bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My son now hated God  (Read 6195 times)

shibboleth

My son now hated God
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:31:19 PM »

A month or so ago, on the old forum, I wrote about my son and how he was having doubts about God. We have been talking for the past week and he said he hates and doesn't believe in God. {sounds contradictory}
He said the evil is just tooo overwhelming and he can't love a God who permits such horror.
I gave him my scriptual proofs and just told him he is still in Gods hands and he won't do anything unless God causes it. I can relate to my son, as i felt the same way about God at one time.
Maybe you could pray for God to show Bradley His great love and mercy. Pray I will say the right things to him. My faith is still firm and I am trusting that God will bring something good out of my sons unbelief.

SandyFla

My son now hated God
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 02:43:12 PM »

What your son is going through is understandable. Deep down, he probably does believe God exists. BTW, my nephew's name is also Bradley, so it will be easy to remember him whenever I pray.

Gill

My son now hated God
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

It's great news that one day, God will be all in all, but this age is hard to bear for so many.  The elect have their chastenings, the called have their confusion, and all of humanity has an experience of evil to humble them.  God's people, at least, have the Truth which can help them understand why things are the way they are, and the Holy Spirit is their comforter.  I've questioned God before as to why He chose this way, until i came to realise that it was coming from a view that 'i would have done it better' ~ foolish me  :oops: .  We can only question so much and so far before we must humbly accept that God's ways are not our ways, even Paul says, 'we see through a glass, darkly'.  I'll pray that your son will come to see that one day all evil, pain, injustice and sin will be replaced by a glorious existence in God's love, for all of humanity.  This age will pale in comparison.

shibboleth

My son now hated God
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 06:43:21 PM »

Thank you both for your replies. Now that I understand God has a purpose for everything that happens, I have much peace in Him.  I know His will is to be done, and He knows exactly why He is doing everything He does. I know there is a purpose for every evil, ugly, sinful event that takes place on this earth. Someday God will, hopefully, explain it all to us and then we will say "Now I know why that event took place. It made no sense at the time, but now it makes perfect sense."
I have such confidence in our Lords ability to save all people, that I no longer am afraid that those who hate and doubt him will burn forever. God loves my son far more than I ever will.

rvhill

My son now hated God
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 07:04:57 PM »

Just remember that your son just like everyone else, has his beast. No one come to God, tell the beast is laid low.

Anyway how old is he and what are his interest.

Sorin

My son now hated God
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 08:20:44 PM »

Shibbs,

I've been going through the same things lately and strayed but somehow
God won't allow me to stray too far away. perhaps He'll do the same for your son, and call him back in His time. I'll keep this in mind, the next time I'll pray.

hillsbororiver

My son now hated God
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 12:55:22 PM »

Hi Debra, I am sorry to hear about the situation with your son, but I cannot say I am surprised by it as it is a normal part of our journey in getting to know Him, and in the step by step process in which He brings us into the understanding of His purpose for all of us.

Pro 3:11  My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

I believe the above verse speaks directly to the stage your son is presently in, I know from my personal experience how the hate I had for God and His methods of dealing with His creation was turned into unquestioned love once my eyes were opened and I began to understand why He uses evil and hardship to grow us into the spiritual sons and daughters that is our ultimate destiny.

Heb 12:5  And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

It is as normal as a small child saying he "hates" his Mom or Dad when he is spanked or sent to his room or has a privilege temporarily taken away. We begin understanding why we were punished and why it is necessary as we mature into adulthood. Your son will begin to understand God's purpose when his spiritual eyes are opened.

Ray answered this in an e-mail a while back stating that ALL go through this stage to one degree or another in their walk, the above verses show this is far from an unusual emotion.

My prayers are with you and your family as you go through this (temporary) experience with your son.

Joe

shibboleth

My son now hated God
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 03:17:59 PM »

I realize everything is going exactly as God palanned, including my sons hatred and anger at God.
I remember talking to people who were in church their whole lives and asking them if they ever got angry at God. The ones I stayed clear of were those who said they never had been angry at God. I figured they had never really thought about life and had deep questions that only God could answer.
Now I know we all leave our first love, we turn from God after we have seen his mercy and goodness but, we won't turn from him forever. God can turn our hearts any way He wants them. I know in the core of my being, that God will cause all things to be right.
He will bring my son and your son, my daughter and your daughter, to Himself when He determines the time.
It just kind of hurt my heart to hear my son say the things about God he did. But I understand, because I was there myself. Thanks for all your help
Joe, I couldn't have picked a better moderator of the forum than you. I believe you have a good head and really think throught issues and complaints. May we not work you too hard, that you are overwhelmed and not able to do it anymore.

Falconn003

My son now hated God
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 01:07:51 AM »

Understanding the root of the anger and hatered will give anyone a better and clearer mindset of the individual.

Perhaps a better understanding of God, is the answer, othertimes just a listeting ear, or shoulder to cry on.

My sympathy to them all with harden hearts, for if not for God using them how would we distinguish our selves of our own faults.

Rodger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.