bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Statement of faith  (Read 5506 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Statement of faith
« on: November 14, 2006, 10:42:51 AM »

have you written a statement of belief that draws together the truths you are exhorting so they are easier to see as a whole?

thanks,
brady

Dear Brady:
I have never seen a "statment of faith" or a Christian creed that was Scriptural in my entire life.
God has written my statment for me:  It is called "The Holy Scriptures."
God be with you,
Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Statement of faith
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 10:36:34 PM »

Yes, i agree the Holy Scriptures are as such, but you have gone to great lengths to make the exhortations you have made about the Holy Scriptures.  What I am asking is for a simple lay out of those exhortations to see how they all relate together.  Have you given any thought to this?  I have spent hours reading the long exhortations of the Holy Scriptures you have made, and I so wish there was a concise layout of your timeline from Creation to Eternity with God so that All of this is easier to grasp.

thank you,
brady

Dear Brady:

Yes, I have given a few minutes thought to such a project and then dismissed it. First, I don't know everything from "Creation to Eternity," and I don't have the time to do the projects that I consider really important, like finishing my Lake of Fire series.  I have found on several occasions in my writings that sometimes in order to understand a particular scripture, or subject, it is necessary to understand virtually the entire Bible in great detail, or that one verse can not be understood.  There is more to writing a 30 or 50 page Installment than most would believe. I have now written close to two thousand pages of Sciptural teaching, and I must be able to defend every single word of that teaching.  Men have written hundreds of VOLUMES on some of the subjects I write on, and they have done that over a period of TWO THOUSAND YEARS, and yet, much of their writing is unscriptural.  So every time I write an Installment, I must cover more truthful ground in a few months than THOUSANDS of theologians have covered over HUNDREDS OF YEARS.  People think that John Calvin and Spurgeon were such spiritaul giants and geniuses, but in reality they were heretics, and some of them extremely evil. Their teachings are universally accepted as Gospel by most of the Christian world. And I, a semi-retired roofer, have to take them on, if I am to teach the Truths of God.

If you really want to understand the Scriptures, you will have to read and study and pray and obey for many years. I know that there are many who would like a Scriptural formula for "all Spiritual things" just as the scientific world is trying desperately to find the "formula for everything."  I will never teach by just giving my opinion, and if I am to prove what I believe, then I must use hundreds and thousands of Scriptures, along with instruction regarding them, and that takes hundreds and thousands of pages. It cannot be condensed down to some simple "statement of faith."  There are problems with all such statements of faith that I have seen: [1] when pressed, the people who wrote them, don't even believe them, and [2] they are unscriptural in content.  I just have zero interest in what most religions consider normal and important.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.