bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 6849 times)

Prosizz

Hi all
« on: October 19, 2006, 05:59:20 PM »

I am new here, well not really new, I have been reading this forum for a while and finds it quite interesting.

I wanted to introduce myself because I plan to start making posting so I thought better introduce myself first.

I hope I am welcome (just kidding, I know I am.)

mongoose

Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:48:48 PM »

I hope I am welcome (just kidding, I know I am.)

Welcome anyway.... ;)

mongoose

orion77

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 07:04:41 PM »

Welcome Prosizz,

Good you decided to start posting.  Look forward to your fellowship.

God bless,

Gary

brothertoall

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 08:59:33 AM »

Welcome to the forum my friend. I am glad you are going to start posting. I hope all those that have been veiwing for some time will also consider posting. This section of the forum is a great place to start and share your testimony.

Love to you,

bobby

gmik

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 01:50:15 PM »

Welcome Prosizz.

I read the forum for a few months before posting, too.  Don't be shy.  We are not cliquey, the more the merrier.

God Bless You,
gena

Prosizz

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 03:17:23 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcoming words.

I will start posting once Ifind a subject i can make a contribution to.

Again thank you all.

Sorin

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 05:14:31 PM »

Welcome Prosizz. Glad you've decided to start posting. Wonder what your first post will be.  ;)

Sorin

iris

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 09:44:05 PM »

Welcome Prosizz

I too read the forum for a while and just recently started posting.

Welcome to the forum

Love to All

Iris

joyful1

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 12:25:30 PM »

Welcome, Prosizz! What interests you the most in the LOF series? :) Joyce

Prosizz

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 05:27:19 PM »

Joyce, The beast within was my greatest interest and chock but I have to admit that I was quick to accept that I was the beast. The second favorite was my discovery that Hell is not a place for eternal punishment. I think it was easier for me to understand because I speak 4 different languages and have read the scriptures in my official language french. In that language the way sheol is translated helped me a lot in reconciling everything Ray was saying.

How about you?

Kat

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 10:02:50 PM »

Hi Prosizz,

Good to have you here.
If you believe what Ray teaches, this is where you need to be.
You will find the fellowship you need, and a lot of help with questions too.
Looking forward to your input.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

joyful1

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 11:54:52 AM »

Prosizz--
Very interesting! In your experience, do you think that many people of French descent think of hell as an eternal place of punishment or not?

For me?  I would have to say that the salvation of the entire "world" simply thrilled me---because when I was a child (and I think a lot of children think this way) I thought that this WAS indeed possible; that everyone would be saved in the end.

I remember "praying" for the devil to realize that he was "bad" and "ask" God to make him "good" and in my mind I would try to imagine how nice it would be if the devil would just stop being "bad" one day! :) Now I am very "relieved" to understand the beast within and to see that indeed, I will not forever be in this state that I am in right now...that the ernest has already been paid....I look forward to a NEW heaven and a NEW earth! :)
Joyce

Prosizz

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 12:35:31 PM »

Hi Joyfull1,

Good question. Actually the word used in the new testament for Hell in french is ENFER which is from latin ENFERNUS meaning " from beneath" but just like hell in english  (I am thinking the french translation is either from Latin bible or english bible), the same error were made in french with some passages in the NT interchanging ENFER with Gehenne(Gehanna) and Hades.

The only difference is Sheol in the Old Testament that was not really translated Enfer (Hell). Yet Sheol in some french translations refers to the Waiting place of the death (Both good and bad). Because of this reference, I had wondered for a long time why the OT did not talk of Hell or hades. Ray has illuminated me in that regard.

My only regret is that  Ray's materials are not available to the multitude of french beleivers in cyberworld.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 11:44:49 PM »

Prosizz,

Just want to say welcome and I look forward to fellowshipping with you.

Joe 

joyful1

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

Very interesting, Prosizz--since all is of God--maybe someone like yourself will come along and be able to translate Ray's material for French speaking individuals--who knows?  So many unbelievable things are happening in the days that we live in--but remember that "it was in the fullness of time" that Christ came...sometimes we want to do something that seems right to us...but the timing is not right and only God can know the right time..."His ways are higher" than our ways....sometimes I don't understand WHY-- I just trust--do you know what I mean?

I think I recall a segment of Ray's material addressing the fact that when he began the web site, he didn't feel that it was yet time (if ever) to share this message with the entire world?? I'll have to ask the others here to help me out on this one and get back with you to verify where that information is...
looking forward to reading your posts....joyce
:)

Prosizz

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 03:27:28 PM »

Joyfull1,
It is interesting that you said that. I have been wondering that myself especially if you know my backgroud you'll understand why I was wondering that. Pershaps that will be just what God wants me do. Only time will tell.

I have been interested for quite sometime to take a degree or a certificate program in translation since I moved from Ivory Coast to Canada. The desire arose in me almost 10 years ago. Infact I have once applied to the program but desisted because of family responsibilities. I am not sure if I need that to do the work but I think God's Spirit in me will suffice.

Though I beleive everything Ray has revealed on his site, recently I has listening to the audio files posted on this website especially the audio files of the conference in Mobile. I got to tell you, I am not just a believer of the truths he has revealed but a beleiver that Ray is indeed a Disciple of Jesus. Some of the thing he said while teaching sat well with my spirit. So I am seriously wondering if God will want me to translate his work or He wants tol make me a Disciple of Jesus in order that I will testify with my writings in French, what a disciple should be. Well, I hope you understand what I mean.

A bit about me: I am a young man ( well not that young, late thirties) born and raised in Africa a french speaking country that is. I will spare you details of how I end up in Canada but in a nutshell, I went to a School of Missions in Nigeria, trained to be a missionary, finished and served in Ivory Coast as a Missionary. While a missionary I read a lot of christians books, through my reading, I have come to doubt a lot the christian establishment to the point that for a couple of years, I did not attend any church. I could not reconcile myself with the teaching, the behaviour and above all I thought the church is not functioning as God has intended it to function. After I left the mission field, I went on a search of the perfect church, to my atmost disappointment I could not find a single one. It became clear to me that the church is administered by men and as long as men administer it, nothing of perfection can be seen in it. Anyway, few years later I decided to return to church, and I have been faithfully going though I promised myself that I will not be completely involved as I was when in mission (teaching, preaching...) and that I will not become a member of any church. These drama went on until there was a scare that I was going to die. The fear of death made me question my salvation, (you know how you are supposed to know beyond an iota of a doubt that once you are saved you will go to heaven when you die) I was not sure if I was going to go to heaven or to hell. But for some strange reason, I felt I will be fine. So when my doctor announced that the whole thing was a false alarm, I decided to research a bit more about what really the scripture is saying about Hell and Heaven. That's how I came upon Ray's site.

Again, only time will tell if God is calling me to translate Ray's materials into French. We shall see.
As for my testimony, it will rather take pages and pages to post here but I can assure you that my journey up to this point was phenomenal. Day after day I give thanks to God because everything in my life have been pointing to the day I will discover Ray's materials. Now where to go from here, I am not sure but I know that the Truths  and especially the art with which Ray exposes them must be make available to the thousands of beleivers who do not read, speak or understand english.

By for now.

gmik

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 05:35:39 PM »

OMG ;D  HOW EXCITING!!!  The world is not going to believe this message, but you can bet there are many french speaking people who are of the chosen and just don't know it yet.  Will be praying for God's will for you!!

Love,
gena

joyful1

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 08:29:59 PM »

This is all very interesting...you must keep us posted as to direction in which God leads you!
I have longed to learn Russian, myself....all of my life....I don't know why....it has just stuck with me all these long years...I'm an American. When I married a crazy Canadian  ;D  I moved to Canada! And in our province there are about as many French speaking citizens as there are English speaking. It is greatly encouraged that the children attend French Immersion school here, although mine were home schooled....I have tried to learn French but have failed miserably.  I think in part, because God naturally put in me to "desire" to learn Russian.  Does that make any sense to you?

Prosizz...what is the meaning of your screen name? What other things especially stood out to you in Ray's writing?

joyce

Prosizz

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

Prosizz, is short for Prosper my first name and Isaac my middle Name.

So you leave in Canada as well. Interesting. My children do not speak french either and my wife blames me for that. We also homeschooled our children untill January this year. Even though my children go to public school the are not in french immersion either. It was a deliberate choice because the only french immersion church in our city has a bad reputation.

Ray's writings in general is compelling in all aspect yet it was something he said in the paper "Winning souls for Jesus that "stood out for me.

LIGHT AND SALT DON’T ARGUE OR MAKE NOISE

"Ye are the salt of the earth… Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid… Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matt. 5:1,14,16).

Salt does not make any noise, and light does not argue Scriptures. Neither salt nor light makes any sound whatsoever. Maybe there is a lesson in there.

Too many people learn a few truths of God and think that they are ready to take on the world. They usually start by trying to embarrass their Pastor with their new-gained knowledge. Usually they fall flat on their face on the very first try. It’s all about motivation. If your motivation is carnal, God will not back you. Yes, I know, all of you are saying: "But my motivation is to show them God’s truths." Yes, sure, I understand, but THEY DON’T WANT TO HEAR GOD’S TRUTHS, and you already know this, so what is your point? Leave them alone and let them taste your salt and see your light and admire your good works, and perchance they will even praise God for your new-found humility,

You will never argue anyone into accepting the truths of God’s Word. As salesmen are often taught: "You might win the argument, but loose the sale," so don’t argue. And this: "He who is persuaded against his will; is of the same opinion still."

I receive a lot of emails from people who beg me to come to their rescue because they are about to have a second session with their pastor or friend, but have failed miserably on the first go-round. Now they want me to give them the ammunition they need to do a slam-dunk on their second attempt to embarrass their pastor or friend. Give it up—that attitude is wrong. Such a carnal exhibition of prideful flesh is akin to someone looking for a street fight merely because he has just acquired a black belt in karate.

HOW TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH

I personally know a man who has his little wife working two jobs to support their family so that he can study the Scriptures and enter into doctrinal debates with other Christians at the local Caf頡s a perpetual hobby. Notice the admonition of the Apostle Peter:

"Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; having your conversation [Gk: ‘conduct’] honest [Gk: ‘honorable’] among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may BY YOUR GOOD WORKS, [Not your clever Bible arguments], which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation" (I Pet. 2:11-12).

Your good works and righteous character will pay dividends to others eventually—if not in this life, then in the Judgment. 

That's what sold me on Ray. It was clear to me  then that this man's agenda is to teach nothing but the truth and live it as an example.

In my walk in the Christian world, I have seen people who have lots to say, many compelling things yet in practice, they lack a lot.

joyful1

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 10:40:44 AM »

Very interesting...and a great reminder to us all! I am surrounded by people that want me to "start doing more to get people saved!" ???

Very frustrating indeed!

At any rate...it great to meet you, Prosizz, and I look forward to seeing your posts in the forum.
God bless! :)
Joyce
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.