bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what a wonderful FATHER  (Read 4956 times)

brothertoall

what a wonderful FATHER
« on: October 27, 2006, 10:05:38 AM »

Hello to you all,

I had my eyes opened once again to a wonderful truth of our heavenly Father. He revealed to me the understanding of just what a wonderful Father He truly is.

I have a certian situation going on in my life right now and I had a choice to make. My carnal beastly side wanted to make the wrong choice and the spirit filled side was telling me to make the right choice. Well I let the Spirit guide me into making the right choice and I know God was very pleased with that choice.

He has been teaching a very good lesson. I have failed at every attempt to be Christ like and the Father was correcting me for my disobiedence.

After making the right choice and obeying the Spirit, God's peace was evident and I knew He was very pleased. He revealed to me that when we are obiedent to Him He is very pleased and He let me know that. When I was disobiedent he also let me know that too.He whipped me, so to say, and I know it was for my good and to teach me. It was a good whipping and I needed it even though at the time it was not very pleasant at all. I now understand why He dealt with me the way He did.

I am sure there will be other areas that He will be working on me in but when it is finished I know that I am being made more like His image.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Love to you all,

bobby

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:40:27 AM by brothertoall »

hillsbororiver

Re: what a wonderful FATHER
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 10:29:55 AM »

Hi Bobby,

I can certainly relate to that Brother!

The entire Chapter of Hebrews 12 deals with this experience but let's continue down a few verses from 12:6;

Heb12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.

Heb 12:9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Heb 12:10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Heb 12:11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Remembering this in our trials and tribulations does not come easily, esprcially early in our journey, but as we continue, becoming more mature in Him, in His Spirit these corrections, the chastisement not only becomes more bearable, but as James writes a source of joy.

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

James 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

His peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

dogcombat

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 11:04:27 AM »

Indeed, Indeed

Ches

Andy_MI

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 12:25:53 PM »

Hi Bobby,

I can relate to what you're going through. I've been experiencing the chastening of the Lord. It was almost overwhelming me at first. He hasn't stopped the chastisment yet but He is teaching me through it and I'm learning. Knowing His purpose makes all the difference to enable me to draw closer to Him rather than running from Him. 

Understand that He's working all things together for our good is so very important. That was and still is somewhat hard to let sink into my hard head. But little by little I'm finally "getting it."

Be encouraged that the fact that He's chastising you means that you are His son and He loves you and is working His will in your life.

Sometimes I just need to be still and know He is God.

May you be blessed with wisdom and understanding and may you have the peace of God that passeth all understanding.

Peace,

Andy

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 01:35:43 PM »

Isa 29:6  Thou shalt be visited of the LORD of hosts with thunder and with earthquake and great noise, with storm and tempest and the flame of devouring fire.

Isa 66:16  For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Jer 23:29  Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

Zec 13:9  And I will bring the third part through the fire and will refine them as silver is refined and will try them as  gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

We are brought through this to bring us to where He desires us to be, in complete dependence on Him, leaving behind our old ways in the flesh to a new life in His Spirit.

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:

1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

1Pe 5:9  Whom resist steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

1Pe 5:10  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, establish, strengthen, settle you.

1Pe 5:11  To him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

mongoose

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 01:43:12 PM »

Bobby and Andy,
  It is hard to understand sometimes and to go through when He is correcting us.  You are both focused on the right thing though...that this is all part of God's plan for teaching you what you need to know.  I am finding more and more that obedience to His will (when I can discern it) brings peace and contentment and joy...not that things always go right or all happy and jolly or without stress.  But there are these feelings of contentment and well, joy, that more and more exist not because of any circumstance, but in spite of most things.  Not that I'm there yet...but it is wonderful to have this at all.  Our God is so good to us that it is truly amazing.  I just can't wrap my mind around how deeply and constantly He truly loves us.

Love in Christ,

mongoose

dogcombat

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 02:11:08 PM »

Right On Mongoose,

That's why He's our Heavely Father, who knew beforehand what we would be doing this very minute.

Ches

gmik

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 05:27:18 PM »

Good Scriptures to keep our minds & hearts steadfast.

I just got back from the Dr. and was given another week off of school. I have to go to Ann Arbor (UofM) for some heart tests.  I am not worried or fearful at all.l  My heart is fine but it is a valve that is allowing blood to flow backward.  But after the anemia/hospital deal and now this. I don't feel that this is a temptation or punishment--maybe just a trial- I don't know, but I just don't want to be a ******* son!!

So, my question.  Are health issues part of chastisement & scourging????

Thanks,
gena

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 06:46:36 PM »

Hi Gena,

The short answer? Yes.

Think Job, think Paul, you are in good company Sister.

You are also in my prayers.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 08:41:01 PM »

Joe
I am taking those scriptures for me as well....they are air to my sinking soul...and Gena....thank you for sharing what you are going through....it is wonderful...as Joe says, that you are in keeping with what Job and Paul went through....I too am on the same scourging path....! ....I feel peace but it is nowhere in sight.... :(....I feel pain and uncertainty but I know He is with me just as I know He is with you too.....He is coming again....we can feel HIM...

My prayers for peace to you Gena

Arcturus.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.