bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fasting  (Read 6425 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Fasting
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:42:19 AM »

Hi, Ray, I wondered where you stood on fasting.  I find that it doesn't usually make that much difference to the outcome of my prayers, but some people say you've got to pay the price to get answers from God, and personal suffering is one of the strongest proofs that you mean business with Jesus.  I'm wrestling with a big problem and somebody indicated that I won't get my miracle unless I fast for it. Isn't that attitude a litte like the priests of Baal who tried to pay their god for his favor by slashing themselves with knives?

Have a great day!  Patricia

Dear Patricia;

I hear TV preachers talk about how they fasted or how that they just finished a 2-day, 5-day, two-week fast. 'Me thinks' however, that they lie. And even if they aren't lying, they just lost any benefit by telling the whole world about it.

Fasting (without food or water) may be benefical to draw closer to God.  It may even be beneficial for health. But I do not believe that it will CAUSE God to do whatever it is that you have need of.

Jesus tells us that His words are "SPIRIT" (John 6:63).  And here is a portion of Scripture which speaks to the subject of "spiritual fasting"--"...Is not THIS the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke?...." (Isa. 6-11).

Hope this helps you,

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.