bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remember?  (Read 6393 times)

Brett

Remember?
« on: November 03, 2006, 06:07:23 PM »

Hello there,

I have question: Will we or not remember each others like our friends, spouses, children, etc after resurrection in the scriptures? I do not find in verses unless you know?

Thanks,

Brett
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 06:25:27 PM by Brett »

Madeline

Re: Remember?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »

If they are saved? I don't see why not! But can't seem to find the right verses to point you to. But if they're lost then perhaps not. 

Revelation 21:4 - And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I don't think the loss of our family members will be remembered. But then when we get to heaven we will be like Christ (1 John 3:2), despising sin and considering those who do the will of God our True Family (Matt. 12:50).

Love,
Madeline
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 08:33:51 PM by Madeline »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 10:01:07 PM »

Brett,

Instictively I say yes, what could be greater than to see all of our loved ones no longer suffering pain or tribulation or in the grave. We are promised even more though;

1Co 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

What He has planned for us is even better than we can imagine, the love we have for our family and friends which is just a dim shadow of the love we will experience in the ages to come will be shared by us all. I believe the only things we will not remember are the particular wrongs that have been done to us and the wrongs we have done to others.

Why would we have gone through this experience of the flesh if God had not intended for us to profit from it? How can we profit from something we have no memory of?

Col 1:20  And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile604 all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

G604
ἀποκαταλλάσσω
apokatallassō
ap-ok-at-al-las'-so
From G575 and G2644; to reconcile fully: - reconcile.

Main Entry:   reconcile
Part of Speech:   verb 1
Definition:   make peace
Synonyms:   accommodate, accord, accustom, adjust, appease, arbitrate, arrange, assuage, attune, bring together, come together, compose, conciliate, conform, cool*, coordinate, fit, fix up, harmonize, integrate, intercede, make up, mediate, mitigate, pacify, patch up*, placate, propitiate, proportion, reconciliate, rectify, reestablish, regulate, resolve, restore harmony, reunite, settle, suit, tune, win over

To reconcile ALL THINGS. to me that means our relationships with family and friends will be restored as well, through Him.

This is my take, of course any different takes are welcomed.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Brett

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 03:48:30 PM »

Thanks for your share your comments and scriptures. I really appreciate it. Great work.

Brett

Lacey23

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 01:59:02 PM »

Hi Brett,

You asked whether we will or not remember each other, family, friends and people we meet, after resurrection in the scriptures?

I hope these scriptures will answer your questions

Here in Isaiah 65:17 tells us, “For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.”

However, one verse earlier, in Isaiah 65:16 the Bible says, “…For the past troubles will be forgotten and hidden from my eyes.”

It is likely only our “past troubles” that will be forgotten – not all of our memories. Revelation 21:4 declares, “He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

The Bible said that when we arrive in Heaven, we willl “be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is” (1 John 3:2). 1 Corinthians 15:42-44 describes our resurrection bodies: “So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.”

Just as our earthly bodies were of the first man Adam (1 Corinthians 15:47a) so will our resurrection bodies be just like Christ’s (1 Corinthians 15:47b). “And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality” (1 Corinthians 15:49,53). Many people recognized Jesus after His resurrection (John 20:16, 20; 21:12; 1 Corinthians 15:4-7).

So, if Jesus was recognizable in His resurrection body, maybe that means that our resurrected body won't be any different, maybe?   Iit's hard to say- it seems like we may recongize each other but we might not remember what happened between us, because God said the former will pass away, He doesn't want us to have memories that are related to pain, suffering etc, and the world we live in right now is suffering, the wars, death in the family, diseases, etc.  I think we might forget what we did with the people on this earth but we might know them as someone we knew maybe?

God said the next life with God, Life will be much better than this one and it's something that we can't imagine right now, so it's worth all this, and at least we won't have memories of pain, suffering, and all the negative virtues, to pull us down, yu know?  I think you won't mind this, because I had a glimpse of what lays ahead- and it's great!!! i got to experience the Love God has for us-  the Love I experienced that God has for us was so PURE, so TRUE,  and there was no sign of critizism toward me, he just showed me his love for me, he just loved me, with true love, unconditional love, and it was more than enough for you to want to just sit by his feet, you just wanted to be with him, thats how i felt at the time when it happened, it's something that the world is deprived of, and it needs that kind of Love. that Love God had for us was so PURE, it's something that we crave for, and what we need. so i think in the next life, Love will shine thru us, we won't even judge, critizie, we just love each other as they are- not worrying or thinking abotu what we did in the former life. I hope this helps answer your question?

Lacey

gmik

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 02:58:40 PM »

Something that I have wondered is:

Jesus finally has put all under His feet, including the last enemy death, then He gives it all to God, so that God will be all in all.  Are we in that all in all??  What does that mean exactly?

Ray says that heaven is not going to be like we imagine it to be.  It is not a place, or planet or anything, so it is spirit. So Jesus is in us, we are in Him, He is in the Father, and the Father is in Him, and we all end up in the Father.  That has got to mean something far different than walking thru meadows with our loved ones, playing harps and what not, and fondly remembering our past life.

I would love some ideas on this.

gena

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 04:40:03 PM »

This is such a beautiful thread! Everything here is so good to read and enjoy. Thank you every one.

Gena....just a thought..... I do not believe  that in our current stage of transformation, that we could recieve and survive the impact of Glory that God is preparing us to be all in all in. :D

I just have to look at myself....I weep over the smallest nudges to my heart. I feel the diversity of positive and negative emotions and there is still much to purify out of me. I believe God has in store pure light, love, fire and spirit and I can only take it in a little at a time in the present state and condition I am in now..... I believe we have a mega surprise waiting ahead of us and we will know and understand then the Glory of Gods present painstaking work He is doing in each of us now....only once completed I believe....

I just have to think that in a twinkling of an eye, the entire power of God will come upon me and I will be changed!  That experience  itself I think will leave all possible words behind !.................I think we are going to go into God and He into us and that will be like the drop of the ocean, that is us....loosing our skin of individuality and merging with the ocean....where we will cleve and never wish to leave our Creator God.......The drop and the Ocean.....it is a scary thought for the drop but once that drop looses its skin....the Ocean....all in all will be no better place to be....

i think what Church Theology is trying to do now...is it is trying to put the Ocean into the drop ::) Some drops will evapourate in the White Throne Judgement   >:( while the little stream will meet the Ocean.......... :D

Just my thoughts.... :)

Arcturus.... :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 04:44:53 PM by Arcturus »

joyful1

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 07:05:33 PM »

Why would we have gone through this experience of the flesh if God had not intended for us to profit from it? How can we profit from something we have no memory of?

very good point, Joe--

I've often wondered how we "forget" yet are "trained to reign" ...so to speak?

Perhaps it is like the birth of a child--all you momas out there know how terrible labour and delivery can be...once the baby is here....the mother "forgets" so to speak about the pain of the delivery.

now, that is not true in the sense that you completely forget that the experience was terribly painful...but your relief that you are not in the birthing process anymore is enough to make you focus on the baby and not the experience...and the baby is such a wonderful thing that it can't compare to the pain suffered.

I'm wondering if the meanings to the key words "forget" and "remembered"  in the verses mentioned above by Lacey might have "qualifiers" to them? joyce[/font][/color]

Kat

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 01:32:04 PM »

Here is an e-mail to Ray on this subject.

Ray,

You said in your last e-mail:  ".....There is certainly nothing good about a heaven that allows its guest to view their grandmothers and grandfathers, and maybe even their own children, being tortured in a fire of an eternal hell..."

I've heard it explained many times that "....when we get to heaven, we will not remember are friends and loved ones that are suffering in hell....."

The verse that is brought up for proof is Rev. 21:4:  "........and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more: neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain, any more....THE FORMER THINGS ARE PASSED AWAY......"

They emphasize that the former (or first) things are passed away and that in heaven, we will not remember those things.

Is this what Rev. 21:4 is saying?  If not, then what is it saying?

Thanks!

Ramon

Dear Ramon:
Use your mind.  God just told us what it is that will "PASS AWAY":  "death, mourning, crying pain" etc., etc., etc. THESE are the things that "PASS AWAY."
Of what purpose would there be for us to have a human experience on this earth, and then when we enter God's Kingdom, we all LOOSE OUR MEMORY that we ever existed in the first place??
God be with you,
Ray

I really like the way you put that Arcturus.
I think it would be impossible to contemplate what it will be like when we are all in all with God.
A state of pure ecstasy and bliss, how do you wrap your mind around that  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 05:14:08 PM »

Thank you Kat

I believe  Gena is onto something here.... it has caught my attention.

Shouldn't we  encourage one another to do as Jesus Christ did? He was about to go to his death and to get through the horror, the vile injustice, the abuse, the pain, the heartache...How many of our lives here look a little like this...we all have shadows of despair, we all have heartaches....not like Jesus had of course but look at His example to us all here.....HE set His eyes on the joy that lay ahead of Him...Heb 12 : 2....He for the joy of obtaining the prize that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the same and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God."

What is our prize set before us?.......

Arcuturs :)

Brett

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 02:05:36 AM »

Glad to see posts about 'remember?'

I understand about "passed away" of pain, sad, crying, sick, etc. but will not passed away from our knowledge of good and evil like God has.

My main is will we know who (spouse, friends, enemies [of course enemies will reconciled], etc? Joe did good point of all people will 'reconcile' to God through Jesus' blood and to all of us (each other) then must know who we are and who they are. If our remember has removed of who persons then we will not know what is reconcile all about.

I remember reading Ray's article of the rich man and Lazarus from Jesus' parable about them like in the judgment. The rich man acknowledge of who Lazarus with Abraham bossom. This is easy notice of the rich man remembers Lazarus after death. That does not seem hard question to me 8).

I love to remember of who my family, friends and enemies (after reconcilation) at the 1st and 2nd resurrection.

Brett

Kat

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 06:42:28 PM »

Hi Brett,

The answer that Ray gave, in the e-mail,
indicated to me that we will remember the people in our lives.
I feel pretty certain myself that we will remember the people we have known in this life.

This is from Ray's second letter to James Kennedy.

http://bible-truths.com/kennedy2.htm  ---------------------------------------------------

The "soul" is the seat of sensation, consciousness, and feelings, not the body or the spirit. It is the spirit that imparts life to the body and the body then becomes a living soul (Gen. 2:7).

A thorough study of the word "soul" in the Scriptures proves that it is used of consciousness, feelings, and emotions. Hence, "sensation" is a good word to define its usage.

�         souls can touch (Lev. 5:2)
�         souls have knowledge (Pr. 2:10)
�         souls have memory (Lam. 3:20)
�         souls can love, and be joyful (Psa. 35:9; 86:4)
�         souls can hunger and thirst (Deut. 14:26)
�         souls can sin (Lev. 4:2)
�         life can be given to a soul (Job 3:20)
�         souls can die (Ezek. 18:20)
�         souls can be converted (Psa. 19:7)
�         none can keep alive his (own) soul (Psa. 22:29)
�         honey is sweet to the soul (Pr. 16:24)
�         even God has a soul (Lev. 26:11, I Sam. 2:35, Jer. 32:41)
�         souls can hear (Acts 3:22-23)
�         souls can experience pleasure (Heb. 10:3)
�         souls can be purified (I Pet. 1:22)
�         and souls can receive salvation (I Pet. 1:9).

These verses show the wide range of emotions and sensations that "souls" experience,
And the soul has everything to do with perception and sensation as clearly seen from the verses above.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lam 3:20  My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is bowed down within me.
Lam 3:21  This I recall to my mind; therefore have I hope.

We have experiences that build character, these are the good works that will remain.

1Co 3:13  the work of each will be revealed; for the Day will make it known, because it is revealed in fire; and the fire will prove the work of each, what sort it is.
1Co 3:14  If the work of anyone which he built remains, he will receive a reward.

The good works, of course, are the works that Christ is doing in us.
I just think we could not separate the lessons we have learned in this life,
from the people involved.
We will be in the family of God in the kingdom, and those relationship are being developed now.

Eph 2:19  Now therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God,

So that's the way I see this.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Brett

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 10:21:05 PM »

Thanks Kat!

Excellent of Ray's explain with scriptures and your comments. It is awesome. I didn't read 'letter to Kennedy' because I have study "Lake of Fire Series" since over year ago. I read very slow and understand then will read further of Ray's letters.

Thanks again! ;) :D

Brett
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.