bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's House?  (Read 4859 times)

dogcombat

God's House?
« on: October 24, 2006, 02:40:33 PM »

Reading last night in 1 Chronicles, I saw further proof that God dwells not in houses made with hands.  This is from KJV of Chapter 17:

3And it came to pass the same night, that the word of God came to Nathan, saying,

4Go and tell David my servant, Thus saith the LORD, Thou shalt not build me an house to dwell in:

5For I have not dwelt in an house since the day that I brought up Israel unto this day; but have gone from tent to tent, and from one tabernacle to another.

6Wheresoever I have walked with all Israel, spake I a word to any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to feed my people, saying, Why have ye not built me an house of cedars?

7Now therefore thus shalt thou say unto my servant David, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, even from following the sheep, that thou shouldest be ruler over my people Israel:

8And I have been with thee whithersoever thou hast walked, and have cut off all thine enemies from before thee, and have made thee a name like the name of the great men that are in the earth.

9Also I will ordain a place for my people Israel, and will plant them, and they shall dwell in their place, and shall be moved no more; neither shall the children of wickedness waste them any more, as at the beginning,

10And since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel. Moreover I will subdue all thine enemies. Furthermore I tell thee that the LORD will build thee an house.

As I read them, I saw that God revealed to Nathan, that he is OMNIPRESENT (or Everywhere),
Also, a promise to His people Israel will be in a house the He will build.  Then speaks of the seed to come after David.

11And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.

12He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.

13I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:

14But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

Since His Kingdom is NOT of this world, we can rest and abide in the fact that His House will built as He Promised to do so.  Built His way as opposed to David's way, which I see David as representing mankind in general.  2,000 years of building what we thought was His house and He will do the building of it. 

I'm not too great at starting a conversation (unlike the mischief I've done  ;)  I was curious as to how everyone else veiws these scriptures?

Ches

brothertoall

Re: God's House?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 05:46:50 PM »

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

bobby

dogcombat

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 11:42:59 AM »

Thanks Bobby,

D'OH!!  It's ALREADY been built. 

Ches

buddyjc

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 12:54:44 PM »

Yes, everything concerning the temple in the O.T. is figurative of the temple of the heart.  The temple would be a good study.

Brian

P.S.  Dooooonnuuts..

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 09:19:35 AM »

Hello Chet,

As Brian alluded to the OT is a type and shadow of the Elect's journey with the Lord, that He is right there with us as we wander, rest, sojourn, continue on, fall, get back up and continue on this journey, seeking Him, and the place He is preparing for us (and preparing us for), Oneness with Him.

This is also spoken of in Numbers Chapter 9, among other places as well but I thought this was a good fit here;

Numbers 9

1And the LORD spake unto Moses in the wilderness of Sinai, in the first month of the second year after they were come out of the land of Egypt, saying,

2Let the children of Israel also keep the passover at his appointed season.

3In the fourteenth day of this month, at even, ye shall keep it in his appointed season: according to all the rites of it, and according to all the ceremonies thereof, shall ye keep it.

4And Moses spake unto the children of Israel, that they should keep the passover.

5And they kept the passover on the fourteenth day of the first month at even in the wilderness of Sinai: according to all that the LORD commanded Moses, so did the children of Israel.

6And there were certain men, who were defiled by the dead body of a man, that they could not keep the passover on that day: and they came before Moses and before Aaron on that day:

7And those men said unto him, We are defiled by the dead body of a man: wherefore are we kept back, that we may not offer an offering of the LORD in his appointed season among the children of Israel?

8And Moses said unto them, Stand still, and I will hear what the LORD will command concerning you.

9And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

10Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If any man of you or of your posterity shall be unclean by reason of a dead body, or be in a journey afar off, yet he shall keep the passover unto the LORD.

11The fourteenth day of the second month at even they shall keep it, and eat it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs.

12They shall leave none of it unto the morning, nor break any bone of it: according to all the ordinances of the passover they shall keep it.

13But the man that is clean, and is not in a journey, and forbeareth to keep the passover, even the same soul shall be cut off from among his people: because he brought not the offering of the LORD in his appointed season, that man shall bear his sin.

14And if a stranger shall sojourn among you, and will keep the passover unto the LORD; according to the ordinance of the passover, and according to the manner thereof, so shall he do: ye shall have one ordinance, both for the stranger, and for him that was born in the land.

15And on the day that the tabernacle was reared up the cloud covered the tabernacle, namely, the tent of the testimony: and at even there was upon the tabernacle as it were the appearance of fire, until the morning.

16So it was alway: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night.

17And when the cloud was taken up from the tabernacle, then after that the children of Israel journeyed: and in the place where the cloud abode, there the children of Israel pitched their tents.

18At the commandment of the LORD the children of Israel journeyed, and at the commandment of the LORD they pitched: as long as the cloud abode upon the tabernacle they rested in their tents.

19And when the cloud tarried long upon the tabernacle many days, then the children of Israel kept the charge of the LORD, and journeyed not.

20And so it was, when the cloud was a few days upon the tabernacle; according to the commandment of the LORD they abode in their tents, and according to the commandment of the LORD they journeyed.

21And so it was, when the cloud abode from even unto the morning, and that the cloud was taken up in the morning, then they journeyed: whether it was by day or by night that the cloud was taken up, they journeyed.

22Or whether it were two days, or a month, or a year, that the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, remaining thereon, the children of Israel abode in their tents, and journeyed not: but when it was taken up, they journeyed.

23At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed: they kept the charge of the LORD, at the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

dogcombat

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 11:03:09 AM »

Thanks Joe

Ches
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 17 queries.