bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lurking  (Read 3906 times)

buddyjc

Lurking
« on: November 19, 2006, 02:30:07 PM »

Hello Everyone,

You may have noticed that I haven't been posting much lately.  I have taken some time to go over Ray's papers, but it takes time.  Also, I have been coming here so much that I have been neglecting my family.  I began to realize that this forum was becoming an idol, and I had to leave it alone for awhile.  Just wanted to let you know that I'm still here, just not as much.  I come in to see the prayer requests to keep up on what's going on in your lives, but that's about it.  All of you are so dear to me and just wanted you to know.  I want to stress to you that I am NOT LEAVING THE GROUP, I'm just not going to be here every day. 

Your Brother in Christ,
Brian

gmik

Re: Lurking
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 02:44:11 PM »

Thanks for the post Brian.

It is hard to have time to read Ray's stuff AND do the forum justice.  I may take your lead and be a lurker.  I want to do both but right now I need to be re-reading and learning.

Trouble is, I am a natural born "yakker" and to just read & not comment will take some self control. :D

I will be praying for you and your family Brian.  Check in from time to time.  Let us know how Anna is doing.

love,
gena

buddyjc

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 03:18:56 PM »

Will do Gena.

ned

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 12:57:09 AM »

Hi Brian,
If this forum is becoming an idol in your life, I want to thank you for noticing that and following God's guidance in this situation. Like church was, I've noticed too that this forum can easily become like an idol...this is when we need to re-focus and remember WHO it is that brought us here, (and why), and therefore who it is we need to please, certainly not ourselves first. You are indeed blessed for having your eyes open to this idol in your life and for dealing with it.
I love how God works with His children. I'm sure we all agree He really is an awesome Father who knows how to handle kids  ;) !
Blessed be His Holy Name!
In loving fellowship,
Marie

brothertoall

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 08:55:21 AM »

Brian,

I completely understand and I too was getting to that point where it was almost like an addiction.

Thank God He had to jap slap me back to reality.

You are very dear to me also brother.

bobby

Layla

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 10:00:16 AM »

Hi Brian

I know you are not alone in feeling what you have shared in this thread.  I think many of us go through this.  It is a blessing to have these things revealed to you and a wonderful testimony of your obedience.

I think the gathering of the saints becomes very important to us because the loneliness we feel.  I have read some very good articles on loneliness and although they do strengthen me, it doesn't make the loneliness any easier to bear.

Personally, I think just popping in every once in awhile to share a good word given to your or a good thing that the Lord has done in our walk is sufficient and I think when we gather to lift of our Lord Jesus Christ amongst us we walk away fulfilled in fellowship as opposed to spending hours on the net reading the words of men and stating our agreement or disagreement  on doctrine.  I think thatt type of fellowship wearies us.

May the Lord continue to strengthen you and I look forward to seeing you pop in and letting us know what the Lord is doing in your life!

Peace,
Layla

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 05:31:39 PM »

Brian

No need to apologize ....there are a lot of us out here lukring.

Occassionally we all need time to study the Word more and to deal with the things that are happening in our lives.  Everyone here understands.

Beloved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 16 queries.