bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why the flesh?  (Read 5172 times)

jerry

why the flesh?
« on: October 30, 2006, 05:59:46 PM »

I was wondering today why God created us the way He did in such a weak state subject to sin,suffering,dought,and all the things we share as humanbeings,then it dawned on me that maybe the reason was that He saw no better way to bring us into a special personal relationship with Him than for Him to come in the likeness of human flesh to be like us in such a personal way weakness,dought,temptation,hunger,pain he shares all things after becoming one of us so we can become one of them and He will be all and in all,on.I think people of diffferant races feel a simular bond espcially when they have gone through some kind of trial together,maybe this does somthing to our spirit to bring it to gether with God for a special communion.Just a thought Ive had after coming out of a period of dought,dispare and shame I have felt so incomplete and unworthy lately......Jerry

hillsbororiver

Re: why the flesh?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 06:29:05 PM »

Hi Jerry,

I am very familiar with that feeling, I have been there in the past and expect to be there again as long as I remain in this flesh. You are right, He has done this so we will know positively without a doubt that we of ourselves are nothing and after we repeat this process over and over we will thankfully and fully submit ourselves to His will in all things, He is the Potter, we are the clay.

Isa 29:16  Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it,

Isa 64:8  But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

He will kneed us into the condition we need to be in to be reformed as a true Son or Daughter.

Psa 34:18  The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psa 51:17  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Have Faith and may He grant you His Peace,

Joe

jerry

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 06:52:26 PM »

thanks Joe I wonder offen what perpose would life serve if not for God and His plan,for some of us do suffer.I use to be a total freeking rech ;D ;D ;D..Jerry

Kat

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 07:58:01 PM »

Hi Jerry,

I found this in Ray's article Lake of fire-part 15-C.
I thought it might help you see God has created everything just as He wants it.

http://bible-truths.com/lake15-C.html  ----------------------------------------------------------

In Part D we will examine scriptures that will shatter some of the most coveted doctrines of the church. Most will not believe how perfect and exact God's plan is. God's plan is operating on a pre-arranged schedule. It cannot be changed or altered one iota, ever!

God created man in a “marred” condition, but God’s plan has no mars whatsoever. It was not wrong or a sin for God to create mankind in a “marred” condition.  It was a perfect plan. It is now and always will be a perfect plan.

God has always worked all things after the counsel of His Own will. His plan needs no midstream adjustments, corrections, or refinements. It cannot be improved upon. It cannot be added to or detracted from. IT IS PERFECT.  GOD IS PERFECT. ALL WILL TURN OUT PERFECT. WE ALL WILL BE PERFECT BECAUSE GOD WILL BE “ALL IN ALL”! I believe it. I hope you do too.

Well, lest I turn fifty pages into a hundred on this section, I had better stop until next time.

God be with you all--Ray

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

jerry

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 08:27:50 PM »

I totaly agree kat how could he be Lord of all anyother way.

Lacey23

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 11:05:15 PM »

Youre not alone in this, I too feel this way but we all need to remember whatever happens, big or small, signficiant or insignifcant, it's not for a useless purpose but for a greater purpose, and the greater good for mankind.  for our own benefit.   I sometime wonder why God created me, I sometime feel so useless, and wonder what my purpose is on earth. I have so many questions that I'd like answered, but i need to  remember God created me because he wants me to be part of the family and that's a honor that everyone who God creates gets, sooner or later. That means we are good in God's eyes, just not likewise in his image yet, at this current time.  that's a honor to be chosen and created.  WE are currently changing, to have GOd's character, his mind state, his righteousness, become part of us, it's a process and it takes time, not something that happens overnight, like any virtues, like patience, love, goodness etc, it all takes time. God is working with you right now. Pray for God's guidance in this and give you the gifts of love, patience, and kindess, and all that reflect God's character, his never-ending, non conditional love,  Be the Love itself should be our goal because God is love. 

Lacey

jerry

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 08:31:05 PM »

Thanks Lacey for your incouragement I agree we may never understand the reason we go through the things we do in this life there are so many mysteries but knowing that God is going to save us all is so comforting,I was sharing that with my ex sister inlaw this evening,it actualy felt good to talk and share some of His truths to one of his little ones......Jerry

buddyjc

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 11:09:43 AM »

Christ had to go through these things in order to be our 'high priest.' 

Heb 4:13  Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.
Heb 4:14  Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
Heb 4:15  For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Brian

Madeline

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 05:31:47 PM »

I believe that God has made our flesh weak to test our faithfulness and obedience to him.

James 1:12 - Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

The question is...who are we willing to serve, our flesh or our Lord and Master Jesus Christ?

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. (John 8:34,35)

I still struggle with 'my' flesh at times, but my heart is towards the Lord.

Love,
Madeline
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 05:32:47 PM by Madeline »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.