bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preach/Teach  (Read 6174 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Preach/Teach
« on: March 29, 2006, 09:55:11 AM »

Thank you, Ray, for your response. I really appreciate it. The second half of your response was excellent! However, I am still "wondering" about the comment to my first question...  :)

Here is that question along with your COMMENT (in red):

Ray, what ARE we supposed to teach UNBELIEVERS? Are we not to go out and preach the true Gospel to the UNBELIEVING WORLD?

COMMENT:  I don't know, has God called you to do that?

So, you "don't know" if we (or I) should go out and preach/teach the Gospel to unbelievers?

Is it not the duty of ALL Christians to teach unbelievers what they know of Jesus, whether it be little or a lot? (what about Matt 28:19-20?) Or are we to keep our blabber shut until we spend our symbolic "13 years" in private study and ONLY "give an answer to those who ASK" DURING those 13 symbolic years?

For example, if I am out in the grocery store and I am in an isle with a young person with a t-shirt that says "CONFUSED" on it, should I speak to him about the death and resurrection of Jesus and call him to "come to Christ by saying a little prayer", or should I say NOTHING AT ALL (I know this is a VERY simple example, but I think you know what I mean)? These are the things that we learn to do in "church", but perhaps even THIS is a false teaching? I am just wondering what I should be doing and what I should be SAYING to Unbelievers/Babylonian Christians! (Nothing?)

Thanks Ray!

Jeremy

PS: Are you planning on writing a part D, E etc on "HELL"? Part C was fantastic!

Dear Jeremy:
God called me to do what I do.
If you feel that God is calling you to be a teacher, then be a teacher. I cannot tell you how to approach strangers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Quite frankly, one's actions and deeds speak more for your standing with God than do your words.  Peter said to be ready always to give an answer to them that "ask."  

I do not have a "Thus saith the Lord" regarding what you should do in your life as far as being a teacher, minister, etc.  It has been my experience, however, that most who want to teach do not have the ability from God to teach. But I am not there to witness your abilities.  This one is between you and God, Jeremy.

God be with you,
Ray

Falconn003

Preach/Teach
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 03:59:30 PM »

Boy i find this hard for even me to attempt to teach. i would simply show them Rya's and Mike's site and let them have at it.

I wonder how many of us contemplate being in the position to teach as Ray and Mike have.

This is one phobia, i hope God will deliver me from.

Rodger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.