bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unequally yoked believers  (Read 9740 times)

pstrevnglstchrls

Re: Unequally yoked believers
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 02:58:30 AM »

Galations refers to people who claimed believers and were trying to bring in a doctrine that wasnt christs

Andy_MI

Re: Unequally yoked believers
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 04:11:37 AM »

Hi pst,

Here's some more witnesses to the text.

Eph 5:11 Complete Apostles' Bible
(11)  And have no partnership with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them.

1Co 10:21 Complete Apostles' Bible
(21)  You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord's table and of the table of demons.

I've found this to be true in real life. I had to give up some of my closest and dearest friends who are unbelievers and walk in darkness.

I have a past of alcohol and drug abuse and it's common sense for me not to sit at their table hanging out on the weekends when they are drinking and drugging. I've found out through "hard knocks" that that causes me to sin.

I had a business partnership with an unbeliever at one time. I had to break that yoke with him because of his ungodly ways of doing business and treating customers. He didn't see any problem with lying or cheating or not keeping commitments with the customers.

Also I can't see a marrage being happy if I were to marry an unbelieving wife or even a wife of a different religion all together.

2Co 6:14 Darby
(14)  Be not diversely yoked with unbelievers; for what participation is there between righteousness and lawlessness? or what fellowship of light with darkness?

Is this verse so hard to understand?  It seems so simple and full of common sense to me.

Peace,

Andy

« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 04:32:59 AM by Andy_MI »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.