bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Lose Situation?  (Read 3638 times)

ciy

No Lose Situation?
« on: November 01, 2006, 06:32:29 PM »

"But unto Cain and to his offering He [God] had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. And the Lord said unto Cain, Why are you wroth? And why is your countenance fallen? If you do well, shall you not be accepted? And if you do not well, SIN lies at the door. And unto you shall be his desire, and you shall rule over him" (Gen. 4:5-7).

Just noticed this verse with a suggestion from God that you cannot lose in this world.  Is he telling Cain, "Do not worry you are either going to be led by Me into the first ressurrection or you are going to be "sifted like wheat by Satan" until you turn back to me?   Looks very much like "Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."  In other words I know that you God are in control and as long as I stay the narrow path I am ok and if I get out of line I will be chastened until I either get back in line or I will be gathered into the Lake  of Fire and brought into line in the final day.

Probably a stretch but it sure does give me peace.

CIY

gmik

Re: No Lose Situation?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 12:32:20 AM »

Gen 4:7  Is there not, if thou dost well, acceptance? and if thou dost not well, at the opening a sin-offering is crouching, and unto thee its desire, and thou rulest over it.'

I never noticed this verse before. I thought the Concordant might clear it up but I  don't think I get it.

But I glad you find comfort in it.  Now, I want that comfort too, so I'm gonna have to do a study on it.  Thanks. ;D

gena
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.