bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waiting for two days.  (Read 4457 times)

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Waiting for two days.
« on: October 21, 2006, 01:31:09 AM »

I was just lying on my couch thinking and this story came to my mind.  I remember having read it before having come to Ray's site.  Now, it's the same verses it just takes on a different meaning now. 

Jhn 11:1   And there was a certain one ailing, Lazarus, from Bethany, of the village of Mary and Martha her sister -- 
Jhn 11:2   and it was Mary who did anoint the Lord with ointment, and did wipe his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was ailing -- 
Jhn 11:3   therefore sent the sisters unto him, saying, `Sir, lo, he whom thou dost love is ailing;' 
Jhn 11:4   and Jesus having heard, said, `This ailment is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it.' 
Jhn 11:5  Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.
Jhn 11:6  When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was.

The Lord Jesus hears that Lazrarus is sick. So, because He loved them He answers their prayer right away and goes to heal Lazarus.  Nope, that's not what the verse says.  But, "rather because He loves them" He waits two days!  How often does that seem to happen?  The Lord shows up and heals us after days or years of troubles and we find ourselves saying as does Mary later in verse 32: "Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died."  Our timing is not His timing, but He makes things right and it's perfect.  I hope this helps somebody today.

aktikt - Josh
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

brothertoall

Re: Waiting for two days.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 10:24:37 AM »

Hi Josh,

What a wonderful way to look at that and the truth in your words. It is true with me at what a mess I can make of my life but God works all things for our benifit and good.

Thank you for sharing that Josh.

Love to you my brother,

bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 11:02:18 AM »

Hi there

This is from Praying by God's Rules by Ray....

"Did Jesus pray earnestly "let this cup pass"?....YES....Did God grant Jesus His desire...NO   Did Jesus get His prayers answered? YES.

If you always pray, "not as I will, but as THOU will" all of your prayers will be answered too.  Whether you always get what you desire or you don't get what you desire. If your greatest desire of all desires is for "THY WILL be done" then you can rest assured that from this day forward, ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS WILL BE ANSWERED ALWAYS. "

These insights leads to lots of rest assuredness ;D for me....now to remember it and practice it :D

Arcturus :) in training!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 11:04:42 AM by Arcturus »

buddyjc

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 11:16:51 AM »

Hi Josh,

Very well put.  God's timing is always the right timing that's for sure. 

Heb 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The phrase 'to help in time of need' in this verse is translated from  three Gr. words.  These words means 'well timed aid.'  God's timing is the best timing, but I sometimes get impatient.  I find myself at times saying, 'Any time now God.'  Thank you for reminding me of this.

Be Blessed Brother,
Brian

orion77

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 10:50:47 PM »

Hello Josh,

Good post brother, so true, so true.  How many times have we read of the patience of God through the bible.  This is a good example of how He teaches us patience.  It is one of His good character traits, thank goodness.

Glad you brought that up, learned something today.

God bless,

Gary

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 07:04:59 PM »

Thank you Gary, Brian, Arcturus, and Bobby for your replies.  It's nice to see a sense of community and a place of welcome on this forum.  The world can be so cold (physically too, I'm in Pennsylvania in October) it's nice to have Bible truths as a warm blanket to come to.

Josh   
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

YellowStone

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 07:53:27 PM »

Hey Josh,

What a great reminder. Thanks so much for bringing the message to light, because it would be incorrect to think that "we" have any precedence to God's will. Which would not be so unlike many Christians, who like to mention that "your standing with God cannot be very good because your prayers were not answered!" I've heard that one a time or two as well.

Here's some words of Paul that witness your post.

Rom 5:3,4
  • And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; Rom 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

A very good point to remember.

Thanks,

Darren

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 09:55:05 PM »

Great thoughts here,

Thank you for getting this thread started Josh and to all who contributed.

Patience is not something "the old man" in me was never known for, when it is displayed it truly is an attribute from above and gift to be prayed for.

Col 1:11  Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2Ti 3:10  But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

I believe patience is a milestone in our journey with Christ, as His Spirit increases and we decrease. When we can joyfully appreciate the lessons involved in obtaining this wonderful gift from Him and how He blesses others through us when we display patience and all the other gifts of His Spirit.

2Pe 1:3  According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

2Pe 1:4  Whereby, are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

2Pe 1:5  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

2Pe 1:6  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

2Pe 1:7  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

2Pe 1:8  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I have been away from the Forum for a couple days and it is great to come back and read some truly inspiring topics and posts.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.