bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Judgement  (Read 5539 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Judgement
« on: November 01, 2006, 10:31:11 AM »

Dear Ray,
   My friend and I were having a phone conversation and as with most of them that we have we will discuss the Word of God. She proposed a question that I did not have the answer to and therefore I come to you. I have read many of the email questions and your answers to them but haven't come across this one. If Jesus Christ died for our sins and our debt is paid in full, if we who are in Christ have been imputed with all that He has done and we are considered judged, then why is there another judgement(s)? Wasn't Christ judged for all human beings? I am searching for the answer but so far have come up with nothing. Thanks for your website and the answers that you do give to all your readers to the many questions. They are very carefully thought out and scripturally proven which is important to all who are bible students,

Sincerely yours,

Robert

Dear Robert:
Jesus DIED: "...for the ungodly" (Rom. 5:6);  "...unto sin" (Rom. 6:10);  "...for our sins" (I Cor. 5:3);  "...for all" (II Cor. 5:15);  "...for us" (I Thes. 5:10, but nowhere does it say He died for our judgment or for our forgiveness.  Christ was judged for nothing.  We are not "considered judged" as though it happened in the past at the cross and therefore has no more place in our life.  Likewise, Jesus did not die for our "forgiveness."

Long after the crucifixion and cross of Jesus, Peter tells us that "Judgment begins [yet, still] at the house of God...." (I Pet. 4:17).   We must yet, still REPENT of our sins and CONFESS them (I John 1:8-9).  Christ's death on the cross did not and does not adjudicate as innocent, ALL ARE GUILTY SINNERS.
Jesus paid the penalty for all sin at the cross:  He did not make all sinners SAINTS at the cross.  Hence, we all need judging.
God be with you,
Ray   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.