bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do I EVER need prayer!!  (Read 4275 times)

deejcop

Do I EVER need prayer!!
« on: November 18, 2006, 01:27:46 PM »

Hello, group

If I ever needed prayer, it's now. Next week, I have to make the decision(As permanent guardian)as to whether or not to have my Dad undergo an extremely risky surgical resection of his brain tumor. If he doesn't have the surgery, he gets progressively worse(As is very much the case now)and ultimately dies, and our family's task is to just make him comfortable before the inevitable end--which the doctors arent sure exactly when. If he DOES have the surgery, his chances of pulling through are no better than 65%, and it's not necessarily granted that he'll be significantly better off than before. Basically, it's hit and miss.

I really need y'alls prayers. I don't know what to do, and I'm not hearing the voice of the Lord on this. I so want to do the right thing by my Dad, and I feel the world on my shoulders. Please, petition the Lord on my behalf. I really appreciate it.

Thank you all

ned

Re: Do I EVER need prayer!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 02:45:17 PM »

Dear DJ,
No doubt you are in a tough situation.  I pray God will reveal to you His will and purpose for your dad.
Keep seeking Him, only this will bring you peace.
Love & prayers,
Marie

Andy_MI

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 03:13:51 PM »

Hi DJ,

You're in my prayers.

Heb 4:16 KJVR
(16)  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Peace,

Andy

Layla

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 07:53:05 PM »

What wonderful responses! DJ - you and your family will be in my prayers.

Peace and Blessings
Layla

gmik

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 11:15:06 PM »

Amen.

How old is your dad??  That would tip the decision a certain way I think.

I hope you are all recovered!  This is a heavy burden but we will help you carry it.

Love,
gen

brothertoall

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 10:15:29 AM »

Dj you are in my prayer and may the Lord give you and your family understanding and guidence.If you need to talk please feel free to PM me.

Love to you my sister and friend,

bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 11:50:35 AM »

Hello DJ

What a hurdle of faith you are facing!

I hope it will be of some comfort to know that God knows exactly which decision you will make even if you do not know at this moment. For God, your choice in this matter will lead to the outcome that He has prepared for you. It is not your decision what the outcome will be. It is already in the Plan of God for both you and your dear Father. It is God who knows the beginning from the end.

Be confident that no matter what the outcome, that it is God who is working all according to His purpose.

I hope this brings some peace to you. Your test of faith is very difficult yet it is not one that God would have you unable to endure or find a way of escape into His Peace for you at this time.  He knows what you are going to do and He is not going to leave or forsake you.

Faithfullness and endurance to you
Arcturus

buddyjc

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 02:22:24 PM »

Hi DJ,

I will add you to my list brother. 

Love to Ya,
Brian

vonmarschall

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 12:30:51 AM »

And you have my prayers as well.

May the Lord bless you and keep you.

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.