bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey to all!  (Read 6986 times)

jennie

Hey to all!
« on: October 29, 2006, 07:04:05 PM »

I don't have anything earth shattering to say just that I was thinking of ya'll this afternoon. I hope all have had a good day. I got to do something the other day that made me so happy. It really doesn't seem much but it was to me. My little neighbor that I walk with each evening had told me on one of our walks that she didn't have anything from her childhood. Her Mama just got rid of their little toys as they grew past them. My friend told me of this doll that her Mama had given her and how she and her husband had looked for one similar to it and have never found one.  She described it to me and I realized that her doll was like one I had had before. It was the last thing my Daddy bought me before he left us. I thought the doll was long gone but that night I asked God to let me know where the doll was if it was still in this house. Well, God let me know where my doll was packed away at. The conversation we had was probably a month ago. Her mama died last week-end and I took supper over to them so she wouldn't have to think about cooking. She came over a couple of days later to bring the bowls back and I told her I had something for her. I got the doll and gave her. It still had it's original clothes on and all. When I gave it to her she cried. She said she couldn't believe I remembered our conversation! Turns out, I was the one surprised. She told me it was the same exact doll she had! Just being able to do that blessed me so much. She didn't want to take the doll but I wanted her to have it. I told her it was time for that dolly to have a new Mom! Even though , in the big picture, it doesn't seem like much... it was a tremendous answer to a little prayer I had. Thanks ya'll for letting me ramble, Much Love, Jennie

gmik

Re: Hey to all!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 07:13:30 PM »

Hey Jennie, what a wonderful testimony!  That is love in action!

How is Michael doing??  and your daughter?

Love ya,
gena

jennie

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 07:29:18 PM »

Michael is doing better and we are hoping that he will get completely released from the doctor at his next visit. We are doing the best we can for his Mama and she has good days and not so good days. Our daughter and our new son got back from their honeymoon and seem very happy. Her eyes just dance when she talks about him. He does the same when he talks about her. I do believe that our prayers for her to find the one God had for her have been answered!

gmik

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 07:42:04 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D  You are really a Romantic!

I forgot about michaels mama.  I will pray for her tonite.

gena

buddyjc

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 08:57:45 PM »

Hi Jennie,

It's the 'little' things that make 'big' differences.  That was a wonderful thing you did.

Blessings to You,
Brian

brothertoall

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 09:00:43 AM »

Jennie,

Thank you for sharing that. Everytime I read your posts it just warms me up inside. I pray that God will help me to show the love of Christ the way you do. You are such a blessing to all of us here and I thank God that he has made you a part of my life and I am sure many here feel exactly the same.

Love to you my dear friend and sister,

bobby

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 09:18:02 AM »

Jennie,

Thank you for sharing that. Everytime I read your posts it just warms me up inside. I pray that God will help me to show the love of Christ the way you do. You are such a blessing to all of us here and I thank God that he has made you a part of my life and I am sure many here feel exactly the same.

Love to you my dear friend and sister,

bobby

My feelings exactly.

Thank you Jennie!

Joe

TRUTHSEEKER

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 05:30:46 PM »

I don't have anything earth shattering to say just that I was thinking of ya'll this afternoon. I hope all have had a good day. I got to do something the other day that made me so happy. It really doesn't seem much but it was to me. My little neighbor that I walk with each evening had told me on one of our walks that she didn't have anything from her childhood. Her Mama just got rid of their little toys as they grew past them. My friend told me of this doll that her Mama had given her and how she and her husband had looked for one similar to it and have never found one.  She described it to me and I realized that her doll was like one I had had before. It was the last thing my Daddy bought me before he left us. I thought the doll was long gone but that night I asked God to let me know where the doll was if it was still in this house. Well, God let me know where my doll was packed away at. The conversation we had was probably a month ago. Her mama died last week-end and I took supper over to them so she wouldn't have to think about cooking. She came over a couple of days later to bring the bowls back and I told her I had something for her. I got the doll and gave her. It still had it's original clothes on and all. When I gave it to her she cried. She said she couldn't believe I remembered our conversation! Turns out, I was the one surprised. She told me it was the same exact doll she had! Just being able to do that blessed me so much. She didn't want to take the doll but I wanted her to have it. I told her it was time for that dolly to have a new Mom! Even though , in the big picture, it doesn't seem like much... it was a tremendous answer to a little prayer I had. Thanks ya'll for letting me ramble, Much Love, Jennie

I love it, I love it, I love it.  Now this is love in action.  Be blessed Jennie.

jennie

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 06:47:43 PM »

Thanks ya'll for your unending love and kindness. I think ya'll show the love of God here on this little forum. Many times I feel like I don't do too much to show the love of God . Many people talk to mass numbers of people and help them in doing so. Many people, I'm sure, have been able to help people financially. All I do is cook biscuits and give away that old doll of mine. Much love, Jennie

jennie

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 07:18:22 PM »

Sorry... almost forgot! Some of you get a kick out of my southern cooking so I had to let you know what I was planning for Christmas. I always take a little someting to our doctor's office. They are always so sweet to us . We all know each other's kids and families. I decided that everybody does fudge , cookies  and all so I wanted to take them something a little different. I am taking them a basket with about 2 dozen biscuits... some will be bacon, sausage and ham and some will be plain. I got me some honey from a bee-keep yesterday so I am going to stick in a little bowl of honey butter. There is going to be sausage balls in their basket too. They will each get a home-made stocking( I save all my cloth scraps) filled up with fudge, candied pecans and Christmas cookies. I take baskets to my neighbors every Christmas too. It is really fun! Old, Southern, Jennie

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 07:32:52 PM »

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :o

Salivating now, that sounds SO GOOD, I am originally a New York Yankee (born and raised not baseball) but after 28 years down here I love that Southern' cookin' Sister!

Thank you for that visual,

Joe

P.S. Jennie, you and your family ever consider moving to Tampa?

gmik

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 08:05:54 PM »

Oh Jennie.  You do like to tease!!!

I agree with Joe-Thanks for the visual.  Maybe Ray could do the next conference on that ole mountain!!  I remember what you said in the Christmas thread- that was a lovely visual too, now I got the smells that go with it!

I was born in Kentucky, then at 4 moved to ohio, then Pennsylvania, then finally landed in Michigan.  So my fondest eating memories are my granny's  southern cooking.  She had 11 kids and not a one could cook as good as she!!!

love,
gena

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 05:01:43 PM »

Hi Jennie

Your story is so precious.....that you enjoy the goodness of God flowing through giving, sharing, listening and creativity through cooking is wonderful! I can smell those buscuits and I am in AFRICA....! ;D...can't cook too well either :D You exhibit that it is truly more blessed to give than to recieve.....

His Joy to you!

Arcturus :)

buddyjc

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 06:56:25 PM »

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :o

Salivating now, that sounds SO GOOD, I am originally a New York Yankee (born and raised not baseball) but after 28 years down here I love that Southern' cookin' Sister!

Thank you for that visual,

Joe

P.S. Jennie, you and your family ever consider moving to Tampa?

That's too far west Joe.  Come to Orlando!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 07:40:57 PM »

Hi Brian,

I lived in Orlando from 1977 until 1992, Casselberry, Sanford, Altamonte, Lake Mary, downtown on Washington Street and Union Park, Bonneville Drive and Rouse Road, near UCF.

Orlando is a great place I did enjoy living there, my (then) company moved me to Tampa to set up a new division, I have grown to love it here in Tampa as well.

The big problem with going back to visit often is I-4, you never know if the 90 miles will take an hour and a half or three or four hours, one accident can bog the route down for 20 or 30 miles. :-\

What part of town are you in Brian?

jennie

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 07:45:40 PM »

Ya'll just all move on up to this ole mountain and we'll have biscuits and gravy every morning before going to work! Nothing (much!) pleases a southern gal more than to have folks to cook for! Much love, Jennie

brothertoall

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 05:15:28 PM »

Jennie I wish I could do that right now.

bobby

jennie

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2006, 09:46:57 PM »

Well, just pack a bag and you and yours come on down! I can cook for 20 about as easy as cooking for two!  Our kids say that we are cooking too much for Thanksgiving but I  don't thin so. We put a little money aside each year for the holiday cooking. We are having a baked ham shoulder, green beans,  pot of pintos, devilled eggs, a cake of corn bread , a batch of yeast rolls, sweet potato casserole, mac and cheese, corn, creamed potatoes, dressing, onions and tomatoes, pumpkin pie, pecan pie and spice cake. I guess that does seem a bit much but there are several families having hard times right now and also some folks we know that have lost their families so we are fixing for them too. I think that's the most fun of cooking...sharing with others and hopefully giving them some joy to go with their food. My brother is trying to talk me into moving someday to Charleston because he says nobody knows how to cook biscuits over there!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.