bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Being Flesh?  (Read 5868 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Being Flesh?
« on: November 09, 2006, 10:36:37 AM »

Ray,

I was reading your replies on the forum about women and the church (copied below) and I understand what you are saying about us still being in the flesh, but how do you reconcile that with the scriptures that tell us that "those in the flesh cannot please God" and that we are "not in the flesh but in the spirit" if so be that the spirit of God dwells in you and that which is born of the flesh is flesh but "that which is born of the spirit is spirit"?

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again , he cannot see the kingdom of God .     

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Rom 8:5-10 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit . For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are NOT IN THE FLESH, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.   

Paul said that when he was talking about the relationship between the wife and the husband that he was really talking about the relationship between Christ and the church.

Eph 5:32-33 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church . Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

So if we are supposed to compare spiritual with spiritual and ?rightly divide the word of truth? then isn't the (natural) marriage relationship a type/shadow of our relationship with Christ? And isn't that what Paul was trying to show us (which was what God was showing us with Adam and Eve in Genesis)?

Paul spoke about the women learning in silence and with all subjection. He said that if they are to learn anything?.? But are we to be ever learning and never able to come to a knowledge of the truth??

So couldn't Paul's words be two-fold (needing to be rightly divided) meaning one thing to those who are yet carnal? (and still under the law) and something else to those who have the ears to hear what the spirit is saying to the churches (that Christ is the husband/head/covering of the church and in Christ there is no male nor female)?

God formed Adam and then made Eve from the rib of Adam, but after he joined them together and made then ?one flesh? (male and female), they were created in the likeness of God and he blessed them and called their name Adam:

Gen 5:1-2 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; Male and female created he them ; and blessed them , and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created .

God formed man first then he created them into his image and likeness. This sounds similar to how we are being transformed into the image of His Son? (by receiving the adoption of son; Christ in us). Adam first, then Eve. Christ first, then the church. (She  the woman - is saved through childbearing; being delivered of the child and bringing a man into the world?).

Are we (the church) not joined together as one flesh? (male and female) through the same (one) spirit into one body? And what God has joined together let no man put asunder?

God is no respecter of persons and in Christ there is neither male nor female, etc. Wouldn't this apply even though we are (naturally/physically) still in the flesh? Because we are NOT in the flesh but in the spirit if so be that we have the spirit of God in us?

And isn't it Christ who is the spirit and the voice (the woman truly is silent in the church) of the bride:

Joh 7:37  In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried , saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me , and drink.

As he is so are we in the world

Rev 22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say , Come . And let him that heareth say, Come . And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

I've just been studying this out, trying to see how it relates to what it means to be in the flesh vs iin the spirit so that I might know whether or not I am rightly dividing the word of truth. Maybe this is something that you have already considered in relation to what you said about us still being In the flesh; I don't know. It just struck me that those who are in the flesh mind the things of the flesh and those who are born of the spirit are spirit, and "not in the flesh", etc.

Respectfully,

Christine

Dear Christine:
I don't understand either your stand on this subject or your question? Do you have a real question or are your question marks [?] only retorical questions that you are already assuming the answer to by your statements? It's just not clear to me.

Are you saying "SINCE" we are born of the spirit, we are not longer physical, but SPIRIT.  Are you as Jesus said, "LIKE the wind"--invisible?  And if you are not right now "invisible" as the wind, why did you quote that Scripture? For what purpose?  And if you are not "LIKE the wind"--invisible, how can it be that you really are "BORN of the spirit?"  As I pointed out in our last Bible Conference:  The Greek word or "born" and for "conceive" are the same, one Greek word.  Therefore I contend that no one is actualy "born" of God while yet in the physical flesh, but is "conceived" or "begotten" as we have presently only the "ernest" (the down payment, so to speak) of His Spirit (Eph. 1:14). We are not COMPOSED now of spirit rather than flesh, blood and bones.

Maybe you could be more specific regarding your belief or questions on this subject if my statements above do not help clear things up for you.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.