bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple joy, I hope you find it too.  (Read 4270 times)

Slim

Simple joy, I hope you find it too.
« on: November 27, 2006, 02:04:38 PM »

Every morning I try to remember this as soon as I can.

Psalm 118:24 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV)

24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it

I take solace in the fact that today is not simply happening randomly but is being made by our Lord. What could be better. It makes me a participant not the author. I like that. I rest in it.
Thank you for today, Lord.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Simple joy, I hope you find it too.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 02:28:04 PM »

Hello Slim

In the latter part of my Mother's life I often heard her say the words to that Psalm....especially  early in the morning as my wake up call when  I was visiting! :D

Now that she has passed....this Psalm has remained a special memory.

I enjoyed your additional understanding of it ...It makes me a participant not the author. I like that. I rest in it

and so now, together in fond memories of my Mother, I too can rest in this new meaning you revealed about  this Psalm.

I am glad you shared!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:37:15 PM »

Hi Slim,

That is a good verse and an good way to look at it  :)

I like that this says too.

Psa 103:11  For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
v.12  as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. (ESV)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

ned

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 12:11:55 AM »

There is nothing better to start my day than with thoughts of our Lord - first and foremost!

Unfortunately, some days my first thoughts are of work, or other worldy things/current affairs, and I get mad at myself when I realize I haven't thought about God first.  I want to think about God first thing, so much,  but what I want to do, I do not, and what I know I should, I sometimes don't.

I have a mirror in my room my mom gave me, and oddly enough, Slim, it has enscripted the verse before the one you mentioned above;

This is the Lord's doing, it is marvelous in our eyes. Ps118:23

Comforting to know even my wayward ways are His doing - and when I'm convicted of them, I know He's working in me to change me and shape me, so I am fit for life with Him. Yes, there is joy to be had in each day!!

Love to you all,
Marie

SandyFla

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 03:42:21 PM »

We can even find joy in things that upset us, although maybe not at the moment.  :P

This morning I was running late to work, and don'tcha know it, I got behind a SLOOOOW driver. I passed him when I got the chance, and ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, a truck towing a trailer pulled out in front of me. I was stuck behind him for several miles. I was reminded that the Lord might be sparing me from an accident, but at the time I didn't care. I just wanted to GO!

In spite of it all, I made it to work on time, so the Lord WAS looking out for impatient little me. :)

Sandy
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 03:46:35 PM by SandyFla »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.