bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Pray  (Read 4318 times)

buddyjc

Please Pray
« on: November 03, 2006, 12:32:08 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I know I have not been around much lately, but it has nothing to do with this forum.  We seem to be going through a bit of adversity right now and all my time is spent trying to keep my family together.  My wife and I have been feeling the 'financial' burden since Anna was diagnosed with diabetes, and we've been playing catchup with bills.  All things are of God, and I do take comfort in this, because we are in the Father's hands, but my wife does not look at things the way I do, and therefore is about to fall to pieces.  Please be praying for us as we go through this time.  Also, be praying for me, because I've been going through a 'dry' time in my spiritual walk.  I've had 'dry' times before, but never this long. 

On a good note, Anna is doing so well, her doctor has decided to put her on the pump soon.  This will make her life much easier, and I am very thankful for that. 

God Bless You All,
Brian

hillsbororiver

Re: Please Pray
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 12:45:47 PM »

Hello Brother,

I am all too familiar with the "dry times" and they are truly a time of trial and tribulation, but when it is over He seems even brighter (as in light) and more glorious than before. It is VERY difficult for me to have the joy in these trials as Paul writes of but I do have a certain comfort in knowing that it is of Him for my growth in His Spirt.

Brian, you and your family will be in my prayers.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 01:14:13 PM by hillsbororiver »

lasohe

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 12:50:14 PM »

Dear Brian,

May you and you wife be comforted in your situation.
May the Lord provides you with your needs financially and spiritually.
May your wife be strong in dealing with her diabetes.
May you be strengthen physically and emotionally in this tough times.
May His word be lamp of your feet and the light of your path.

lasohe

buddyjc

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 12:57:56 PM »

Thanks lasohe and Joe,

Those words of comfort will go a long way.  Lasohe, by the way, Anna is my youngest daughter.  She is six years old going on 23.  She's been a real trooper dealing with this new aspect in her life, and she does it better than I.  Wouldn't it be nice to be six years old again? 

Thank you again for the kind words.

Your Brother,
Brian

lasohe

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 01:22:50 PM »

Dear Brian,

Sorry for the mix-up.
Must be tough on Anna to go through such a situation.
Must be painful for both you and your wife to see your 'baby' suffering.
Be reminded that all the days of our life is written in His book before they came to be.
Be comforted with these words.

Psa 139:1  To the chief musician. A Psalm of David. O Jehovah, You have searched me and known me.
Psa 139:2  You know my sitting down, and my rising up; You understand my thought from afar off.
Psa 139:3  You sift my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.
Psa 139:4  For not a word is on my tongue, but, lo, O Jehovah, You know it all.
Psa 139:5  You have closed me in behind, and in front, and Your hand is laid on me.
Psa 139:6  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is set on high; I am not able to reach it.
Psa 139:7  Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your face?
Psa 139:8  If I go up to Heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there!
Psa 139:9  If I take the wings of the morning, dwelling in the uttermost part of the sea,
Psa 139:10  even there Your hand shall lead me; and Your right hand shall seize me.
Psa 139:11  If I say: Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light around me.
Psa 139:12  Even the darkness will not be dark from You, but the night shines as the day; as is the darkness, so is the light.
Psa 139:13  For You have possessed my inward parts; You wove me in the womb of my mother.
Psa 139:14  I will thank You, for with awesome ways I am distinguished; Your works are marvelous, and my soul knows it very well.
Psa 139:15  My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret; when I was woven in the depths of the earth.
Psa 139:16  Your eyes saw my embryo; and in Your book all my members were written the days they were formed, and not one was yet among them.
Psa 139:17  And how precious are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them!
Psa 139:18  If I should count them, they are more than the sand; when I awake I am still with You.
Psa 139:19  Surely You will slay the wicked, O God; and men of blood will turn away from me.
Psa 139:20  Who will maliciously speak against You? Your enemies are lifted up with vanity.
Psa 139:21  O Jehovah, do not I hate those hating You? And am I not detesting those rising against You?
Psa 139:22  I hate them with a perfect hatred; they have become my enemies.
Psa 139:23  Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts;
Psa 139:24  and see if any wicked way is in me; and lead me in the way everlasting.

lasohe

ned

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 02:00:10 AM »

Dear Brian,

I pray for your steadfastness in the Lord. For when you seek His kingdom, all else will be given to you.
Mat 6:33  (CEV)  But more than anything else, put God's work first and do what he wants. Then the other things will be yours as well.

As you go through this "dry spell", please remember it is not God who has changed.
He is still strong, sovereign, and mighty, just like when your spiritual walk wasn't "dry".

He hasn't changed His mind about you.
Rom 11:29 (CEV)  God doesn't take back the gifts he has given or forget about the people he has chosen.

You and your family are in my prayers, brother.
Love,
Marie

Praise Him for Anna's ability to adjust!

buddyjc

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 04:14:35 PM »

I love you all.

Thank you.

brothertoall

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 09:06:52 AM »

Brian you are very dear to me and I can understand the times you are going through. I know from expierence that God is doing a very good work in you and your family and it looks dark now but His light will shine through you and in you and when it it is all done you will understand why these things had to happen.

Look at Anna and see that even this illness she has and I would be willing to bet that she still goes everyday with joy and no worries about what is going on. Look to our Lord and see that he is going to make you and your wife the same way and He has so blessed you with a perfect example when he gave you and your wife that precious little child.

My prayers are with you my friend and brother.

I Love you too Brian.

bobby

« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 09:07:25 AM by brothertoall »

jennie

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 08:17:14 PM »

I know how dark that financial hole can be. Me and Michael will be owing doctors till we die I guess. We don't have insurance either but it will all work out somehow. You and your Anna and whole family are in my prayers. My daughter was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago this coming March.Many prayers to you and yours, Jennie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.