bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Genesis 1:26  (Read 5604 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Genesis 1:26
« on: November 10, 2006, 09:43:27 AM »

Ray:
I was on www.aionios.com listening to your audio "How Hard is Getting Saved?" part1.  Near the start you comment on Genesis 1:26 and that God 'created' man (past tense) is incorrect.  You claim that it really says 'creating'.  I have checked all the translations and interlinears that I have and can find nothing that supports your claim.  Everything I have found says 'created'.  Please can you provide me with a source or other proof to backup your claim.
Thanks,
Wes

Dear Wes:
The truth is that most Versions are not interesting in translating "THAT" PRECISE. Since we exist today, it is carelessly assumed that the creation act was completed back in the garden. Here are the words from a Hebrew Interlinear:  "uibra = and-he-is-creating / aleim - Elohim [God] / eadm ath = the-human / btzimu = in-image-of-him / btzim = in-image-of / aleim =
Elohim [God] / bra = he-creates / athu = him / zkr = male / unqbe = and-female / bra= he-creates / athm = them."

"And creating is the Alueim humanity in His image. In the image of the Alueim He creates it.  Male and female He creates them" (Concordant Literal Old Testament).
God be with you,
Ray
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 04:35:37 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.