bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matthew 7:12  (Read 4421 times)

brothertoall

Matthew 7:12
« on: November 22, 2006, 10:36:35 AM »

Matthew 7:12  Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Hello to all,

As many of you have noticed I and others here have not posted as frequently as we use to. I have thought on this and asked myself why that is. That question started many answers as to why.

Many here,including myself, have had many years of man made theology imbedded into our minds while in the church. After being revealed the truth by our loving Father, much of the garbage that most of us were taught has to be thrown out to the curb. This is not an easy thing. Many of us still have questions and most seek to fellowship here and bring these questions to others here. Some of us may or have responded to topics on this forum and the replies or comments to those questions are sharply rebuked by others here who have far more knowledge than I or others here.

I myself have never claimed to be a teacher or have full understanding of many things contained in the word of God, and I am sure there are others who will say the same. Does that mean that I or we should fear to ask questions or comment on a topic because of the reaction we will recieve from those who do? Well the answer to that question would be yes for me. I have seen this happen here I am sad to say. I have at times seen lack of patient and lack of love for those of us that are still very young in our seeking of knowledge and understanding.

I have always believed that out of all the places we should not be fearful to ask questions or seek understanding, this forum was the place to do just that. I have noticed,and I say this out of love, that some here think that they have come to that place where they are an authority on all scripture or answers to all the questions asked here at this forum. At times it even seems to me that those are trying to teach instead of seeking to learn along with those of us who are not as knowledgable as they are.

This scripture came to my mind as I thought on this very thing.  1 Corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.

Are we all here seeking knowledge only to become puffed up or should we all be seeking to love so that we may edifiy one another. I hope and pray that it is the latter.

Should we be seeking knowledge only to become puffed up or should we be seeking to be patient so that we can give a soft answer. Again I hope and pray that it is the latter.

Thank you for reading this and I in know way have said anything here to want to offend anyone but have shared what is on my heart. I only want to see unity and love for us all.

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

Love to you all,

bobby

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Matthew 7:12
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 12:30:51 PM »

It is well spoken!

Consider what Paul and Barnabas DID and SAID when they saw someone who were "still very young in their seeking of knowledge and understanding":

Then the priest of Jupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen and garlands unto the gates, and would have done sacrifice with the people. Which when the apostles, Barnabas and Paul, heard of, they rent their clothes, and ran in among the people, crying out, And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein: Who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways. Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness. (Act 14:13-17 KJV)

Nevertheless we read:

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; (Tit 1:13 KJV)

Rebuke who?

The ones "whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake." (Tit 1:11 KVJ)

God bless you and keep you,
Eirik

Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 01:19:23 PM »

Bobby wrote in part:

I myself have never claimed to be a teacher or have full understanding of many things contained in the word of God, and I am sure there are others who will say the same.
Does that mean that I or we should fear to ask questions or comment on a topic because of the reaction we will recieve from those who do? Well the answer to that question would be yes for me. I have seen this happen here I am sad to say. I have at times seen lack of patient and lack of love for those of us that are still very young in our seeking of knowledge and understanding.[/b]
[/color]

Bobby, I am perhaps the last person to be posting this; however, your following words "Well the answer to that question would be yes for me." really touched me.

Bobby and all others who fear speaking out, please look deep into your hearts and acknowledge whom your are fearing. Bobby, your words and kindness never fail to lift me, I see, hear and feel God within you. Please let it be that God is the rock of your strength.

Psa 62:7
  • In God [is] my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, [and] my refuge, [is] in God.

We must all be on constant watch regarding whom we are seeking to please. Are we seeking first to please others (ourselves) or God?  Christ warned us of the pending persecution that all of his followers would face.

Mat 5:10
  • Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Responding to this forum and being chastised and ridiculed is a form of persecution and I pray that we are all given the strength of a rock rather than of shifting sands when deciding whether to respond or not.

There is one more point that I wish to share. We must never take ridicule personally. Not one of us is posting anything of our own accord; rather, each according to the enlightment  given them by God. Those who attack simpky know no better.

My prayer for you all is that you will find the rock of your strength and use it always. I too have been way to quiet of late. I came to a road block concerning God's Word and my understanding, so I stepped back for a while in the hope that God would grant me understanding. It's rough out there alone, although I did find solace browsing the forum daily. Do you know what I discovered? I am nothing without God and everything because of God.

I hope this makes sense :) Comments welcome.

Love,
Darren
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 07:56:21 PM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 05:23:54 PM »

Bobby

I like to think about salt, light and pearls. We have to learn how to employ these tallents lent to us by Christ. Do we use the salt to sting, chastise and expose....do we reflect the warmth of his light to brigten understanding or do we offer pearls of insight that are precious to us.

I see in Ray much salt that purges of falsehood, and sterilises  error. I see much light that opens up understanding. Of course there are pearls of much wisdom making rich the hearts and minds of those who Christ chooses to reveal Himself. These tallents display themselves often in the Forum and through the Forum members these riches of Christ become more visible.

and.... having salt light and pearls is not of any value without love. I see that you have a lot of love..............

Arcturus :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.