bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting verse  (Read 4079 times)

nightmare sasuke

Interesting verse
« on: March 30, 2006, 07:07:06 PM »

Deu 5:24 and you said: Behold, Yahweh our Elohim has shown us His glory and His greatness, and we heard His voice from the midst of the fire. This day we have seen that Elohim speaks with the human and he still lives.
Deu 5:25 Yet now, why should we die? For this great fire shall devour us. If we are continuing to hear the voice of Yahweh our Elohim any further, than we will die.

I may be misinterpreting this, but when I first read it, here's what came to mind:

They are afraid to listen to God because if they do, they will "die" by the consuming fire. In other words, if they listen to God, they will be consumed by the (lake of) fire and become dead to their flesh. Did any of you get that thought when you read it?

orion77

Interesting verse
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 09:54:39 PM »

Yeah, sasuke I sure did.  Sounds like a description of the "many called."
That is interesting, thanks for bringing that to light.

God bless,

Gary

love_magnified

Interesting verse
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 07:38:50 PM »

That is very interesting. Moses entered to the top of the the mount of flame, while the others stayed away, too afraid of that flame, though they were of God's chosen nation: "Israel after the flesh." They were busy longing for Egypt and worshipping gold cows. It seems pretty clear how that speaks to what is happening within new Israel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.