bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is god's purpose for creating each of us?  (Read 6929 times)

Lacey23

What is god's purpose for creating each of us?
« on: October 22, 2006, 01:24:37 AM »

Hi all,

I have something to ask you guys… do you ever wonder why God created you, do you sometimes feel like you’re going to fail anyway, not going to make it, you know win the race, that it makes you wonder how God can use you in this life time.  In my case, I am trying to see why God created me; and how he can use me for whatever purpose he has for me. To myself, to my own carnal mind- I’m frustrated with a lot of things. I see this, as something as a life wasted, I mean- I don’t’ know what I can offer, I can’t cook, which I would love to be able to, you know have it as one of something that I love doing, but it’s not something that comes naturally to me yet.  I can’t even sew on a button either, no one taught me how, and my side of family is kind of broken up. I try to keep up with the communication with them, but it just keeps on going backwards, I mean they don’t act interested in keeping up with conversations with me anymore. I don’t know why it came to that. Not just that, I’m also just frustrated that I don’t know what kind of gift God has given me yet.  I have nothing to share except for my love and generosity. I just wanted to be able to give more to  my family,etc but I’m frustrated that I can’t yet. I’m currently in college, studying to become a radiographer. I am just scared that I wouldn’t make it, you know graduate and actually get a degree. I am just grateful that God has given me a wonderful husband that loves me for who I am. He just married me because he loved me, not because of what I had; I had no college degree, no money to offer, etc.  I can’t even cook, etc. He just loved me anyway. I’m grateful for a husband like that. I thank the Lord for him. I just want to able to help contribute to the family and show God that I did put my life to a good use.  There are a lot of thoughts running thru my mind right now. I’m trying to see why God created me, for what? My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the last three years and God has held back the baby plans for a reason, I’m trusting God that He knows what’s best for me.

I just want to know what God’s purpose for me is, so that I can put it to a good use,
 I am just frustrated that I do not know what it is yet. How would I know what gifts God has given me, what purpose he has created me to do?

Lacey

« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:27:53 AM by Lacey23 »

gmik

Re: What is god's purpose for creating each of us?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 01:39:35 AM »

Honey, just relax.  Sounds like He has given you a big gift. WANTING to please Him.  Not eveyone has that.  He has gifted you with your husband.  Sounds like the Lord knows who you are and has a BIG interest in you.  Why has He created you.  Cause like any of us, at the consummation He will have us in His family.

Back in the church days, I never knew what gift I had.  I am a schoolteacher, but I hated teaching Sunday School. Didn't want to teach an adult class.  Didn't want to knock on doors or go to prisons or old folks homes. Couldn't sing or cook.I used to feel bad until I found out I am exactly who the Lord wants me to be.  He made me just this way.

Right now in your life you are in college.  Do that to the best of your ability giving Him all the credit and glory. Be the best wife you can be. Enjoy this time in your life.  Love God.  Trust Him. Pray only for His Will in your life. Don't worry about the other stuff, God will bring it in line when He wants it cuz It will be the Best for you.  Learn all you can on Ray's site.

I just happened on your post right after you posted it.  I know you will get posters with lots of scripture for you to study and that will help you probably more than I can.

I will be praying for you,
feel hopeful.  God, God of the Universe, Loves YOU!!  and we all do too! :-*

gena

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2006, 08:09:09 AM »

Hi Lacey

I am quoting Ray here in his responce to an e-mail he recieved from Liz

Ray writes...."The answers to your questions are directly related to the reason for the whole creation. Why did God create ANYTHING? THE EARTH? THE HEAVENS? US? ANGELS? ANIMALS?

God has always existed - He is ETERNAL. He is SPIRIT. He is LOVE. he is LONELY. GOD WANTS SONS AND DAUGHTERS.

Since God is good and God is love, He naturally wants His sons and daughters to be good and love also.

Goodness, righteousness, virtue,character, and love AND INANIMATE things cannot be created as a rock, or water, or a star, etc By the very nature of goodness, virtue, etc, it requires TIME AND CIRCUMSTANCE to devgelope (or create if you will) thes virtuous traits of charactger and love.

Since any and every virtue that you can think of is the result of overcoming some form of evil, EVIL, therefore, becomes a very important ingredient in the development of virtue, character and love.

As God does not  DIRECTLY  try anyone, He had to create adversaries todo this "dirty work." And so, God created His OWN ADVERSARY, Satan, the devil. There are lesser adversaries in the form of demons.

God gives man the illusion of having "free" will, which exalts his pride and vanity and causes him to think he can operate independently from God. This then brings about SIN. SIN is so bad that it needs tobe atoned for. God sent His Son Jesus Christ to be this Atonement.

Only a few are presently called to understand ANY OF THESE THINGS.  The rest of humanity will be called at the great white throne judging.

There was NO evil present with God before Satan, for God UNDERSTANDS  all of the ramification of good and evil. When all enemies and powers are brought under Chrits's subjection, then evil, sin, and even death itself will be abolished.

Sin and evil are absolutely necessary in the development of human character, virtue, and love.

God be with you

Ray"..........end quote

Lacey...the above explaination really helped me to get past  many unknowns  and unanswered grey areas ......I might add that I need to constantly return to study  Rays Lake of Fire Series....Also I do not believe God made us to be human doings but human beings....Who God in HIS great love for us in in full control of....

1 Peter 5 : 10....And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, Who imparts all blessing and favor, Who has called you to His own eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you outhght to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.

Arcturs :)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 09:41:10 AM »

Hi Lacey,

Tell you what, I'm pretty sure that God didn't create you just to cook or sew buttons. That may be part of our lives, but they are not the scope of our existence. I too cannot sew a button, and I have a very limited repertoire when it comes to cooking. You say that you want to love and provide for your family. This is in itself the best starting point you can have! I'll tell you from experience, there are a lot of people who don't have that attitude towards their families. If you worry about not being able to cook and sew buttons, make some time for teaching yourself how to do it. Buy some books on those subjects, or search on the Internet for help. You are studying radiography which to my knowledge is far more complex than any of those, am I right?

Consider these scriptures:

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? (Rom 9:20)

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20)

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Phi 4:13)

Don't worry about your shortcomings, especially not about such shortcomings as not being able to sew a button. It is much more important to take care of the relationships with God and people around you. It seems to me that you are wanting to do this, so keep on doing it!

Also, you will learn from God that there is a time for everything, even a time to sew! And this you (and I) will do, Lord willing!
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; (Ecc 3:7)

God bless you and keep you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 10:20:16 AM »

Lacy,

You'll do fine. I don't know what your time constraints are or your community support is like, but since you don't have a close family support and you obviously feel that you would like to be able to do more domestic type things, I have a suggestion. Find a local senior group and volunteer.  I bet you will make some good friends and find someone who would love to help you with the "skills" you lack.

I'll also venture to say you'll show alot of Christ working through and help these folks also.

Blessings
Craig

dcfreedom

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 02:08:02 PM »

I have nothing to share except for my love and generosity
romans 12:4-8  4) For even as, in one body, we have many members, yet all the members have not the same function,
5) thus we, who are many, are one body in Christ, yet individually members of one another.
6) Now, having graces excelling, in accord with the grace which is given to us, whether prophecy, exercise it in accord with the analogy of the faith;
7) or dispensing, in the dispensation; or the teacher, in teaching;
8) or the entreater, in entreaty; the sharer, with generosity; the presider, with diligence; the merciful one, with glee

hope this helps a little. when the time is right you will know it. you do not have to worry about it. right now it seems by what you said  God is building your desire to full strength. preparing your heart and your mind for the nexr period in your life. as always there is a time for everything.
                                       dave

Patrick

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 09:30:32 PM »

From the study notes of the Mobile 06' conference; God wants children in His very own image. This is God's plan. This is God's purpose. This is the reason for the creation of humanity. This is "the Will of the Father."

OT: "And creating is God humanity in His image" (Gen. 1:27)
NT: "For whom He [the Father] did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be [completion is yet future] conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethen" (Rom. 8:29)

You will find the conference audio here;
http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1831.0.html

The first recording was difficult to hear, so our dear sister Kat made a transcript which you can find here:
http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1948.0.html

ned

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 12:49:47 AM »

(CEV) Act 17:24-28  This God made the world and everything in it. He is Lord of heaven and earth, and he doesn't live in temples built by human hands. He doesn't need help from anyone. He gives life, breath, and everything else to all people.   From one person God made all nations who live on earth, and he decided when and where every nation would be.   God has done all this, so that we will look for him and reach out and find him. He isn't far from any of us,   and he gives us the power to live, to move, and to be who we are. "We are his children," just as some of your poets have said.

These are Paul's words to the men of Athens back in the day.

God's purpose for creating us is for His glory. He wants us to seek Him out. And all will in His time.

Marie

brothertoall

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 08:56:11 AM »

Lacey,

You are not alone in your thoughts. I have wondered this many times myself. it is those little things we do or the situations that God puts us in that reveal just what His purpose for us being here is.

I have come to find out that that just because we are not doing these great things in our walk with Him does not mean they are not big things.

Sometimes we take the little things for granted. Being there for your husband or for a friend is not just a little thing with God.

I do not know if you ever saw the movie call "It's A Wonderful Life" but this is a story of a man who is just about at his wits end. he wishes he would have never been born and his wish is made to come true. Every single person that was involved in this mans life was effected because he was not there to give kindness and love.

You may not think there is much purpose for you being here or asking why, but it makes a big difference whith God. It is those little things Lacey that mean big things when God is in control of our lives and just reading your post was a big thing for me!!

Love to you my sister,

bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 05:09:55 PM »

Hi Lacey......

Who’s Who?
Seek and you shall find
Is not what I had in mind
But seek yes you must
Or courage turns to dust
And soul falls to lust

And this you must know
Upon this road nought does grow
Unless you take the time to sow
And trouble take to help things grow.

For poverty can strip you down
While all the time you think you wear a crown
But these the jewels are of a clown

So to the truth don’t wear a frown
And do not fear that you shall drown
But carry on and swim the tide
Until upon the surf you shall ride

And spangled then the air becomes
And tingling sounds do resound
   -and nothing more.

You’ll know the score
That you were born upon a tide
And on this tide all does reside.
If you try to gamble there
You will find nothing else but despair

But if you look up through the surf
You’ll find  a treasure of great worth
For made you were to ride the surf
And to this ride you found your birth

And looking around for another way
You will not find the light of day
And in all this I try to say
Live it all in every way
Until your Maker comes to say-

‘You were born upon a tide
    and into the surf you did ride
    and I did watch you and did see
   that I did make you the image of Me
   and this the image I did cast
   and neither did it stoop to make it last
   and neither did it seek to fast
   or cast a graven iron cast
   and neither did it stoop to images of man
   and neither did it worship desert sand
   but it was made that it should be.”

This image You and image Me
Creator of ALL not image HE. 
  :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:19:24 PM by Arcturus »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 10:22:25 PM »

Lacy,

You'll do fine. I don't know what your time constraints are or your community support is like, but since you don't have a close family support and you obviously feel that you would like to be able to do more domestic type things, I have a suggestion. Find a local senior group and volunteer.  I bet you will make some good friends and find someone who would love to help you with the "skills" you lack.

I'll also venture to say you'll show alot of Christ working through and help these folks also.

Blessings
Craig

Much good advice here from everybody, Craig you gave basically the same answer I had in mind when I was first reading Lacey's original post.

I am quite sure there is an elderly person near you somewhere that would love nothing more than mentoring you in some of the skills you desire to obtain, maybe even a widow in your neighborhood or a person whose own daughter never showed an interest in these things. This could truly be an incredible blessing for you both, in so many ways.

His Peace to you Lacey,

Joe

Sorin

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 10:37:10 PM »

Very good responses by everyone. But I personally believe God does not have a 'purpose' for everybody. I mean look at the aborted babies, or infants that die, or those who are born retarded, or those who are born stuck to their twin. I mean with all due respect and not trying to 'make fun' of those poor people, for I do not think that sort of thing is 'funny' whatsoever. It's in fact rather sad. I just can't see what purpose God has for them, and to some extent, even for me.

I mean, yeah, I see "The Truth", and have all this knowledge but I still don't have what I want. And while I may have knowledge, I still lack faith. So what good is knowledge without faith?

I really don't mean to 'offend' anyone by this, but am rather seeking real answers to real problems, sort of speak. I don't want a 'sugar-coated' response eighter. Nor your sympathies. I hate those. . It's what Christianity does, pretends to be all nice and everything.

Hope this doesn't offend,
Sorin

Oh, by the way, Arcturus, nice poem.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 10:40:40 PM by Sorin »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 11:23:26 PM »

Rom 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Rom 11:34  For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counselor?

Rom 11:35  Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?

Rom 11:36  For of him, and through him and to him, are all things: to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Sorin,

I believe we will be learning about the mind of God, His plan, His purpose and ways through this age, the ages and for all of the days after we receive our incorruptable, immortal bodies. In other words, it is the faith in Him which we need to excercise now until He grants understanding, pray for faith.

It is a presumptuous thing to say God has no plan only because we don't see it or understand it yet.

Pray for the faith and humble spirit that opens the door to understanding.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Sorin

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 12:13:20 AM »

Joe,

As usual you make a valid point. Something to think about I suppose.

Take care,
Sorin

orion77

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 12:55:23 AM »

Hello Sorin,

I can understand your thoughts and am not offended by them.  They are very real questions.  It's okay to ask these things, for this will begin to open your understanding.  

We all have been deceived into thinking this is our life.  Truth is, we have a life, but it is not our own.  There is not a single one of us, who are here of our own doing.  Common sense says there must be a reason and the relligion of the world to me is a four letter word.  

I can not tell you what you are wanting to know, only God can.  But, from experience I can tell you to find a place where you are alone, just you and God.  Ask those same questions with a true heart, we cannot tempt the One who made us, and He will hear you.  

God desires and deserves, for all of us to reach a point where we 'wonder just what the heck is going on'.  I am surrounded by injustice, horrific tragedies, sufferings, not to mention lies, hypocrisy and corruption.  What's the point, what's the purpose?  Help me, I want to know!!

Believe me, all the sufferings, injustices and pain we see and endure are nothing compared to what He has in store for those who love Him.  I hope this does not come across as a religious person attempting to convert you.  That is not my intention, only His Spirit can do that.  

Truth is coming to this belief has brought on much persecution and hatred from so-called religious people.  When I was young in the Lord, it hurt, and could not understand why, but from a prayer many years ago, He witnessed Himself to my spirit, and that joy and peace is unconquerable and will not be denied.

You must worship Him in Spirit and truth, with a broken heart and a humble spirit, with all sincerity.  I will not lead you astray, when you go to the Lord in that manner, He will hear your prayer.  Then be ready, in this world you will be persecuted for this belief.  

The life we are living right now is a spiritual journey, it's just that many of us are still asleep and have not let go of our carnal desires.  The day of the Lord is comprised of 24 hours, 12 in the darkness and 12 in the light.  Step out of the darkness and into the Light, my brother.

God bless,

Gary

eggi

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 07:10:24 AM »

Hi Sorin,

I understand your question, but I disagree with you when you say that God doesn't have a purpose for aborted babies and siamese twins. If they didn't have a purpose, then why did God Almighty create them? Were they just an unfortunate accident?

Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me;
declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done; saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure;
calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country; yea, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed, I will also do it. (Isa 46:9-11 ASV)

To me this verse includes everything in God's creation, even aborted babies and people with physical disabilities.

There is a good purpose to everything:

For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboreth?
I have seen the travail which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised therewith.
He hath made everything beautiful in its time: also he hath set eternity in their heart, yet so that man cannot find out the work that God hath done from the beginning even to the end. (Ecc 3:1-11 ASV)

It's hard to grasp that there is a purpose to all the evil and suffering. This is all here to humble us.

And as he passed by, he saw a man blind from his birth.
And his disciples asked him, saying, Rabbi, who sinned, this man, or his parents, that he should be born blind?
Jesus answered, Neither did this man sin, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. (Joh 9:1-3)

Isn't this also speaking about aborted babies? Will not the works of God be made manifest in them?
I hope this wasn't sugarcoated. I completely understand what you are saying when you refer to explanations given by the Church. I once heard a sermon saying that aborted babies were all going to hell, for their parents sins. Talk about heresy...

Unlike God, they don't know the beginning AND the end!

But when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
O death, where is thy victory? O death, where is thy sting?
The sting of death is sin; and the power of sin is the law:
but thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. (1Co 15:54-57 ASV)

God bless you and keep you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 06:17:35 PM »

Hi Sorin

I enjoy how you think Eggi....to add.....

I have always felt cautioned by these words

....1 Cor 13 : 12 " For now we ( Who?....) are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim, blurred reflection of reality as in a riddle or enigma, (there is nothing wrong with you Sorin for spotting this enigma) but then when perfection comes ( STILL AHEAD!) we shall see in reality and face to face!  Now I KNOW IN PART, IMPERFECTLY but THEN (WHEN?....THEN!)...I shall know and understand fully and clearly even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood by GOD ( NOT MAN....BY GOD!)

I believe Paul also counted himself in the following. ( Was Paul contradicting himself?  To the carnal mind a contradiction is evident because it is the Spirit of God who knows and reveals the things of God not the carnal mind of reason, logic or proof. We see in part..(Why would that be do you think? Is it because we are yet still carnal?...Any thoughts here as Eggi would put it 8))......some see the bigger picture as certainly is evidenced by Ray who expounds, teaches, preaches and brings us a special message!  Eph 4 :11.."...He Himself (CHRIST) appointed and gave men to us, some to be apostles (special messengers) some prophets (inspired preachers and expounders) some evangelists (preachers of the Gospel, traveling missionaries) some pastors (shepherds of His flock) and teachers.

1 Cor 2 :10..." Yet to us...(Who?)...God has unveiled and revealed them by and through His Spirit, for the Holy Sprit searches diligently, exploring and examining everything, even sounding the profound and bottomless things of God, the divine counsels and things hidden and beyond man's scrutiny"

I see your open honesty with what you are experiencing in not knowing yet Sorin. It is painful to want to know and to know you don't. Take that as God working on you to perform HIS WILL....That is why I think you are here Sorin. To learn, just like all of us... Even Paul wrote....

2 Cor 3:18..." And ALL OF US, as with unveiled face, because we continued to behold in the Word of God as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are constantly being transfigured into HIS (not our own) very own image and in every increasing spleandor and from one degree (painfully one degree at a time!....No quantam leaps here!.....3 Years in Damascus!)...of glory (His glory) to another; for this comes from the Lord Who is the Spirit...."

Glad you enjoyed my Poem...I wrote that one in 1983....!

I really enjoyed Kennymac's poem on the Poem Thred....it relates to this Topic. 8)

Also in Ray's e-mail responces today addressing Marc....Ray writes the following that says what I can not say and shows what I am still learning.....Just enough thought given to the following is enough to make me feel like gob-smaked Job did.....! :D

" .......Jesus knows those who are His. We don't. We hope. We believe....He has not told any of us for an absolute certainty that we will not fall or fail. There are those whom God will predestine to start out doing His will but who will be presestined before the end of their lives to fail. That is why God has given us such Scriptures as  Heb 10:26-29   and   1 Cor 9 : 27....."

As you reflect upon and ponder the teachings on this site Sorin....may you with increasing, degree by degree... reverential awe of God, continue to realise HIS Greatness and as the scripture says...May you continue to behold in the word of God the Glory of the Lord....

Arcturus  :)....in training....knowing in part....imperfectly.....in thanks and gratitude to God :)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 06:22:59 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.