bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Staying in church  (Read 5365 times)

Phazel

Staying in church
« on: November 15, 2006, 08:04:50 PM »

I know alot of people talk about not being able to stand being in church anymore.  But I have not left the church I was attending when being able to understand the teachings on Rays site. 

I am contemplating leaving.  I need some advise or direction concerning my thoughts.

I know what will happen if I just start talking about things that are completely contradictory to what the church has as its "statement of belief".   But. during several bible studies we have, I have had some success in just introducing bits and pieces of simple thoughts and challenges to the scriptures being studied.   

I find it  interesting that some people are open to new ideas if they aren't just railroaded with concepts that completely flip what they have been told for years.

Is this a fruitless venture?   Am I actually hiding my true beliefs from people because I do not just start saying I do not believe what the church teaches any more?   

I would not fight the church if it told me to leave, but, I am intrigued by the fact that as I continue to go to these studies I am often asked specifically for my opinion.

I give my opinion if I feel I have a good grasp of scriptural knowledge and understand whats on Rays site as opposed to just letting Ray speak for me by just repeating what he has written.

Thoughts, anyone.

PKnowler

Re: Staying in church
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 08:36:43 PM »

Hi Phazel,

There are many people of all denominations who believe in Universal Restoration, some have chosen to stay in church. Wouldn't it be awesome if you found out about those people as you started to share. Or maybe you could be a light to someone as you share. We are called to be light and salt. Perhaps God would have you be salt in your church. Ask God whether you should stay or go. If you do share be ready to get kicked out though. Jesus said that we would have persecution. If that happens rejoice for great is your reward in heaven.

Blessings, Paula

Slim

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 03:11:43 PM »

My experience is usually the same. During the sermon, I usually am greatly uplifted and I think WOW they got that just right and I feel blessed being there. Then at the end they will throw in Hellfire and damnation. It almost never fails. Good cop bad cop. God loves you, God hates you. God loves us all, God loves just a few. God is kind, God is torturing Sadist. They don't know they are saying this but they are. It is a mixed message the never fails to get me angry. So for me, when I here them talk of the sadistic god they make, I cannot listen without feeling spiritually depressed and a little angry. It makes me angry at the Christian Community as a whole. What a bunch of hypocrites. I am getting angry right now just thinking about it. But they do get a good part of the message of Christ right so.... if you can handle the rest, more power to you.

brothertoall

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 03:22:08 PM »

My feelings are much like those of you Slim. It too makes me a little angry just thinking about it not to mention my stomach tieing up in knots.

I really do not want to hear half truths. I listened to that for too many years.

I know also that God has us all right where He wants us. Those that are still blind and deaf and those that have had their eyes and ears opened.

If God has you where He wants you Phazel, then it just may be that one person in your group that God is using you to reveal that truth too then everything that happens will be worth it.

I too say pray about it and ask God to lead and guide you.

bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 04:06:01 PM »

When in a cross road or a fog zone I have found the following exercise to be quite clarifying....painful but helpful..... Perhaps it can help you too.....

Consult your physician God. Tell Him your motives. A motive check is good medicine. Mix one spoon fill per day and take three times daily. Ask God to test your answers as positive or negative.....Keep the routine till you have peace.... then proceed from there......

Arcturus :)

SandyFla

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 04:06:32 PM »

Hi Phazel,

I, too, still attend church, although I don't agree with the doctrine they preach. As I've shared on this forum before, like you, I've brought up things I now believe and have gotten some people really thinking. I will probably leave someday, but for now, I feel that God has "planted" me there.

Sandy

YellowStone

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 05:00:51 PM »

Hey Guys and Gals,

This is a really good discussion. Churches are not churches in the same way Truth is Truth.

I've been to and been members of several churches that were as different as chalk and cheese when it came to their message, delivery, fellowship and expectations. The part I miss most from my church days is the fellowship and friendships that were made. Some churches simply made you feel welcome and part of the family.

However, as much as loved this, I could not abide by the falsehood regarding the truth and my limited understanding of Scripture. I simply could not ignore the mis-truth's. Please understand that I am talking purely about me. I am walking the steps God has planned for me, just as each of you are.

God has a plan for each of us, let us not question him, but rather as Arcturus, so apptly stated, question your motive instead.

If that comes up clean, then life is Golden. :)

Darren

buddyjc

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 03:14:59 PM »

I would stay until your thrown out.  If you are discussing the truth with those in your church, and some are 'thinking,' then why not stay?  I came out of my church long before I found Ray's site.  I came out for different reasons.  I realized I was building a relationship with my church and not with Jesus Christ.  Even though I do not attend that church, I still work there, and have the opportunity to speak the truth in that way.  When the time is right, you will come out of the church.  Just keep going and doing what your doing. 

Be Blessed,
Brian

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 03:19:13 PM »

That is a good enough reason/revelation/realization :D  I realized I was building a relationship with my church and not with Jesus Christ.

Arcturus :)

ned

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2006, 06:32:58 PM »

Even after 6 months of having my eyes opened and blessed to the truth, I was struggling with my decision to leave the church. Finally, I decided to do a self-analysis on my "church membership".

Why I am staying in the church?
Who am I pleasing by staying in the church? Me or God?

Guess what? Everything pointed to me.

It's not about me. It's about Jesus.

The rest is history. 

Love,
Marie

P.S. I don't regret it for a moment, although every once in a while my carnal self misses it - see....me!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.