bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Part 2?  (Read 5687 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Part 2?
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:41:22 PM »

Hello,

You were just asking, "What is the LIKE in 'The Kingdom is like???..." referring to the Kingdom at the end of Part 1 from the 2005 Conference Video and you said you'd tell us when you came back from the break and then there was no Part 2.  And I've clicked every link available and there's no Part 2!!!  It says "Continue to Part 2" but there is no way to do that (unless I'm missing something and I'm fairly adept with computers and internet applications)

Please help! Where can I find Part 2? ... so close and yet so far :-(

Thank you and God Bless you!

Dale

Dear Dale:
Beats me!  Maybe there was no Part 2?  I don't know. My memory does go back that far--that was over a year ago.  I can't really go into much detail on that in an email, but briefly I will say this.  When the Scriptures say that something is "like" something else, it means "similar, in some ways."  Not the "same as," as some people think the word "like" means, but "similar."  Not similar in all ways, but similar in "certain ways."  The word like is really pretty close to a metaphor.  A metaphor is when one thing is said to BE something else, as "the lake of fire IS the second death."  But it is not LITERALLY what it is said to be, but only "like something else, IN CERTAIN WAYS."

Are you now thoroughly confused?  I hope not.  And so the Kingdom of God is "like"............"leaven in three measures of meal."  It is NOT leaven in three measures of meal, but "SIMILARY, IN CERTAIN WAYS."  The Kingdom of God is LIKE, "a drag net full of all kinds of fishes."  It is NOT literal fishes, but "SIMILAR, in certain ways."  Some fish are good for food and some are not (that's about all fish are good for AT ALL, unless you have them for pets--but you can't pet a fish, like I can and do pet my cats all the time).  They are good for food or not good for food.  The Kingdom of God is LIKE THAT.  Some of those who Believe in and follow Jesus are GOOD FOR FOOD (spiritual food) for the nations of the world), but some are not--in fact, some are POISONOUS--like the unbelievably painful rock fish.

The Kingdom of God is "similar to, in certain ways," a plainted or plants grain............A man who takes account of his servants..................a man who builds a house................new wine in old wine skins..........the wheat and the tars.............the pearl of great priced..................the prodigal son and the older brother..........the lost sheep.....................the unforgiving servant.................the workers in the vineyard........the wise and foolish virgins..............the talents............the good samaritan..................the barren fig tree.............the great supper.........the lost coin............the Rich man and Lazarus........the Persistant Widow............the Pharisee and the tax collector, etc., etc., etc.  Are you seeing it?  The Kingdom of God is like "MANY ARE CALLED BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN"!  NOW are you getting it?  I hope so. I'll take it up in a future Conference (but you have got to come.......)!!
God be with you,
Ray
Does that help you at all?  Just carry this truth out in every parable concerning the Kngdom of God, and you will begin to understand what the Kingdom of God is really LIKE.  Isn't understanding the Scriptures really fund?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.