bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 6038 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Questions
« on: October 22, 2006, 10:45:24 AM »

Dear Caroline:
I will briefly answer your questions with a few COMMENTS..............

Dear Ray,

Thanks for your informative and thought provoking website. I have been on a bit of a quest to discover bible truths as a lot of what I have been taught in regard to the doctrine of hell and eternal punishment has left me feeling troubled and confused. I often wondered why so many verses stated that all would be saved but then other verses would speak of eternal punishment. Your articles have helped answer many of my questions. I sometimes feel like I am the only one who is so troubled by the mainstream view of hell. If it were really true that an eternal hell was the destination for the majority (including loved ones), I think I would rather that I was never born. I am not sure how so many Christians just accept that doctrine without question. I am glad there are people like you out there really searching for bible truths. It is just a shame that so many "Christians" find it necessary to email bash you. Whatever happened to Christians show ing peace, gentleness and humility to all men. (Titus 3:2). I think it is great that you answer them by following Christ's example and using Bible verses to counteract their arguments.

I have a couple of questions  I am hoping you may be able to help with:-

1. Am having trouble reconciling 1 John 4:8 "God is Love." with Malachi 1:2-3 "Yet Jacob I have loved; But Esau I have hated."
    How can God who is Love, then Hate?

COMMENT:  "Hate" can mean "to love less by comparison." God did not "hate" Esau as we use the word hate today. Actually God blessed Esau through Isaac, although Jacob received the greater blessing: "And Esau said unto his father, Have you but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also. O my father. And esau lifted up his voice, and wept.  And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, Behold, your dwelling shall be the FATNESS OF THE EARTH, AND OF THE DEW OF HEAVEN FROM ABOVE" (Gen. 27:38-39).

2. At the Church I attend they often speak of people becoming saved. I thought we were already saved 2000 years ago when Christ was crucified, it's just that the majority don't understand that yet. Isn't that the true news of the gospel?

COMMENT:  I am afraid that both you and your church are wrong. No one was "saved" (in the past tense) 2000 years ago, neither are they saved now in this life.  Salvation occurs for believers in the first resurrection to immortality. Read point #1 of Heresies in the Church near the end of my paper on "YOU FOOLS! YOUR HYPOCRITES! YOU SNAKES!" found on our home page.

3. If even our Faith is a gift from God why does it say in Philippians 2:12 "Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." Is our Faith which leads to salvation from ourselves or from God?

COMMENT: "ALL is of God" (II Cor. 5:18, Rom. 11:36, etc.).  Salvation is incorporated into the process of living.  We are made to live.  We have to live.  We HAVE to make decisions and choices in life:  it is forced upon us by the very nature of things.  But although we are made to live out our indiviedual experiences of life, behind it all is God.  We "work out our own salvation with fear and trembling," not because we have the ability to do so independent of God, but rather because of what we are told in the next verse:  "For [for means BECAUSE--here is the REASON we work out our own salvation]...For it is GOD which workies in you BOTH TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

God be with you,
    Ray

I appreciate you reading my email and hope you can respond. Thanks for helping shed  light on many issues. I have only been a Christian for 2 years  but how wish I could go back and read the Bible afresh with no preconceived ideas. My 8yr old daughter often grasps Bible truths better than I do as she just takes the words at face value!

Keep up the good work.

Blessings to you.

Caroline

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.