bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jehovah's Witness  (Read 6759 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Jehovah's Witness
« on: March 30, 2006, 09:56:25 AM »

Hi Ray,
I looked at your site, and even though you have some negative thoughts about the JWs you sound like you are almost one of them. I was baptized as a JW in 1996 convention in Mobile Alabama. Yes, after fighting with them for 51 years trying to prove them wrong. I read every negative book and tract against them including Crisis of Consciences by Raymond Franz. You can't look at people, we all make mistakes. Follow the Chief angel Jesus Christ.

Your biggest problem Ray, and in the book of Ezekiel he says 60 times you are going to have to know the name of "Jehovah", anything else is Blasphemy.

Try the ASV 1901, you will like it. One question Ray, have you ever been  baptized as a Jehovah's Witness?
Christian love Albert.

Dear Albert:
No, I ws never baptized as a Jehovah's Witness. I am not "almost one," as you suggest. They would physically remove me from every Kingdom Hall on earth if I were to just give one sermon from the Scriptures, and you can take that to the bank. There is very little difference between orthodox Christianity and the JW's.  They all blaspheme the Name of God by teaching that God either cannot or will not be able to bring all of humanity to repentance. This is a damnable heresy as Peter would say. I am no more and JW than I am a Moslem.
God be with you,
Ray

Falconn003

Jehovah's Witness
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 12:05:06 PM »

Seems many, many are uneasy not knowing how to classify this walk of FAITH in SPIRIT with God.

They have to name it some form of denomination, rligion, school of thought, catagorized it, label, title, or ocult.

The simplest form of TRUE FAITH is frightening to them for some reason ???

Rodger

Falconn003

Jehovah's Witness
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 01:46:02 PM »

bobbys43

I am so gald you can see that as well bobby, as i have hooked horns with many here in who have trouble with it.

So simple a salvation he has set for us all....yet so wonderful and loving is our Father.

Rodger

nightmare sasuke

Re: Jehovah's Witness
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 02:12:09 PM »

Quote from: parsonssc

Your biggest problem Ray, and in the book of Ezekiel he says 60 times you are going to have to know the name of "Jehovah", anything else is Blasphemy.

Do you honestly think Jesus cares whether you call him Jesus, Lord, Jehovah, or Messiah? I honestly don't! As long as you are directing your worship or prayer at the figure illustrated in the Word, he doesn't care whether you call him Lord, or God, or anything! To suggest God will only hear the prayers of those that call him "Jehovah" is absurd. If you're going to think saying one word that's not English is a necessity, then just learn to read Hebrew in general. After all, quoting (as I would assume you'd argue) from the Bible in the English language is "Blasphemy!" ;D

Steve Crook

Jehovah's Witness
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 03:08:17 PM »

Fact is, we as man (mankind) place all sorts of names on all sorts of objects. Ok, here is my thought process in a nutsehll to save the long drown out typing...

If we are going to have a NEW name what do old names matter?

(Rev 2:17)  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

(Rev 3:12)  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Only one way to get this name, and it's the name that matters.

The names we use now are formalities of respect.

Anyhow, later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.