bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Cor 2:2  (Read 12146 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: 1 Cor 2:2
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2006, 05:41:41 PM »

Andy,

Your contributions are always welcome.

Yes, the scripture you quoted sums it up for me.

His Peace and wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2006, 01:47:51 AM »

Hello Joe

You write : To become Christlike is the reward. YES JOE! THAT is what I have been trying to articulate ALL THROUGH THIS THREAD ;D

You comment : not once have I suggested that anyone knows for sure if they are of the elect, I agree and see this. I did not suggest or mean to allude to you saying anything or thinking anything but this. I agree, NO ONE KNOWS and I believe this is how our faith is preserved tested and enhanced because we DO NOT KNOW. Do you agree with THIS conclusion?

You write : we should live in the hope that we are. Now that we have the deffinition of what ELECT IS.... ;D
that it IS being CHRIST-LIKE....and as you say this....THIS....THISIS the reward......I say this is an on going process don't you agree? and if so......................AMEN! and Halleluia!..!

But before you go.......one small admonition......(.just a  teasing one mind you)......ANDY! HEY ANDY....WHERE WERE YOU WHILE THIS THREAD WAS UNFOLDING......THAT scripture was needed to clarify this thread from the beginning! .......

I have enjoyed this!

PEACE AND GOODWILL

IN LIKE-MIND.......all along :D

Arcturus :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2006, 09:04:16 AM »

Amen!

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2006, 02:33:55 PM »

GOD IS CALLING YOU TO BE A PART OF HIS MARVELOUS PLANHere is God’s plan:"And God said, Let us make man in OUR IMAGE…" (Gen. 1:26)."Ye [‘ye’ means ‘all of you’] ( Ref: Lake Of Fire Part 12 Home Page)

I would like to close this thread with the following meditation.

As Ray observes for us in http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html that …”We are part of this world UNTIL GOD TAKES US OUT OF IT.”

1Cor 4 : 13,14 …we try to answer softly and bring comfort. We have been made and are NOW the rubbish and filth of the world, the off scouring of all things, the scum of the earth. Vs 14 I do not…I DO NOT write this to shame you…(or frighten you or steal your hope)…but to WARN and COUNCEL you.

As Ray observes….”We too have need of a Priest, a Lord, a King and a Judge….not in a ceremonial way but by actual experience in our DAILY lives…..”

We must first be judged………. Ourselves transformed to His likeness in order to be accounted worthy to ….as Joe profoundly observes…to participate with Him during His wondrous work at bringing ALL to the Father.

Col 3 : 1 ..aim at and seek the rich eternal treasures that are above, where Christ is….Christ IS (THE RICH ETERNAL TREASURE!)…seated at the right hand of God. Vs 2…and set your minds and keep them set on what is above (Christ, the rich eternal treasure!) …not on things that are on the earth.

Heb 6:18…grasp and hold fast the HOPE appointed for us and set before us…

Phil 2 : 21…for the others all seek to advance their own interests not those of Jesus Christ the Messiah.

And finally:

Phil 3 : 10 –13,15

For my determined PURPOSE is that I may know Him, that I may PROGRESSIVELY become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly and that I may in that same way come to know the power out flowing from His resurrection, which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be CONTINUALLY TRANSFORMED in spirit into HIS likeness even to His death, in the HOPE, vs 11….that IF possible I may attain to the spiritual and moral resurrection that lifts me out from among the dead even while in the body. NOT that I have now attained this ideal, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus has laid hold of me and made me His own. Vs 13. I DO NOT consider brethren, that I have captured and  made it my own YET, but one thing I do, it is my one aspiration, forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead vs 14. I press on toward the goal to win the supreme and heavenly prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.  Vs 15. So let those of us who are spiritually mature and full grown have this mind and hold these convictions and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also.

Peace and Good will

:)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 05:36:36 PM by Arcturus »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 17 queries.