bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praying For The Sick and Poor In Spirit  (Read 3524 times)

hillsbororiver

Praying For The Sick and Poor In Spirit
« on: November 11, 2006, 06:01:46 PM »

Hello Everyone,

As you can see by the last topic I brought up in General Discussions my thoughts recently have been with those among us who are poor in spirit, do not have the hope that we have nor do they realize or understand the treasure that is our Lord and Saviour.

Would all who read this take the time to think of someone in your circle of family, friends and aquaintences who are especially in need of His Peace, pray for that person and for all the people we here are praying for as well? What I am saying is although we are physically miles or even continents apart we are in the same Body spiritually, let us follow His admonishment written in James Chapter 5.

Jam 5:14  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Jam 5:15  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Jam 5:16  Confess your faults one to another and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I understand that it is He who decides who is called or chosen but we are to be a part of His mission to bring all the Father's children to Him, if we are truly aspiring to be of "like mind" with Him isn't this something we should consider?

His Peace, Wisdom and Blessings to you all,

Joe 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 12:26:44 PM by hillsbororiver »

ned

Re: Praying For The Sick and Poor In Spirit
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 10:51:17 AM »

Amen Joe.
I'd like to add that because we know God's will, in that (1) He decides who is called and chosen, or (2) He has blinded the eyes of those who can't receive the truth, etc...

...sometimes when we think of certain people in our lives who are in need of prayers, we want to follow God's will, and therefore don't know HOW to pray for this person. This verse is invaluable:

Rom 8:26(CLV) Now, similarly, the spirit also is aiding our infirmity, for what we should be praying for, to accord with what must be, we are not aware, but the spirit itself is pleading for us with inarticulate groanings."

CEV version;
In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don't know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words.

LITV version
And likewise the Spirit also joins in to help our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes on our behalf with groanings that cannot be uttered.

So, even though we are not sure what we should be praying -  rather than praying something we know is against our Lord's will, just thinking of these people while we are prayer and letting the spirit do its' work will suffice.

But indeed, we should never stop praying.

Love,
Marie

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 12:11:56 PM »

Marie,

Thank for your response, it is a wonderful thing to contemplate, His Spirit within us praying/interceding for us the things we do not yet understand.

We all pray for family and friends and those we are close to or fond of, how often do we pray for those among us that are miserable and tend to spread their misery, the people who are not very pleasant to be around or are easy to like?

These are our Lord's own Words;

Matthew 5

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

vonmarschall

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 11:38:57 PM »

These postings are beautiful, and I found them right after my last post which I also find beautiful too.

How many times I have prayed and have not known what to pray about?  Many.  I guess when I do not know how to pray, I should pray anyway.

Thanks for this.

God bless.

Christopher

ned

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 12:38:27 AM »

Hi Joe,
I get your point. And it's true. Our carnal nature wants nothing to do with those people who make others around us miserable.
These are the ones we should be praying for.  The ones who backstab us, who talk evil of us, who use us - yes, our good Lord makes the sun to rise on all His people. Just because some aren't living for Jesus sure doesn't mean they don't need Him.
Excellent point, what reward have we if we are praying for only those we love?
Praying for our enemies falls into line with loving our neighbor as we want them to love us.
This should almost be added to our daytimer!!! 

Hi Christopher,
I love this little verse;
1Th 5:17  Pray without ceasing.

Love,
Marie
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.