bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Will - NOT  (Read 6123 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Free Will - NOT
« on: October 22, 2006, 10:29:21 AM »

Ray, with all due respect you are completely wrong in your interpretation of the doctrine of freewill. You quoted the bible, “‘Father if it be YOUR will let this cup pass from Me. nevertheless, not MY will but YOURS be done.’ Two separate wills from one Being??? (Matt. 26:39).” The point of Christendom is to align one’s will with the fathers, becoming as one. Christ perfected this when accepted the role he was to play in the redemption of the world. Christ’s will became the fathers.

Secondly, the trinity, as I’m sure you’ve heard, is three persons united by a single divine nature. The will is a direct result of that nature and is therefore, singular. God is one being with a triune nature.

I know you are probably swamped with emails but I would really like the opportunity to discuss this with you further. i am joining the group as well, although only in an effort to help some misguided people.

Dear Reader:

So Christ "perfected" His will by "aligning it with the Father's," is that correct? Or as you state, "Christ's will became the Father's."

Oh really?  And just HOW, pray tell did Jesus do this?  On His Own?  By His Own "free will" He aligned His will to that of the Father's?  Listen and learn.  Here is what Jesus said concerning His ability to "align" or "perfect" HIS WILL:  "Verily, verily, [truly, truly--what Jesus is about to say is the TRUTH, but who will believe it?] I say unto you, THE SON CAN DO

N-O-T-H-I-NG OF HIMSELF...." (John 5:19).

When things are important and "verily, verily" true, God repeats them. Here is a second witness to this truth:  "I CAN OF MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING...."  (John 5:3).

What can Jesus do of His Own Self (free will)?  NOTHING.

Can He "align" His will to that of the Father?  NOTHING

Can He change His will to to Father's will?  "I CAN DO N-O-T-H-I-N-G"!

Do Christians believe these verses? Of course not. Do YOU believe them?

Were the words that Jesus spoke His Own "free will" words?  "Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak unto you I SPEAK NOT OF MYSLEF; BUT THE FATHER THAT DWELLS IN ME, HE DOES THE WORKS"  (John 14:10).

Do Christians believe these words spoken by the FAther through our Lord? No, of course not. Do YOU believe them?  And as for your statement: "Christ’s will became the fathers," that is totally bogus.  Christ's will assuredly did not "become the Father's," but rather "the Father's will became Christ's will."  Besides, "NOT My will but THINE" WAS THE WILL OF JESUS!!

And are we better than our own Lord?  "For it is GOD... [who? GOD! our own free will? NO, GOD]...for it is GOD which workes in you BOTH TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure (Phil. 2:13). Do Christians believe this verse of Scripture?  No, of course not. Do YOU believe this Scripture?

As for the "trinity." God is not composed of "three persons."  Jesus was conceived by THE HOLY SPIRIT, but Jesus is THE SON OF THE FATHER (II John 1:3).  Jesus is NOT the "son of the Holy Spirit," now is He?  But do you belive II John 1:3?  This is just one of dozens of Scriptures that prove that the "Holy Spirit OF GOD" is not the "Holy Spirit GOD."  There is no such phrase as "the holy spirit God" in Scripture. The Holy Spirit is GOD'S SPIRIT!!  Hope I am not going too fast for you.

God be with you,

Ray

PS   I have 120 pages of Scriptures proving that man has no "free" will. Perhaps you should read it and BELIEVE THE SCRIPTURES.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.