bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ears to hear.  (Read 4631 times)

Sorin

Ears to hear.
« on: October 22, 2006, 03:49:40 PM »

This is taken from the email section.

Ray,

After reading installment eight of your series on hell something has been really bothering me and I have to know. If I may summarise, you have proved from the scriptures that one needs spiritual ears to hear what the spirit said, especially as Jesus said "my words are spirit and they are truth". You have also shown to me that most Christians do not understand what Jesus says because we listen with carnal ears. Help me here, if you would. You have said it is only for a few to understand in each generation what God is really saying. I fear I do not have spiritual ears to hear although I really want them. Why do I think that? Because most of what you have said was completely hidden from me until I read it from you.

Is it possible that even though I have the Holy spirit as a result of belief, repentance, immersion and receiving of the holy spirit that I have not and maybe will never have these spiritual ears? That is a terribly distrressing thought? Is there something I can do about this? (personally, I doubt it but you seem to know the scriptures far better than I).

I would be happy for you to post this as an answer because I am sure I am not the only one thinking this.

Dear D:

Yes, I get questions similar to yours continually. I am a teacher. I show people the Scriptures and what they say. I cannot bring anyone to understanding, or repentance, or obedience to God. I cannot make you stop lusting or show you how to quit smoking.  Only God can give you the spiritual strength and understanding to do any of these things. Only God can open your mind and give you ears to hear what I teach. Sorry, but there is nothing I can do in these area. "No man CAN come to Me [Christ] unless the Father draw [drag] him" (John 6:44).  It must be of God. I tell people to "Pray and Obey" until God grants to you these other favors.  But then again, only God can give you the desire to pray and obey in the first place.

God be with you,

Ray

------------------------

So much for "free - will" huh? You can't even come to Him without something causing you to. So if something caused you to 'come to Him' how then did you all on your own just decide one day to 'come to Jesus'?  But no matter how much you try to explain it to them (Christians) they still think that they themselves made the decision to 'come to Jesus' all on their own. In other words you have to save yourself. sure Christ died on the cross for your sins but it's still up to you to "choose to be saved" shouts Christendom. Therefore, we have to save ourselves. Some "saviour" you got there shouts I.  It really buggles the mind how blind we are until God opens our (spiritual) eyes and ears. I was taught from childhood that it's all up to me to make that decision all on my own. I can freely choose to accept or reject Christ. Now I know that, that's just not true. God drags you to Him, God makes you see the error of your ways, that's why you repent. You realize what a miserable sinner you are and that's why you pray, and ask for forgiveness, not when you boast about being saved 'cause you were clever enough to decide (on your own) you want to be saved and avoid "going to hell".

Seeker of Truth,
Sorin
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 03:51:55 PM by Sorin »

YellowStone

Re: Ears to hear.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 08:27:16 PM »

Sorin,

Your post was wonderful :)

I really like this:

Sorin wrote:

In other words you have to save yourself. sure Christ died on the cross for your sins but it's still up to you to "choose to be saved" shouts Christendom. Therefore, we have to save ourselves. Some "saviour" you got there shouts I.

That say's it all! :)  Either Jesus died and saved our sins or not. Christ himself made it very clear who the "our" is:

Jhn 12:47
  • And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

I don't see any one not being saved here :)

Great post Sorin,

God be with you,

Darren

brothertoall

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 09:00:06 AM »

Sorin that was great and God had to show me and still does that I can do nothing without Him!

bobby

orion77

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 02:42:18 PM »

I hear you Sorin,

The majority of mankind wants to feel as if they have control over their own destiny, which they cannot see that does away with the soverignity of God.  Yet, they like to come back with 'He will not and cannot interfere with mans freewill and freedom to chose'.  Lol, where is the scripture for that reasoning, I don't know.

Here are some words of Jesus, that were spoken to the Jews who was persecuting Him for healing a man of the sabbath:

(Joh 5:40 LITV)  And you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

(Joh 5:41 LITV)  I do not receive glory from men;

(Joh 5:42 LITV)  but I have known you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves.

(Joh 5:43 LITV)  I have come in the name of My Father, and you do not receive Me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive that one.

(Joh 5:44 LITV)  How are you able to believe, you who receive glory from one another, and the glory which is from the only God you do not seek?

God bless,

Gary

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 07:01:26 PM »

hi Gary

...a most important sobering admonition....."..you who recieve glory from one another........

This is SUCH a valid caution against the sweet smelling anesthetic of human approval that seeks to dupe to sleep the followers of Christ...It is in the air everywhere.....

Luke 21:36...KEEP AWAKE then and WATCH at all times....

OH LORD THANK YOU for keeping us/me... awake!....

THANK YOU LORD!        

Arcturus  :) ... in training
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 07:13:23 PM by Arcturus »

Nelson

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 06:43:20 AM »

Hi folks,

"so that if any one is in Christ-- he is a new creature; the old things did pass away, lo, become new have the all things. And the all things are of God, who reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and did give to us the ministration of the reconciliation, how that God was in Christ--a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation" (1 Cor 5:17-19)

"Giving thanks to the Father who did make us meet for the participation of the inheritance of the saints in the light, who did rescue us out of the authority of the darkness, and did translate us into the reign of the Son of His love, in whom we have the redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of the sins" (Col 1:12-14)
    [/list]

Apart from God how could anyone ever think they can put themselves IN CHRIST? It is only by being IN Christ that we inherit all that is His. When Christ died, I died. When Christ was raised, I was raised, for IN HIM we have everything that is His, we are heirs and sons just as he is.

It is ALL the work of God and it always has been from the beginning. But our weak flesh will always war with the spirit until God has completely broken our outer man, and the inner man of the spirit, which IS Christ, shall be manifest. This is the difference between being IN Christ, and Him being IN us. In either case, it is the work of God and any effort on our part to do His will cannot satisfy Him because there exists nothing good in me/us except for what God has placed there, Christ.

"Him it behoveth to increase, and me to become less" (Jo 3:30)[/list]

We are clay vessels in His mighty hands, may He continue to work in each of us until we are vessels of honour, perfected by our Father in heaven.

Love, grace and peace to you all

Nelson

PS. Hi Sorin, hope all is well with you
      « Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 06:43:58 AM by Nelson »

JJ

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 01:04:26 PM »

Good points.........  God has been teaching (chastening) me to really see that
      i can do NOTHING w/o Him and I can do lots of things that "i" am NOT capable of
      WITH Him working THROUGH me.......   ALL is of Christ........  what a peace to know this! 
      Now to get my carnal nature to REMEMBER this when things are going well for a
      short season!   God is so awesome!   More of Christ, less of me.

Nelson and Sorin!!!  So good to see your posts and know you are still with us!
      JJ
      Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.