bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On the light side  (Read 3659 times)

Deborah-Leigh

On the light side
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:32:19 AM »

I liked this joke because after I heard it, I thought that it showed the inner struggle that we go through before being  "Called Out" of Mystery Babylon ..............

There was a brother who got ship wrecked and was the only survivor.

When he woke up he found himself on a tropical island with no one else there! So he got busy and built himself a shelter. He began to cultivate some crops and even planted a vegetable garden from the seeds he collected from the trees and shrubs growing on the island. After a solitary TEN years a ship passed by and took anchor off the coast of the island. The Captain of the ship saw some developments had been taking place on the island so he jumped into his speed boat and came ashore where he met with the man who had been ship wrecked ten years earlier.

The man rushed up to meet the Captain eager to show him what he had been able to accomplish in ten years. The Capatain was impressed. "What is that building over there?" asked the Captain.

"Oh, that is my house." answered the man swelling up with pride.

"And so what is that building over there on the sand?" enquired the Captain

"That is my Church where I do praise and worship" smiled the man piously

"And so what is that building over there in the jungle?" asked the Captain

"Ohhhhh...That was my old Church where  I used to go!.........."answered the man ;D

(Don't you think that some of us are dragged a step at a time.....From the jungle to the sand...on our way to coming out? :D.... ;D) I know I was and it took more than ten years :o

Arcturus    :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 10:33:30 AM by Arcturus »

gmik

Re: On the light side
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 03:17:54 PM »

Ha.  Good One. ;D

I agree with the steps or phases.  At least that is how it happened to me.  I thought I had left Mystery Babylon when I left the Lutheran Church.  Then I went to charismatic church, then a pentecostal, then an independent faith church, then a home church, then an Assembly of God, then (whew!!) another independant one.  Each time I thought I was leaving more of Babylon.

My son was at the embassy in Kampala, Uganda and went to a church there.  It so upset him about the preaching that   all the nonbelievers dying in their sin and going to hell, that he just decided he was never going to church again! (of course we know now it wasn't his decision at all but God dragging him).  Anyway, he stumbled ;D on Ray's site, told me about it, and the rest they say is history!!!

So, I once again left a church!

Thank God!

gena

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.