bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Question From Jennie  (Read 16167 times)

Andrew

Question From Jennie
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 09:16:53 PM »

Eph 4:31  Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Col 3:8  But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

Rom 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

1Ti 2:8  I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Jam 1:19  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath
Jam 1:20  For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

I did a quick word study on e-sword, amazing all the scriptures that came up for a couple words. :)

May the Lord Bless You and Keep You

jennie

confusion
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 09:18:07 AM »

Bobby, don't worry about it. We all get angry from time to time. I am amazed yet again by the kindness and welcoming spirit of so many here. I hope you all have a great day !

shibboleth

Question From Jennie
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »

The reason I quoted Matthew 7 about wolves in sheeps clothing, is because so many think doctrine isn't important and not because of you, Jennie or Harryfeat.
Sometimes these threads start off on one subject and end up on a totally different subject. It has nothing to do with you, it's just how people are at times. I have seen it happen in so many discussions. One subject brings up thoughts about another and pretty soon we are off and running on a new subject.
Pople who have honest enquires about Ray and Mikes work are welcome here. It's peole who try to "stir the pot" and make us turn against each other that are not. We just had a big breakup 2 months ago and the board lost all it's messages. I think God just wanted us to start fresh. 8th day, new beginnings.
Jennie, you say that your church is not liked by the other churches. Could you please help me understand exactly what the other churches don't like about your church? I am really curious about this and don't really understand why you are so unliked.

chrissiela

Question From Jennie
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2006, 11:30:15 AM »

Harryfeat,

As I see it you said nothing wrong or disrespectful. All “Christians� (or those in what most refer to as “Christendom�) do believe man-made doctrines and not the truths of God. But not all “Christians� believe the SAME heresies, etc.

So to say that all Christians believe this or that (ie in hell, tithing, trinity) is a generalization and such generalizations have been made and they are not always true.

It was clear to me that you meant no disrespect. You didn’t even exclude yourself in the statement you made. You said:  â€śWe on this forum ….â€? That's hardly an "attack" on others.

I think some overreacted to your statement, having read more into it then what you actually said.

I’m glad to see that efforts are being made to correct the misunderstanding…  :D

I just wanted to say that I saw nothing disrespectful in your initial statement (even in its entirety).

I hope this doesn’t cause you to be reluctant to respond or express your own opinions in the future.

Blessings,
Chrissie

ertsky

Question From Jennie
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2006, 11:34:54 AM »

You have to understand that anything that even has a little incling of being of the babylon church is going to send up a red flag to most of us!!!

yes bobby, i'm thinking about this issue a lot lately, as it is fast becoming an issue for me.

i have a loved one that is being stopped from coming out, everytime they see the truth, a baylonian just talks to them till they get all confused and wander back in to the false doctrine.

i have another loved one that was attacked for defending UR. this resulted in seeing and seperating to the doctrine of Christ. (PRAISE GOD!)

i know God is working all this, and it should be good for my prayer life, but i am amazed how out of touch i had become with the "church sytem" babylon

it's been 10 years i guess since they chucked me out and so i rejoiced when recently God began to open my eyes, now i'm beginning to see just how much the beast and all Gods enemies without and within hates us,

these verses are not far away from me

Act 7:51  Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Act 7:52  Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
Act 7:53  Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
Act 7:54  When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.
Act 7:55  But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
Act 7:56  And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
Act 7:57  Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,
Act 7:58  And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
Act 7:59  And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Act 7:60  And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

i am fast realising these verses are not far away

but may the Lord deliver us as always from every pernicious word and work

babylon is no friend of mine

God have mercy on us all

and strengthen us greatly in the Word to turn the other cheek and love our enemies

by being faithful to God and loving not our lives unto death

again it seems i am pondering heavier themes

anyway Christ is my chief love and only God can do anything in good times or bad and bring me to the measure of the fulness

i just want to follow, i think it could get rough

i just want to stay under, to endure, to learn grow and serve, bless and obey

it's more than i can hope to achieve thank God

1Jo 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
1Jo 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

f

Harryfeat

Question From Jennie
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 12:57:31 PM »

Hello Chrissie,

Thanks for your post.  I am thankful that my point of view was understood by someone.  

My only objective was to respond to Jennie's question in a way that let her know that her church might be lumped into babylon rightly or wrongly even though not all her church's doctrines were known.  She is a kind and gentle soul and I now understand her reluctance to post her question on the open forum.

I have to admit that I was completely baffled by the attack in response I got and it made me feel like a "lamb in wolf's clothing" for a while.

I appreciate your concern and assure you that I do not feel reluctance to make future posts.  I pray only that tolerance, understanding and brotherly love be experienced by all in fellowship here.

feat

ertsky

Question From Jennie
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2006, 02:24:31 PM »

this is in no way intended as a slight in the flesh towards jennie or any others who may or may not still be outside the doctrine of Christ

but i just read these verses and thought they bore reference

Rev 18:21  And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Rev 18:22  And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
Rev 18:23  And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
Rev 18:24  And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5  For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6  Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7  How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8  Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

i am beginning to see i have not thanked God enough for opening my eyes to the doctrine of Christ !

f

jennie

confused
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2006, 03:23:45 PM »

Hi Shibboleth, I hope I got your name spelled right. To answer your question about why we are dis-liked... There are lots of reasons but here goes. My husband , who is a minister, doesn't look like one. He looks more like a biker! The Preacher's association or whatever it is called are the traditional expensive suit wearing preachers so he isn't welcomed. If I am going to be totally honest, he doesn't even want to be welcomed as that would make him have to fit in with them in appearance, money and so on. Our church doesn't teach tithing . People give as God leads them to and that may be giving to a stranger on the street, or someone you may know that has a need. We don't care what people look like , wear or how "financially able" they are. It has been said of us that if we would be more restrictive in who is allowed at our church we would have a greater impact for the Lord. I still am not sure what that really means. We have people from all different walks of life. Some of us used to over-indulge in alcohol, some have been on drugs, some people are from divorced situations and you could go on and on. Those are just some of the reasons. We pray too much, we sing too much, we let anybody com into our church, we help people find jobs, we accept people just as they are and we believe that is what is right. Jesus died for all didn't he? The funny thing is that most of the churches around here have lots of money sitting in banks and they send needy people to us to help! Not that we mind. It's just that it is hard to understand why they don't just go ahead and help them themselves. I know I am running on but as you can tell I am quite passionate about just serving God however and whenever I can. I even have family members that have nothing to do with us because of our stand. It is sad that it happens but I guess that is just life.

SandyFla

Re: confused
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2006, 03:31:50 PM »

Quote from: jennie
It has been said of us that if we would be more restrictive in who is allowed at our church we would have a greater impact for the Lord. I still am not sure what that really means. We have people from all different walks of life. Some of us used to over-indulge in alcohol, some have been on drugs, some people are from divorced situations and you could go on and on. Those are just some of the reasons. We pray too much, we sing too much, we let anybody com into our church, we help people find jobs, we accept people just as they are and we believe that is what is right. Jesus died for all didn't he?

How could being restrictive bring about a greater impact? Methinks those people are confused. Jesus wasn't restrictive in His ministry. He went to the same kinds of people who are in your church. I daresay that if Jesus were on earth today, His "congregation" would look more like yours than the ones down the street.

shibboleth

Question From Jennie
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2006, 04:13:34 PM »

Hi Jennie, my name is Debra, if you want to call me that. Or Deb or Shib, I don't care. Thank you for explaining why your church is so disliked. I just thought of a scripture in Rev.3:17 Because you say I am rich and have become wealthy and have need of nothing and you don't know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.
Usually the rich are poor and the poor are rich. We are rich in the truths of Gods word, and poor in material things. Tell your minister there are others who want to teach truth, and, unfortunately, you don't get rich on truth. Most people don't want to take that kind of medicine.
I really enjoy you Jennie.God bless.

Falconn003

Question From Jennie
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 05:00:19 PM »

bobbys43

I can most certainly relate to that , as i lost a brother to an over dose, and hated how every church goer went about their hell manure.

Well now the my FAITH is growing i see the errors they proclaimed.

And now just forgive them for their ignorance.  still we will cross paths with thelike and have to know our treasure is in the kingdom of God and no one can steal away nor destroy ever again.

Jennie

Peace and blessings be unto Jennie and your loved oones, may your head find rest and comfort on the shoulders of our savior Jesus the Christ and God our Father.

Rodger

jennie

confused
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 05:43:39 PM »

Thanks so much for sharing your stories. They break my heart but I think it serves as a reminder of the love and care our dear Saviour would have us show to others. I think that God, our Father is our minister and we are the hands, feet and hearts he uses.
I know for me and my household we will never be rich in the way the world sees riches but we are truly rich in God's eyes. It really wouldn't do us good to come up rich because we'd just give it away!

worm

Question From Jennie
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 04:35:27 AM »

what I see happening in Jennie's church is the doctrine of Christ...love thy neighbour as oneself...I see love there...the manifestation of the biggest command

now the question...are all churches = Babylon?

jennie

confused
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 02:15:37 PM »

The question was asked a bit earlier about other ministers saying we should be more restrictive and why they say that. It is thought and said that if we are going to "let those people in" we aren't going to be able to minister to families , children and all because the "better elements" of siciety would not want to be influenced by "those people". It has been said also that we would have money at our church if we had rules regarding dress, what job you do and so on. Many of the churches around here have this "church covenant" thing displayed that talks about how you can dress, how you have to tithe and even that you can't have a job that has any affiliation with any type of alcohol. This one man I know was told he couldn't be a part of a particular church because he drove a beer truck. He delivered to all the little stores. He is a great person but was told that by driving that truck to make a living he was condoning and promoting the sin of drinking! To be honest and I know this is ugly of me, but I know the preacher that told him that and I wanted to ask that preacher if he thought that 300 lb. gut he was sporting condoned the sin of gluttony!

Sorin

Question From Jennie
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2006, 08:21:17 PM »

Quote from: Jennie
To be honest and I know this is ugly of me, but I know the preacher that told him that and I wanted to ask that preacher if he thought that 300 lb. gut he was sporting condoned the sin of gluttony!

:lol:

Jennie, you should have asked him that.   :wink:

rvhill

Question From Jennie
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2006, 10:17:38 PM »

Quote from: Sorin
Quote from: Jennie
To be honest and I know this is ugly of me, but I know the preacher that told him that and I wanted to ask that preacher if he thought that 300 lb. gut he was sporting condoned the sin of gluttony!

:lol:

Jennie, you should have asked him that.   :wink:

I agree it not so much ugly, as pointing out the facts

jennie

know what you mean
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2006, 02:22:59 PM »

Hey Bobby, I know exactly what you are talking about. When we first started going to church the pastor said we couldn't go to stores, restaurants, etc. that had anything to do with alcohol. I just about drove myself crazy trying to stay away from everything!!! I finally figured out that God gave me a brain and a conscience just like he did everyone else and that no one was any more or less than anyone. I FINALLY started using my own brain  and letting the good Lord correct  me himself instead of allowing another human to lay out my path. Needless to say, it didn't turn out too good and we were no longer welcomed to that church. The sad thing about this today is that that pastor is still at that church that is literally falling down all around him. No one at all goes there anymore. It's just him and a falling down building.

shibboleth

Question From Jennie
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2006, 03:08:14 PM »

In the late 1970's I attended a Baptist church. The list of things they considered sinful was quite long.
1. Drinking alcoholic beverages was sinful.
2. Going to movies was sinful.
3. Women wearing pants to church was sinful.
4. Playing cards was sinful.
5. Boys and girls swimming together was sinful.
6.Smoking cigarettes was sinful.
I have read my Bible from cover to cover many times and never found any of these sins listed. But, this is what happens when man judges by appearance and not the by the spirit.
One thing the Baptists didn't think was sinful was gluttony. Many Baptists wer 200 pounds overweight. Gluttony is surely a sin if any are, but there were so many fat people in the church, they couldn't offend them by pointing it out. Also, they might lose a tithe payer if they offended them.
Their rules and regulations were so hard to keep and only caused me to reject them all. They never could see how contradictory or silly so many of their rules were. they were impossiuble to keep and only caused people to reject a God who was so strict.
Jennie, I know of only one store in my town that doesn't sell alcohol. But it does sell some movies that may be objectionable. We have to live in this world and unfortunaltely there aren't any perfect stores or businesses. We would have to starve and go without all our needs because we could never know where all the items we buy came from.
Isn't this like the story in 1 Cor.10:27 where Paul tells the believers not to ask questions about the meat they are eating for conscience sake.

jennie

more important
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2006, 03:15:32 PM »

Boy, when you think about it there are so many more important things to think about aren't there? I am just so thankful that I do not have to live my life as I once did when I was so worried about appearances and what someone may think about me. It is freeing to let it all go and reach out to others in the way God is leading .
No worries Bobby, I just got back in town from our little annniversary trip. It was great: dirt roads, mountains , woods and streams. I love it out there!

eutychus

Question From Jennie
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2006, 03:28:34 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
Shibbleth did you go to the same church I did???? We may know each other but don't realize it!!!LOL :lol:
 Actually our church was the same way! It was horrable for me as a christian then and I really never had the joy and security of knowing God loved me and did not want to punish me for an eternity in a hell of torment!!
 No one can live by those rules on their own and if I recall they never ever told you that it has to be Christ in you that will help you to not give in to the flesh!! They made it sound like it was totally up to you to do what was right in the sight of God!! I guess thats where that freewill thing came in on all that other false doctrine that was pushed in our ears!!
 I thank God for the blinding and the deafening because He has really shown me just what it is that He is doing in my life right now after he opened these eyes and ears!!!!
I hope this doen't sound silly!!! I can be a real tard sometimes!! #-o

bobby

bobby , your right on !! how much more we love and appreciate the True Christ!!! after realizing his LOVE.

peace
chuckt
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.