bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: hi everybody  (Read 8264 times)

CEO

Re: hi everybody
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2006, 07:35:52 PM »

Steve

I live in Roanoke.  You are the only other in Virginia I know of.  See you at one of Ray's meetings.

AskSeeKnock,

Charles O

steve

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 06:18:10 AM »

hey charles,
 roanoke is about 1 1/2 hours from here. it's a real nice place. i have looked at the map, i think there are other virginians here. i just haven't figured out how to use the map very well. hope to see you.

steve

joyful1

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 01:00:14 PM »

:D  Acturus! funny! I only wondered about the astronomy thingy because I am forever trying to memorize the star charts so that I can know what I am looking at..... up here in Canada, the sky is so dark and the stars so bright and beautiful! But I have a hard time getting my bearings and just about the time I do....I take a few weeks off and POOFF! the whole sky has changed positions on me--and I'm lost again!! I've tried everthing, including a glow in the dark chart that you dial up the hour and longitude and latitude on...but I'm still not sure what I am looking at!! Oh well! His handiwork IS beautiful! :)
joyful 1

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2006, 02:29:36 PM »

Hi Joyful

My brother in law is Canada, in 42 miles north of Toronto in Ontario province in New Market. I have never been to Canada but feel I will be there one day.I'd love to see the mountains and lakes and beautiful snow. I am not too fond of the cold though.

From where I live in Africa nearer the Equator, the stars are so vivid, so close, so bright and magnificent. I have always loved the stars. Our sunsets are breathtaking. Sometimes the sky looks like it is on fire it is almost sureal....with blazing color that seems to set everything aglow in golden light. It is an experience of wonder and awe to live under African skys. You have to see it to believe it. If God ever moved me from here I think I'd really miss the wild, wonderful African skys the most..............................

I know what you mean about tracing the stars. You have to take care not to mistake a satelite for a star. Also, I heard and am not to sure if it is true, that  some of the stars we observe here on earth are already extinct.....their light is still travelling through space towards us.................and with thanks to God the light of His Son shines into our hearts transforming them into His image.

Peace and joy to you

Arcturus  :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.