bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are any condemned?  (Read 4990 times)

PKnowler

Why are any condemned?
« on: October 29, 2006, 04:57:30 PM »

Hi,

I have a question I wonder if someone could answer. Since Christ's death was
a ransom for all. (1Tim 2:6 who gave himself as a ransom for ALL men--the testimony given in its proper
time.)

Why are any under condemnation? Such as in: John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe
stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's
one and only Son.

And why is there punishment for the wicked if Christ Blood atones for the sin of everyone?
1John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Thanks, Paula

buddyjc

Re: Why are any condemned?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 09:00:15 PM »

Propitiation is 'atonement' and atonement 'covers' our sin, but sin still remains.  It takes judgment to burn out the carnal heart of men. 

Your Brother,
Brian

TRUTHSEEKER

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 12:49:19 PM »

Hi,

I have a question I wonder if someone could answer. Since Christ's death was
a ransom for all. (1Tim 2:6 who gave himself as a ransom for ALL men--the testimony given in its proper
time.)

Why are any under condemnation? Such as in: John 3:18
Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe
stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's
one and only Son.

And why is there punishment for the wicked if Christ Blood atones for the sin of everyone?
1John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Thanks, Paula

I think that the reason why anyone is still under condemnation is found in the same scripture you gave.  "whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." Jesus paid the price of ALL sin. But it takes belief in the finished work of Christ and in Christ to no longer be under condemnation.  Only the grace of God can save and bring a realization of the truth to those condemned.  1 Tim 2:6 states that "the [this] testimony [is] given in its proper
time."  The testimony being Christ came to save sinners but will be only known when the Father through Christ drags us to himself and brings us out of condemnation in to the glorious gospel of Christ.  God will bring those whether in this life or the next out from under condemnation in his own time or due time as the scripture states. 

gmik

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 04:24:19 PM »

1Jo 2:2 And He is the propitiatory shelter concerned with our sins, yet not concerned with ours only, but concerned with the whole world also."

Joh 3:18 He who is believing in Him is not being judged; yet he who is not believing has been judged already, for he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God."
Joh 3:19 Now this is the judging: that the light has come into the world.

Condemned is judged in the Concordant.

Hopefully, someone will have a link to bibletruths to see what Ray has to say about this.

gena

Hey, Kat, look at how nicely I quoted scripture!! You are a good teacher!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 04:25:42 PM by gmik »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 05:31:16 PM »

Hi Gena,

Actually Ray covers this in quite a few articles, this one in particular.
http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

Everyone is the recipient of salvation through Christ, not all are chosen to participate in this grand work with Him, eventually all will be Sons and Daughters, some are judged and chastised by Fire in their natural life and the rest at the White Throne Judgement.

From LOF Part VI;

THE LIFE OF A BELIEVER

Let’s see again just what is involved in living the live of a believer:

"For by GRACE are ye saved through FAITH; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast. For we are HIS workmanship [Gk: achievement], created in Christ Jesus unto [unto what?] … unto GOOD WORKS, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:10). We are not saved by OUR WORKS, but we are preordained to walk in GOD’S GOOD WORKS, nonetheless.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be BORN AGAIN, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3;3). Notice that Eph. 2:10 says that we are "created IN Christ." Something new happens when we are "IN" Christ. There is a NEW birth and there is a NEW creation, "Therefore if any man be IN Christ, he is a NEW CREATURE [Gk: creation]: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (II Cor. 5:17). Albeit, this new creation has its perils as we will see in the next verse.

"Yea, and ALL that will live godly in Christ Jesus [as a new and different creature] SHALL SUFFER PERSECUTION." (II Tim. 3:12). This is not just a possibility; it is an absolute PROMISE.

"Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through MUCH TRIBULATION [pressure, afflictions] enter into the kingdom of God" (Acts 14:22).

"For if we would JUDGE OURSELVES, we should not be judged. But when we ARE JUDGED, we are CHASTENED [Greek: paideuo, to train, educate, discipline, punish, chastise, instruct, learn, and teach] of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world [at the great white throne judgment]" (I Cor. 11:31-32).

"And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My Son, despise not you the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of Him. For whom the Lord loves He CHASTENS [Prov. 13:24] AND SCOURGES [see I Pet. 5:9] EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES. But if you be without chastisement, whereof ALL are partakers, then are you ********, and not sons" (Heb. 12:5-8). "Every man’s work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be REVEALED BY FIRE; and the fire shall try EVERY MAN’S WORK of what sort it is" (I Cor. 3;13).

"Fear NONE of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give you a CROWN OF LIFE" (Rev. 2:10). "To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the TREE OF LIFE [eternal, immortal life]" (Rev. 2:7), "He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death" (Rev. 2:11), "And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give POWER OVER THE NATIONS" (Rev. 2;26), "He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment [righteousness] and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life [Christ is the book of life] but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels" (Rev. 3:5), "Him that overcomes will I make a PILLAR [a main and vital support in the very government of Almighty God] IN THE TEMPLE OF MY GOD…" (Rev. 3:12), "To him that overcomes will I grant to SIT WITH ME IN MY THRONE, even as I also overcame [see John 16:33], and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev. 3:21).

There we have a very brief overview of the life of a believer. Is it not obvious that the life of a believer consists of a whole lot more than just "believing" that Jesus is the Christ? God has bigger plans for the human race than just "saving" them. God can "save" chickens, but God doesn’t want chickens for sons! God wants sons that are PERFECT as He is perfect! Wouldn’t you all agree that becoming perfect might just require a whole lot more than singing gospel music once a week? Perfection requires many things that only God can perform in our lives. We are, after all, His workmanship, His achievement. Having ALL OUR WORKS tried in the fire of His Holy Spirit is no small part of becoming perfect.

SALVATION BY FIRE

No, our merciful and graceful loving God and Father does not eternally torture humanity IN fire, but rather eternally saves humanity BY fire.

Let’s read it and rejoice:

"Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he has built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED; YET SO AS BY FIRE" (I Cor. 3:13-15).

Does everyone understand this? NO ONE is tortured, killed, or annihilated in this fire! This fire of God SAVES people who go through it! There is salvation BY means of this fire. This fire is part of God’s judgment and grace!

The entire article can be read by clicking the link above.

This article also addresses this subject in detail
http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html

Joe

PKnowler

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 05:51:28 PM »

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question. I am satisfied with the answer!

Blessings, Paula
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.