bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Poll

Who decided the Canon of scriptures?

yes
yes

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Books of the bible  (Read 5370 times)

Looking-for-truth

Books of the bible
« on: November 07, 2006, 10:52:30 AM »

;D

Hi, of all the books in the bible who decided which would be "Canon" and were there other books that could have been included that lined up with the scriptures/books that are in the bible we have today?

buddyjc

Re: Books of the bible
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 01:10:34 PM »

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  What we have today is what we have.  Stay focused on that.

Brett

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 10:25:05 PM »

;D

Hi, of all the books in the bible who decided which would be "Canon" and were there other books that could have been included that lined up with the scriptures/books that are in the bible we have today?

Hi,

Not sure what you mean check 'yes or yes' after your question
Code: [Select]
Who decided the Canon of scriptures?? Or maybe is mistake words (yes)?

Brett

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 06:18:31 AM »

;D

Hi,

Not sure what you mean check 'yes or yes' after your question
Code: [Select]
Who decided the Canon of scriptures?? Or maybe is mistake words (yes)?

Brett

I voted yes! I think that the gospels we have in the Bible give us enough insight. I read the gospel of Thomas and there are many sayings there that are the same as in the four in the Canon. In this way you could say that you don't need to include the gospel of Thomas. I can't see that there are any major revelations in there that are not already included in the Matthew, Mark, Luke and John gospels.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 06:19:34 AM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

jennie

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 01:32:19 PM »

I may be speaking of something I shouldn't but the way I understood things is that the Catholic church decided which books would be canonized.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.