bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God?  (Read 5521 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
God?
« on: November 01, 2006, 08:50:21 PM »

Dear Ray,

I have been reading the information on your site in some detail, through curiosity as I am not Christian. I was wondering, if Jesus was a living being then wouldnt it be physically impossible to be born from a supernatural being such as God? And so, have powers to create miracles? It all seems very farfetched and there are so many details to the story of Christianity, why do people choose to devote their whole lives to praying for and worshipping God when he is forgiving anyway? Surely he would not mind if people didnt spend all of their time worshipping him, as he forgives sinners, and technically not visiting church or reading the bible is not by any means sinning or breaching the commandments of the Bible. Everyone indeed has to have something to believe in, I am not denying that, but I cannot understand why people can be so devoted to a religion and a God when there are so many di fferent types of religions and Gods¦ so which one is correct? Which one should we truly believe in? Which are genuine and which are just stories? I am confused about this, if you could enlighten me it would help.

Abbi

Dear Abbi:

Well, I see your point. I never thought about that before. How could God who is spirit and not physial, who possesses all power in heaven and earth, not to mention all wisdom and knowledge, how could such a Being possibly cause a physical woman to get pregnant?  Create billions of galaxies with billions of stars--no problem: cause a woman to get pregnant with a man? IMPOSSIBLE!

Just playing with your mind, Abbi.  The faith is not for everyone. You will not believe in the God of the Scriptures unless or untill God gives you the faith to believe.  Sorry, can't help there. Read the material on our site, and if it doen't persuade you in any way, then there is nothing more that I can do for you. Try someting really stupid.  Something like hundreds of thousands before you have tried. Something that men in fox holes tried.  Something that people lost at sea tried. CRY OUT TO GOD and ask Him to give you the faith to believe.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.