bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: twisted doctrine  (Read 5557 times)

dcfreedom

twisted doctrine
« on: October 29, 2006, 09:33:59 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NU0TzdqqG0&mode=related&search=                         

i could not even watch the whole thing. i will go back later and watch to get the just of what he is teaching.
your comments are greatly appreciated. talk about adding to and taking away from scripture.                                 

B18bhatch

Re: twisted doctrine
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 08:33:25 AM »

I agree with you. Didnt Peter think Jesus was going to establish his Kingdom on Earth in his time?

gmik

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 04:56:23 PM »

HHHHMMMMMMM.....I got thru 20 minutes....don't think I will finish it.  Thanks for the link tho I always like to see what is going on "out there"

So the entire OT was under the Kingdom of Satan??  He must be connected to the faith/prosperity message where everything is supposed to be hunky-dorey.  I also watched for a bit the next one on Hagin/Kenyon. (I followed Hagin's teachings for a number of years)

Jesus said there will be wars & rumors of wars. The poor we would always have w/ us.  Persecutions etc......

So Marquez thinks anything that goes "wrong" in our life would not be Gods Will.  Jesus only has limited power in the earth.

Now, he did touch a soft spot for me when he mentioned the starving babies.  Marquez said that if your god has a will that makes babies starve then get another god.  I do get fuzzy here about this but I know that everything is God's Will, but my heart breaks when I think about that kind of stuff. That must be an idol of my heart to be dealt with because I don't think that I would be a better God than God.  OK, I am getting in a hole here so I better stop.

Hopefully, others will bring some good teaching to counter this Marquez fellow.  My brain is a little mushy right now.

love,
gena

SandyFla

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 06:03:10 PM »

I got through the whole thing, and there's one thing the he said that's true: He (and other preachers) do not preach the same gospel as Jesus and Paul did.

So I sent him this e-mail:

Dear Greg Marquez,

I just listened to your message titled “The Kingdom of God Is …” on YouTube.  You said that you (and other preachers today) do not preach the same gospel that Jesus and Paul did.  Why don’t you?

Here’s what Paul had to say about those who preach a different gospel in Galatians 1:8-9:

“But though, we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”

So again, I ask you, why do you preach a different gospel?

Sandy

I won't hold my breath for a reply.

dcfreedom

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 12:43:46 AM »

sandy,
i thought about it. let us know what happens.
i too have been making comments on videos lately.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 12:49:15 AM by dcfreedom »

gmik

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 12:44:07 AM »

Way to go Sandy!!

SandyFla

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2006, 11:38:11 AM »

I got this reply today from Greg Marquez:

Hi Sandy:

Thanks for your email.

I'm not exactly sure how to take it though. Are you really asking a question or are you chastising me? Obviously I don't think I preach another Gospel. What I was trying to say is that Christians in general are failing to preach the good news that Jesus and the apostle Paul preached.

Nice to hear from you. If this response is inadequate, let me know.

Greg Marquez

OK, it's too bad he didn't say in his sermon: "Christians in general are failing to preach the good news ..." What he repeated is that "We don't preach the same gospel that Jesus preached." I know what that sounds like to me, and it's slightly different from what he said in his e-mail, but that slight difference makes a WORLD of difference!

Lots of times I've said or written things that I thought were clear to me, but the other person(s) took it completely wrong, thinking I said something I never intended to say, things that never even entered my mind when I said them. I wonder if this is what happened with him. Only God really knows, and I'll let God sort it out.

Sandy

dcfreedom

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2006, 03:57:41 PM »

sandy
that is just an example of someone who is yet blind and can not see the truth.
when you present them with absolute truth they do not know how to respond. they think it is a trick question. ???
i think you just exposed him. ;D ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 04:21:08 PM »

I think what you did is great Sandy!

...... by coming out....exposing those who contradict....!....and I agree, "way to go Sandy!" :D

Arcturus :)

Scribbles

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2006, 01:35:13 PM »

I agree with what the others have said, too. It also brings to mind, something that has always bugged me.....when listening to a minister, preacher, etc. in a church building, or on tv......so many times they use the phrase similiar to ..... "the church....they....believers.....christians....etc. "......all the while bible thumping talking them down, etc......attempting to "expose" them. I got so tired of them clumping all believers together, and to have to sit there and listen to them downplaying the "church", while they still call themselves the church, or believers......and actually meaning to use some sort of clarification as "in general", or, "the others".....etc.  Does any of this makes sense to anyone ??  Outside of the untruths that were being preached, and the reason that, by His Spirit, I was called out of each church, each phase of teachings, and preachers, etc....one at a time.....this was one thing that just really errked me.....lol......if I haven't explained myself very well, let me know, or maybe someone else was shown this, too, while being dragged outta Babylon.
 Good post, too.....seems to be a recent rise in this phase of preaching. And have you seen the latest news about the preacher admitting to some hedious sins...?....I believe in forgiveness, and every aspect of it, but it was just that everytime I saw an interview, he has this odd sort of "grin-smile".....I did not discern a godly face expression.
  I dont want to step out of line.....I'm sorry if I have....please let me know.
Scribbles

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 02:39:36 PM »

Being dragged
.... is a process... I agree with you Scribles!....and it is a BLESSED process! :D

BLESSED  BLESSED  BLESSED!......PROCESS......BLESSED....BLESSED.....PROCESS!

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 02:40:29 PM by Arcturus »

dcfreedom

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2006, 05:18:26 PM »

you are right on target scribbles. this is why i posted this thread. not too many people know how sheepish these wolves are.
they are ever so subtle that sometimes you can't even notice them. very good thought provoking comments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.