome back my brother, we have missed you.

a_child_of_God

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 01:56:03 PM »

Hi Bobby!

You are so right. We, as humans, tend to act before we think and then someone gets hurt.

What we all should do is pray and ask God to give us edifying words to build up instead of using words to tear someone down. Tearing down just creates division in the body of Christ and promotes hatred, bitterness, and strife.

REMEMBER: WORDS ARE LIKE STONES. THEY HURT.

Love in Christ,
Ruth

P.S. nice to see you on here again bobby.

brothertoall

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 02:13:33 PM »

Thank you Ruth and you are so right. I have expierenced both ways.At me and from me and I do not like either one.

bobby

jennie

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 02:22:28 PM »

Hey Bobby!!!! i am so happy to see you again! Whatever did or didn't happen ...it's okay. If all of us can't love , forgive and cherish one another we aren't much different from the world we live in. You've made my day just to see you back! Much love, old ,southern, biscuit making Jennie!

Kat

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 02:41:40 PM »

Hi Bobby,

Glad to see you back posting.
It just isn't the same around here without you.
A new name and a fresh start, it's all good.

Pro 27:9  Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of one's friend by advice from the heart.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 04:34:27 PM »

Hello Brothertoall

Mark 13:13  And you will be hated and detested by EVERYBODY for My name's sake, but he who patiently perseveres and endures to the end will be saved, made a partaker of the salvation by Christ, and delivered from spritual death. (AMPL)

Just to share with you....I am discovering that I have been duped, disarmed and neutralized by false teaching and so much so that when I was tested for my "beliefs" I too blew up in a most undignified manner! That incident made me question why.  I found out that I was imbalanced in my beliefs. I knew to TURN THE OTHER CHEEK but I did not know what this meant! I thought it meant be beaten, be abused and say nothing....WELL...I have been blessed to see differently here on Bible Truths....Yes sure give a soft answer...but don't forget You Fools! You Hypocrites! You Snakes! here on this site and also check out how RAY answers some of his detractors. There are HUGE lessons there!  Isaiah 50 : 7 "For the Lord God helps Me; therefore have I not been ashamed or confounded. Therefore have I set My face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame."

I am not suggesting hurling abuse back but REFUTE YES that 's okay! Paul himself did not deny accusations HE REFUTED THEM. Deny is simply to disagree with no evidence. Turn the other cheek as I have been taught is, back down, bow down, submit to evil bleet an occasional denial and feel guilty and let your goodness give evil authority over you by silencing your voice,  saying nothing, opposing nothing and confronting nothing...That is what I was taught :P  That is how Religion makes water out of wine!... :P

Refute is to disagree with EVIDENCE. Ample examples of this in Rays Christ minded way of handling detractors!...and just look at Pauls example not to mention Jesus Christs WOE TO YOU....if that didn't wake them up then they were DEAD asleep!

I am personally learning  HOT or COLD is not  soft, neutral or luke warm! (I am preaching to me! I went soft, pious and pretty just recently and I saw I could have been HOT or COLD only in hind sight! That is equally as painful to live with as the other extreme!...and now I know and am ready for the next time, but it is going to take guts. ....Have never been HOT or COLD only luke warm so far! ;D)...but I am learning....!...I thank God!

Look at Jesus ....Mat 16 : 23 " Jesus TURNED AWAY from Peter (You know, the Peter He prayed for and against Satan who wanted to sift him like wheat...)and said to him(Peter) GET behind Me SATAN! (THATS HOT! Peter must have felt CHILLED TO THE BONE MARROW...and there was more! ;D) You are in My way, an offense and a hindrance and a snare to Me; for you are minding what partakes not of the nature and quality of God, but of men.

I know this all needs discernment....  I believe you see the spirit in which this post is written is NOT to advocate anyone in the forum exchange our white belts into a Holier than Thou black belt and attack the China Shop ;D...

God bless you brotherofall....as HE does!.... :)...our training continues brother!

Arcturus :)

orion77

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 04:41:04 PM »

Welcome back Bobby.

Good to hear from you again.  Hasn't been the same without you.

God bless you brother,

Gary

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 08:46:36 PM »

Hi Bobby,

Welcome back brother.  I have always enjoyed your heartfelt comments. 

I truly feel your pain.  I too am learning that even here on the Bible-Truths.com forum, hurtful language can be used when people don't see and understand things the same way.  This has been an eye-opening experience for me just this week.  I take comfort in knowing that this is all a part of the Lord showing us where we are in this walk with Him.  Where we are weak, He will make us strong.

Peace and His grace to you.

Rene'

Beloved

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 01:37:36 AM »

Welcome back Bobby, I came to testamonies last but I immediately knew that this was you when you posted.

Faith is dying to one self. It is a gift from God. The more you obey God....the more you move towards God and the more faith He gives to you.   That is how we move from faith to faith.

Half the battle is recognizing our own faults. It is Christ in us.. that points them out.
The other half of the battle in submission of self. It is the Faith of Christ that lead us all toward forgivness.
We forgive the other party and we also need to forgive your 'old man'.   

We all lose the light in our halos sometimes.  We all love you.... so plug your's back in again and shine on. 

Beloved
                    WELCOME BACK BOBBY

brothertoall

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 09:03:42 AM »

Thank all of you for your kind words. I was very nervous about stating this thread and was a little afraid that many of you would be upset with me. Your love and patient is very dear to me and I mean that with all my heart.

bobby

gmik

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 02:00:19 PM »

Welcome Back Bobby.  It is SO good to have ya back!

gena

iris

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 09:16:16 PM »

Hi Bobby,

Welcome back.
I have enjoyed reading your posts.
I'm glad to see you back.

Love to All
Iris

buddyjc

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 12:07:51 PM »

Hi Bobby, good to have you back,

You are not alone my friend.  I have a habit of putting the size 13 in the mouth, and it happens so fast you don't realize it until you begin to feel bad.  We are only human, but with the grace of God we can overcome.

Your Brother,
Brian

SandyFla

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 06:04:33 PM »

Welcome back, Bobby! I just read what I guess is an older thread about you leaving, but I'm so glad you're back.  :)

Sandy

shoani

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 07:22:41 AM »

welcome back Bobby,

Am just wondering about  Matt 5 vers  22 especially the last line. by just saying Thou Fool does a person qualify to be burned with hell fire? then brotherhood must be something that God cherishes alot. does that meant that hell exist then? I know Ray would say no but i was just wondering.

brothertoall

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 11:46:26 AM »

Shoani,

No that does not mean there is a hell. I do believe this is talking about judgement and as children of God we are chastized or corrected by His fire. He definately is, was and will be correcting me because He loves me and all.

Ray does a real nice job in explaing this:

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

bobby
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 23 queries.