bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question From Jennie  (Read 16276 times)

theyachtman

Question From Jennie
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »

My goodness has this string become a bit churchy!

Why isn't Harryfeat getting any latitude. It seems to me he is trying to convey an opinion, not rewrite scripture. Perhaps he's a babe in Christ.

I certainly am guilty of the same blanket statements against Orthodox Christendom. To deny this would be a lie but the statement that 'muslums  are God's enemy' is the stuff I'd expect from Pat Robertson, John Hagee, or Benny Hinn - not from an 'aspiring overcomer.'

God specifically raised Pharoh for (but not limited to) the famous Moses/Aaron interlude, He called Nebuchanezzar "MY SERVANT". GOD IS IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING!

We come to this board to find that crumb of truth and occasionally 'opine'. It is very lonely out there after leaving the monolithic church system. The Board Police need to take a deep breath before jumping on their brothers.

I had enough of that at The Tithing Depot.

rvhill

Question From Jennie
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2006, 05:29:33 PM »

Quote from: theyachtman

Why isn't Harryfeat getting any latitude. It seems to me he is trying to convey an opinion, not rewrite scripture. Perhaps he's a babe in Christ.

I certainly am guilty of the same blanket statements against Orthodox Christendom. To deny this would be a lie but the statement that 'muslums  are God's enemy' is the stuff I'd expect from Pat Robertson, John Hagee, or Benny Hinn - not from an 'aspiring overcomer.'

But Islam and Muhammad are Antichrist. Also, in the Sahih Muslim Hadith, Isa kills the ad-Dajjal. So it seem that Islam pronounces it own doom upon itself.

Isa is Jesus in Arabic, and the ad-Dajjal is the antichrist

hillsbororiver

Question From Jennie
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2006, 05:32:18 PM »

Quote from: theyachtman

God specifically raised Pharoh for (but not limited to) the famous Moses/Aaron interlude, He called Nebuchanezzar "MY SERVANT". GOD IS IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING!

We come to this board to find that crumb of truth and occasionally 'opine'. It is very lonely out there after leaving the monolithic church system. The Board Police need to take a deep breath before jumping on their brothers.

I had enough of that at The Tithing Depot.
I have read and reread this entire thread and I can't find what you are speaking of.

Yes, this started off with a bit of testiness but what I am reading shows me the brethren working it out amongst themselves, this never degenerated into personal attacks.

We will have differences from time to time but if we remain composed and pray for patience and understanding sometimes these differences will open one's eyes to things we hadn't seen before.

We must keep in mind to approach each other in a humble spirit remembering Whom it is we seek to emulate. Being passionate does not give license to losing control of one's emotions.

But I must say again that from what I can see this thread worked itself out, I am sorry if I missed something and if I did will someone PULL THIS BLOODY TIMBER OUT OF MY EYE!!???!

Peace to all of you,
Joe

jennie

churchy?
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2006, 10:34:33 AM »

I don't know about this being churchy but it sounds like we all went to the same church! Those rules were killer weren't they? I have got to tell ya'll this one. Ya'll know we go to a little church that is not accepted by the churches in our community which is o.k. But when we first went there my husband was cleaning things up and found one of those church covenant things. I kid you not it was about 3 ft. by 5 ft. and framed. He pulled it out and said that we would not be able to come there if this was what the church wanted to keep and they needed to find someone else to be the minister, Fortunately , they did no longer believe in what it said and it was disposed of. Why have this huge thing on a wall that would leave so many out if you tried to live that way?I say this not to start discord but more in disbelief!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.